Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Guest debbiejohncruise
Hi Deb. looks like you were on the a equinox. That is the cruise we are going on. Do you have any dining tips that could help the whole weight thing? Thanks L

I gained 3.8 pounds in 3 weeks. Not bad at all. In the "old" days we would have both gained a lot more. We did a two week cruise on our honeymoon 33 years ago and each gained 10 pounds.

Dining tips are: Equinox, great buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner on deck 14. Breakfast, lots of healthy choices: mine were fresh melon and pineapple, hard boiled egg, skim milk and coffee most mornings. Lunch, salads, lean chicken or broiled fish.....Dinner we would have chicken skewers, tzakiki, steamed rice for example......many, many healthy options. In the main dining room they always had a symbol next to the healthiest and nicely flavoured dishes. Just have to pick your healthiest options. Their sorbets were excellent! We liked eating at the buffet because then we didn't have to do 5 course meals. We did two specialty dinners, one at the Murano and one at the Tuscan Grill. But for those splurges that we did do (we had free drink package for 21 days!) we always took the stairs and Nordic walked on the lifeboat deck on 5. The jogging track was up on top of Deck 14 and directly in the sun so it was much safer (skin cancer surgery coming up) to walk in the shade down on Deck 5.

Thanks Deb. Good to know. We too have the drink package so I guess we will be doing a lot of walking too. I do want this to be a life style change (weight watchers) but I do want to indulge a bit on vacation. I don't usually drink wine or drinks much any other time but oh those Spanish coffees on vacation! I have a few weeks to go so I will keep going with this in mind. Thanks again Laura

Hey everybody. Got back from our cruise about a week ago. We had beyond...well I cannot even say how wonderful this one was as they only seem to get better. I was so afraid of this cruise breaking my good eating habits but I learned something about myself... When you have been eating healthy for a year your body will not let you overeat...lol I gained not a bit, in fact the pants are loose from all the activities we did. It is the true beauty of slow weight loss that I attribute this to as well. Yes, I had a few treats but food this cruise took a back seat to everything else. I think I have finally figured my body out. Next cruise is booked for March of 2015! Hope all of you got back safe and sound and had a wonderful time as well..

Jo

I am already planning menus for every day on the ship. I signed up for MTD (3 nights), 1 Chops Steak House dinner, & 1 Giovanni's lunch.

I have cut back on my meat & starches. I fill at least half of my plate with vegetables. No sauce on anything. No breads (the basket goes right on by & I have found I don't miss it). I already know my weakness is deserts so I will TRY to just take a sample of anything that looks awesome (I can't live without) & take some fruit. I don't drink anything alcoholic so that is not a problem. I am planning on riding the exercise bike in the gym & maybe the treadmill if I can't get out on the jogging track. I'm not sure about using the stairs because one knee is arthritic (one was replaced last year). That's my plan for now. I think it is practical. You do have to splurge occasionally (like lobster bisque). I am bringing some WW mini bars with me to splurge on.

Wish me luck!:D

Well, my friend and I rejoined WW last night. We live about 30 miles apart but are meeting in the middle to go to a meeting together. We are both Lifetime but have a long way to go! I'm tired of not having any energy and not feeling well! I have about 80 pounds to lose and I really want to do this!

Hello All! Just dropping in to say hi. I started WW again about 3 weeks ago. It worked well for me 4 years ago and now I'm back. Had a baby about a year ago and I need to get back in shape.

We're going to an AI in Jamaica for our anniversary in October, and cruising next April for my birthday. More than looking great, I want to feel great and have the energy to really enjoy myself :)

I've lost about 3 lbs, averaging a pound a week. I have to work out first thing in the morning, before work. I have a goal to do a 5K in May so I'm training for that. There's an app called Couch to 5K that's helping me train, I love it!

I've lost about 3 lbs, averaging a pound a week. I have to work out first thing in the morning, before work. I have a goal to do a 5K in May so I'm training for that. There's an app called Couch to 5K that's helping me train, I love it!

I just restarted WW again this past Saturday. I am a lifetime member from 1988, but you would never know it by looking at me. :o

I am also doing the Couch to 5K with a bunch of people at work, we run our first race in May too. I work out on the treadmill when I get home, when it warms up I will head outside. I would love to lose 40 pounds by February and our next cruise, but I am taking it one pound at a time.

I just restarted WW again this past Saturday. I am a lifetime member from 1988, but you would never know it by looking at me. :o

I am also doing the Couch to 5K with a bunch of people at work, we run our first race in May too. I work out on the treadmill when I get home, when it warms up I will head outside. I would love to lose 40 pounds by February and our next cruise, but I am taking it one pound at a time.

Great job! I can't wait to run outside. The treadmill is cool, but the scenery is kind of boring :rolleyes::) I really like the Couch to 5K app. It pushes me just enough out of my comfort zone, but isn't pushing so hard that I get discouraged. I can actually finish each run, which is a good feeling.

Happy to report that I'm down 5 lbs! The WW app told me I need to slow down. Who would have thought, lol! I used most of my extra points allowance too. I'm sure everything will start to even out as I settle into my routine. That running sure did help though!

Happy to report that I'm down 5 lbs! The WW app told me I need to slow down. Who would have thought, lol! I used most of my extra points allowance too. I'm sure everything will start to even out as I settle into my routine. That running sure did help though!

Bravo Star for you! I love your review of the Allure, can't wait to sail her.

Hi guys!

I need to lose 20 lbs. before July, and I've used WW before with great success. I found a site where you can follow WW for free. It looks like kind of a pain - several different apps and calculators, but just in case you don't want to join WW again *like me*, here it is:

http://freckleberryfinds.com/2012/01/how-to-get-weight-watchers-for-free-really/

Hope that works - have never posted a link here before. I haven't started yet - the weather is still, shall we say, non-motivating! I've got to get on it, though. The last 10-20 is a bear to lose. Does anyone else plan to get in great shape and then eat/drink to your heart's content on vacation?? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

A few caviats. The activity calculator, unlike Active Link, makes no allowance for a base daily activity level and, for example, awards an activity point for 15 minutes of low intensity walking which can lead to over valuing daily activities.

Also it appears to allow the continued use of the old points which can also lead to errors in valuing foods

A nice website but not a substitute for the real thing

Congratulations on the weight loss. No matter how I tried, never went over points and only used a few extra points twice, I only lost 3lbs in 6 weeks! I will keep going. Cruise is next week so I am just going to enjoy and be sensible. Enjoy your cruises! Laura

• 2 weeks later...

Great job ladies! I'm down 7 lbs so far (as of last week). I hate being bloated...I gain about 2 lbs of water weight when I'm bloated. :( I know I should just subtract 2 lbs from the number on the scale, but there's something about weighing in heavier than the week before that psychs me out. Learned that lesson the last time I did WW a few years ago. I'll track and exercise this week and look at the scale next week.

I just thought I would check in. I am down 14.6 lbs in 11 weeks and managed to lose 1.4 lbs while in Vegas for 6 days. I will keep plugging along, it is not moving fast however I am really not counting points as I have so many points to play with. It should start to fall off quicker now as I have started walking home from work. It is just over 4.5km (2.8 miles).

Hi Everyone, well, I'm back from my 3 days in Miami Beach and 4 on the high seas on my Monsters of Rock cruise. I'll be giving a mini-review in a day or so but for right now I'm pleased to say that when I went back to my meetings I only gained 8/10 of a pound. A lighter top would have put me even-steven! we just "rocked" the calories off those 4 days and nights!

Edited by TravelRocker

Hi all! My name is Janice and I just started WW on Sunday (doing it online only). I had lost 52 pounds in 2010 and was very happy! Unfortunately I had complications from a double mastectomy and I've gained 35 of it back :(

My husband and I are planning a Caribbean cruise in Feb of 15 so I am working to lose the weight again before then.

Janice

Hi Everyone, well, I'm back from my 3 days in Miami Beach and 4 on the high seas on my Monsters of Rock cruise. I'll be giving a mini-review in a day or so but for right now I'm pleased to say that when I went back to my meetings I only gained 8/10 of a pound. A lighter top would have put me even-steven! we just "rocked" the calories off those 4 days and nights!

Congratulations! That is an amazing feat! :D

• 2 months later...

Wow, where did our thread go! Guess I'm not the only one who got caught up in "Life". I'm holding steady at 37 lbs. I feel that my body is "resetting" itself right now, I'm losing inches instead of pounds...this is totally OK with me as I'm getting into pants I have not dreamed of wearing for years. My T-shirts are waaaay to big now and rings are going on other fingers! I'm ready to start going d-o-w-n again with an extra push for the fruits and veggies, more water and different exercises.

I've booked my next cruise, it's around 297 days from now, haha, but at least I'm not killing myself to get the weight off and can do it slowly and sensibly.

Let's get this thread "cookin" again shall we~! :)