Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Starting tomorrow, Sept. 20 till Oct. 18th I have to really behave myself during the week to save points for all the weekend temptations.

I have 4 birthday parties (70, 96, 38 and 40th), 1 dinner party and 2 Canadian Thanksgiving dinners to get through.

With the self-restraint that you show Kerri, I am sure you will be down your 1/2 pound gain and be able to enjoy all the wonderful parties you will be attending. And I will be admiring you when you post your next loss.

Nikki

I've just read through the last 10 pages of this thread, and you all are so motivating and encouraging! I would like to join in.

I've re-joined WW (about 8 weeks ago) and so far have lost a little over 10 pounds. I have a LONG way to go to goal (about 75 more pounds) but a medium-term goal is to lose another 35 before my upcoming cruise in January. I know that's very ambitious, especially with the holidays coming up, but I feel like I really need to challenge myself.

I was up one pound at my WI this past Saturday (my brother was visiting from out of town and that threw off my planning), and I'm trying to get back on track, and to track everything I eat. That is always the key for me. If I'm not tracking, it's just too easy to write off that day, or week!

Well, I hope everyone has a great week, and I look forward to getting to know you all!

Andrea

Went back to Weight Watchers for the first time in 2 weeks because of vacation. I only gained 1 1/2lbs. I thought it was going to be more but I am happy with that. THe gain was from when we stayed with my son. Should have been easier to keep it off but once off the ship I was looking for FOOD. Our cruise ship had yucky food and terrible desserts.

Back on track I hope and on to the next weight lost for me.

Does anyone use their phone for tracking. I am really not getting it.

Hi Andrea! Welcome.

With the self-restraint that you show Kerri, I am sure you will be down your 1/2 pound gain and be able to enjoy all the wonderful parties you will be attending. And I will be admiring you when you post your next loss.

Thanks for the support, but I didn't do it this week.

The good news is that 2 of the birthday parties are over with....the bad news is that I gained 1 pound.

Too much home cooked Italian food yesterday at my MIL's. Right; that's it; not my fault at all! :rolleyes: (oops)

Does anyone use their phone for tracking. I am really not getting it.

My current phone doesn't support the tracking and I only do it on my laptop. I do love calculating points on my phone when I'm grocery shopping.

I am trying WW for the first time. My 2 biggest problems are, putting the food in my tracker and I am a truck driver, so eating healthy on the road is hard. I would like to lose 50 lbs before our cruise in May. I think I am making good choices, but realize it bad. I also dont get to wi on a regular basis. Any help would be nice. Thank you!

Welcome Andrea and Ladybiker4life. Like the rest of us here, you will find lots of encouragement. The best way to look at WW is as a way of life. Most of us have previously treated it as a diet and when we reached our goal went back to our previous, not so good ways. Back came the weight. I have committed to a lifestyle change. That doesn't mean that I lose every week but I am more successful his way. If I don't lose, it is because I didn't track everything or my portions were too large. The online WW may work for you if you are unable to hit meetings on a regular basis. Just try to track every food you consume and be prepared for those times that you re faced with bad choices. Try to keep healthy food like fruit and baked crackers in your truck. Order baked or grilled food when in a restaurant, and watch the portion sizes. If you go off track at one meal, get right back on for the next. I am sure others will add more words of wisdom. Good luck.

Nikki

Hi everyone! I was kind of excited to find this board. I have been dragging my feet about staying on plan and going back to WW but I just booked a cruise and I figured it might be just the motivation I need. I wont be perfect (I have a lot of weight to lose) but I will be happier! Maybe happy enough to book a second cruise as the next goal? ;)

I'd like to loose 100 pounds before my cruise. I'm being realistic, if it takes a little longer it wont hurt me.

Nice to meet you all!

Kerri and Nikki, thanks for the welcome! I really tried to buckle down and get back on my tracking, after slacking off all weekend. Tracked pretty well (2 points left over today, and I made good food choices), and clocked 4 activity points on my Active Link - not quite meeting my daily goal, but at least I moved some.

LadyBiker, I can understand your struggle with only doing the online. For me, without the accountability of the weekly WI (heck, sometimes even with it!) it's just too easy for me to let myself slip. If you can't get to a WI, maybe pick a day and report in to this group - just something to add to the structure of the plan.

Andrea

Welcome bmorecat. It is nice to have you join us.

It is a struggle, but the best reward is seeing the scales move back. I am starting this week to concentrate on Power foods so that I can get away without tracking on my upcoming 2 months away. I am hoping that by eating only those foods during the day that I will be able to consume a glass or two of wine as well and that the clothes still fit well by the time I return home.

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Welcome to the newcomers. I've not been doing too well. Had an unexpected week out of town a couple weeks ago, so that threw me off big time. I'm down to two months til cruise time and its become obvious I won't hit my goal. Its disappointing but I think I can still gain some ground before that time comes.

I have never been to a WW meeting and have only done the online tracking.

Welcome to the newcomers. I've not been doing too well. Had an unexpected week out of town a couple weeks ago, so that threw me off big time. I'm down to two months til cruise time and its become obvious I won't hit my goal. Its disappointing but I think I can still gain some ground before that time comes.

I have never been to a WW meeting and have only done the online tracking.

I've never been to a WW meeting either and only do the online at home. I'm not a group person and didn't do well with the one-on-one at Jenny Craig.

I didn't make my cruise deadline either, but I'm still trying and I did feel better for having lost a little bit a least.

Did a mid-week weigh-in this morning and as of today I'm at least headed in the right direction again. Now to wait and see what it is on Monday when it counts!

I am trying WW for the first time. My 2 biggest problems are, putting the food in my tracker and I am a truck driver, so eating healthy on the road is hard. I would like to lose 50 lbs before our cruise in May. I think I am making good choices, but realize it bad. I also dont get to wi on a regular basis. Any help would be nice. Thank you!

Short or long haul trucking? I don't do either, but I thought of being a trucker once and dated one. ;)

Anyway, this is what came to my head, whether it's good we don't know.

- Short hauls pack your own food in a cooler. Carry cut up fruit and veggies that you can grab easy.

- For long hauls maybe have one of those little fridges or coolers that plugs into the lighter. Then you could also keep doggy bags from restaurant meals that are too large and eat 1/2 cold for a second meal.

- I would think drinking lots of water would also not be easy as a trucker. Too many stops needed.

- Google the places you usually stop to eat with their name and WW points plus. For small chains and up you may find a list of the points.

This website has a lot of restaurants listed. I use it often for eating out or traveling if I know where we might end up eating.

http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/weight-watchers-points.html

Weighed in this morning. Down .8 pounds. Not as much as I was hoping for but it is going in the right direction. Now to use mostly Power foods and lay off more than 1 gelato a day while we are in Europe. I want to return back in good enough shape that my clothes still fit. That is going to be a challenge but all the extra walking should help somewhat.

Nikki

Congrats Nikki,

I was down .8 too. Was hoping to take off more than the pound I put on last week, but at least I was down. I'm trying to re-focus on tracking and getting the good health guidelines. I've been really slack on weekends as well, and trying to tighten that up.

How exciting to be in Europe for two months! I think it's a great idea to focus on the power foods - who wants to track on vacation? Especially in Europe! While my cruise is in a few months, that's a medium-term goal for me. My ultimate one is to be at goal weight by my 50th birthday and to spend that week in Paris - that's 15 months away, next Christmas. Gotta keep my eyes on the prize.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Andrea

The title of this Board intrigued me & I think I was meant to find it. I signed up for WW online in May, but really fell off the wagon in the summer. I've got one month to cruise (Carnival Elation-Hallowe'en) and even if I could lose 5 lbs before that would be good, 10 even better. I'm sure I'll find some inspiration from fellow cruisers. :)

Welcome bak. Any loss is good and if it puts you on the right track even without reaching your goal, you have done well.

Cruising to paradise, I know exactly how you feel. However, any loss, no matter how small, is not a gain and is a step towards that goal. Keep it up!

Nikki

I am ready to leave in the morning so this will be my last post for a couple of months. My plan is to eat mostly Power foods and get in a lot of walking. Of course there will be an occasional gelato and a few drinks consumed as well. Wish me luck. I do not want to undo all the hard work.

Nikki

Showered, dressed and coffeed ( is that a new word?). Suitcases are in the hall and passports in the purse.

DH is cooking breakfast and I need to water the plants one more time and empty the dishwasher. I think I have accounted for everything, but if not, we will have to purchase there.

Nikki

Hi Everyone, OK, I'm taking the leap onto your Board. I printed out and read the last 10 pages last night and you all seem like a great group. I like that "cruising" is the common thread in our efforts.

I've been on program about 6 weeks now, I am a meeting goer, like the group vibe. So far it's 14.6 lbs and hope to crash 15 tonight, Thursday is my weigh day. About 12 years ago I was very successful on WW with a 62 lb. loss. I was also what they used to call a "Member Helper", our group was huge. Then they discontinued it for some reason. I had started a walking group and took everyones distance every week and marked our progress on a big map on the wall. I think we were walking the Pacific Crest Trail. We had a great group

Then of course life happened and it all went back on. I tried different diets in the meantime and nothing stuck. I have a cruise buddie in Phoenix who has been very successful so decided to get back to business. We had a total blast on our music themed cruise this past March and are going again next March. I was still on a cane at that time, (designer fold-up canes of course) after hip replacement surgery. It was a tough one! One plus of being on such a huge ship, MSC Poesia, was that walking back and forth on the very long decks really strengthened my muscles and sped me up, haha.

Being inactive for almost 1 1/2 years took its toll but I feel good enough now to start walking again and get the exercise part of the program in motion. I'm feeling very positive about WW right now and myself in general. Anyone who has lived for any length of time with chronic pain knows what I'm talling about. It's all uphill now and I'm looking forward to participating on your Board.

Oh, one last thing, someone mentioned Mio on a previous post, I found it at the 99 cent store in my area. the grape is good! Take care everyone, Cheers.