help me find hotel please

glituner32

Hi guys,

after doing some searching I see a lot of people stay at the Intercontinental next to the port of Miami. They get really good rates using LMT, lastminutetravel.com.

The hotel is hidden but I can't seem to find it. The only low price I see is for the JW Marriott hotel.

Dates would be Jan 7th 2012 to the 8th. Sailing on the Glory on jan 8th out of Miami.

Can anyone help me find a good rate for this hotel???

Thanks

Stan

Jan/Feb is the top of "season" in S. Florida, so you will never find a really cheap deal right on the ocean like that.

I checked and the 5 star for downtown looks like the IC to me .. at $240. I did this in the fall, but in high season, anything by the water will be high.

If I was you I would pick one out by the airport to stay at, rather than fight the snowbirds for being by the ocean to keep costs down.

lastminute has no fee. I would also check out the photos and match them up on Expedia before I jumped in. Pick something cheap like these airport hotels and then taxi or shuttle to the port in the morning this time of year. Here are just two airport holes on lastminute and check hotwire, or try priceline.

2-star hotel in Miami International Airport Area/M

4.65 Mile(s) To Airport

$56

---------

or

3-star hotel in Miami International Airport Area/M

7.55 Mile(s) To Airport

Description | Map & Directions | Photos

$65

-----

3 star for $69 airport .. 3 star for $80 .. lots of inexpensive choices by the airport. Do be sure and check the photos and check reviews and decide after you know which hotel is which.

I checked and the 5 star for downtown looks like the IC to me .. at $240. I did this in the fall, but in high season, anything by the water will be high.

LMT does not always have the Intercontinental offered. Check back weekly; it may still be too early.

Also you might consider bidding on Priceline for a 4* hotel and at least you know you would get a nice place.

.. the 5 star downtown is almost for sure the IC I mentioned .. for $240.

Its high season .. so the price is just higher .. but its listed as I just posted above you.

.. the 5 star downtown is almost for sure the IC I mentioned .. for $240.

Its high season .. so the price is just higher .. but its listed as I just posted above you.

The 5* hotel for $240 states 221 rooms in the description and this is the Four Seasons.

The Intercontinental has 644 rooms.

When I go to the LMT website it shows all of the hotels by name. The hotel for $240 is listed as the Four Seasons. Don't understand as in the past you did not know the name of the hotel until after credit card details had been applied to the reservation. What is going on?

Archived