How many ships in port

delta13

Here's another source that has a free Itinerary Lookup:

http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/ItineraryLookup/tabid/2918/Default.aspx

The rest of the website is a small 3$ a month charge but I have found it to be a very accurate source and well worth the investment. No membership terms if you don't want, and you can join or quit any time.

P.S. I have found the Cayman Port Authority website oddly missing a ship listed on every other website (including the cruise line site) when I'm there on Dec. 6th aboard Celebrity Millennium: Navigator of the Seas is missing. You would think it would more accurate.

Well very interesting about the missing ship because that is the ship I will be on NOS on Dec 6.

Cruisecal is the best of the Ship Calendar sites. Lots of really great features, easy to read formats, and six different Calendars none of the others have.

I first noticed that the Navigator of the Seas was added to the Cayman Is. schedule last month on CruiseCal and checked the Cayman Island Port Authority site and it wasn't listed. I also went to RCI's website and it verified what CruiseCal listed was indeed correct. Even today the Cayman Island Port Authority site is not updated.

Cruisecal however doesnt list ALL cruise lines and some of the European based lines or very small companies may not be shown. For example the day you and I are there on the NOTS and Celebrity Millennium a ship not listed on CruiseCal, the AIDAaura, will also be at anchorage. That makes a total of six ships:

Carnival Legend

Navigator of the Seas

AIDAaura

Celebrity Millennium

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Valor

This is typical of this time of the year where you will have lots of ships in port as this is part of the high season in Cayman. The town will become very crowded starting at around 9:30 AM.

This is a tender port.

Keith

I haven't been to Grand Cayman since 1997 so it should be interesting to see how things look with six ships. Last time I was there was on the Sun Princess and there were just two ships present. I had planned on staying on the ship but may just take a tender ride back and forth just to get pictures of the ships themselves sitting off the shoreline.

This is typical of this time of the year where you will have lots of ships in port as this is part of the high season in Cayman. The town will become very crowded starting at around 9:30 AM.

This is a tender port.

Keith

thank goodness we are the only ship in that day!!

I haven't been to Grand Cayman since 1997 so it should be interesting to see how things look with six ships. Last time I was there was on the Sun Princess and there were just two ships present. I had planned on staying on the ship but may just take a tender ride back and forth just to get pictures of the ships themselves sitting off the shoreline.

It does change the atmosphere of the town.

When we sailed Grand Cayman in the 1990s there would only be one or two ships in port similar to your last experience.

When you have six or so ships the downtown area does get very crowded.

The biggest difference I noticed is that there were less nicer stores featuring china and crystal glassware and other fine items and these have been replaced with more trinket shops and places to drink.

Keith

Archived