HELP!!!!! Carnival Valor or Carnival Miracle?

CDorsey1981

Would you choose the Carnival Miracle going to St.Maarten, St.Lucia, St.Kitts or Carnival Valor on a Western Caribbean Itinerary? My friend and I waited TOO long to book so now the Miracle is almost sold out for the November 2 sailing so we would have to settle for an Oceanview cabin instead of the usual balcony but if we sail on the Valor we can book the Balcony cabin with no issues. So everyone please help IF you had to choose would it be the 8 day on the Miracle or the 7 day on the Valor? I have been on the Miracle before but never on the Valor nor have I had an Oceanview cabin....any help would be great!!! THANKS!

Wow, tough question! Ordinarily a no brainer for me...8 days on the fabulous Miracle would be my choice (although I can't say anything about those ports as I haven't been there yet). However, would I be able to give up a balcony? I don't think so. But there could be a cancellation for a balcony...it's a gamble.

I like the Western ports, even though I prefer to do them on the Legend...just love Spirit class ships.

I might have to choose the Valor, but I would not be as happy as doing the Miracle...just can't live without my balcony:o Any difference in price that would sway you?

I've done both those itineraries, on those ships. I loved the Southern Caribbean route on the Miracle; the ports are amazing, especially St. Kitts! I'd do that one again in a heartbeat. But...the Western Caribbean on the Valor is pretty awesome, too; going out to Stingray City on Grand Cayman has been one of our cruising highlights, and I think so far that cruise has been my husband's favorite.

You can't lose with either one of those, but if it were me, the deal breaker would be not being able to have a balcony. I won't cruise without one!

Have a great time, whichever you decide! :)

Right now Canrnival and other cruise websites are showing balconies avalable on the Miracle Nov 2nd, 2011 sailing. So I would choose Miracle especially at the very low balcony rates a saw.

I have been on both and while my choice would be Miracle (Only based on ports of call), I'll give my .02 cents.

Valor sailing out of Miami will generally have a younger crowd; therefore, deck activities, disco, etc will be more enjoyable.

Miracle on the other hand will have an older crowd. I guess in part due to the extra sailing day. My last cruise on the Miracle left me and my family with mixed feelings. For example, the ship was dead by 9pm, including the disco. The deck party played mostly old rock and roll and old tunes. Deck games, contests and other activities were slow and boring, mainly due to lack of passenger participation.

We still managed to have a great time in part thanks to friendly staff, family members and of course, great Port Of Calls.

Hope you have a great cruise.

I have sailed once on Valor and twice on Miracle. Both are fine ships, with their own pluses and minuses. I like the mid-ship balconies on Spirit class ships (Miracle). They have a little room to move around in. On the other hand, I like the big lido deck screen on Conquest class ships (Valor). Its nice to sit out under the stars, watching a movie (even if it isn't a good movie). Having said this, I'd say that in my mind, the ships are about equal.

Bottom line, I would lean slightly toward the Miracle, because you get an extra day.

I've done Valor twice, and Miracle once. The Valor was nice, but I LOVED the Miracle cruise!!! And the ports are a little more unique (vs. the same old western ports on the Valor), an extra day, and smaller ship...what's not to love?

Right now Canrnival and other cruise websites are showing balconies avalable on the Miracle Nov 2nd, 2011 sailing. So I would choose Miracle especially at the very low balcony rates a saw.

There are balconies available but its VERY expensive.

I would definitely experience a different ship. Go on the Valor. I have been on both. I don't personally care to repeat a ship until I've experienced them all. I hope that can happen some day. You will have on blast on which ever you choose. I think it also depends on which ship takes you to new ports you have not yet experienced.

Have fun!

I have sailed both ships...Ship of choice: Miracle! With that said, I had a great time on both; have to say the night life was wonderful on the Miracle when I sailed an 8 day out of NY. fun fun fun both of them...balcony vs. oceanview..balcony...7 vs 8 days...8 days..hmmm..seems like a stalemate to me:)

Would you choose the Carnival Miracle going to St.Maarten, St.Lucia, St.Kitts or Carnival Valor on a Western Caribbean Itinerary? My friend and I waited TOO long to book so now the Miracle is almost sold out for the November 2 sailing so we would have to settle for an Oceanview cabin instead of the usual balcony but if we sail on the Valor we can book the Balcony cabin with no issues. So everyone please help IF you had to choose would it be the 8 day on the Miracle or the 7 day on the Valor? I have been on the Miracle before but never on the Valor nor have I had an Oceanview cabin....any help would be great!!! THANKS!

No brainer we have been on both and we are booked on the november 2 on the miracle its our favorite. and ocean view are ok .how much time do you spend in your room. we took inside . dark and great for the few munites of sleep you get:D

Miracle Nov 2nd $799 + taxes Valor Nov 6th $699 + taxes or Valor Oct 30th $649 + taxes basically $100/day for either ship.

Okay the $799 is for an obstructed balcony with a tender boat sorry thats insane to book. Also for the Valor im nooking the military rate so its more than just $100 a day.

Archived