Whats your must have beauty products???

BlondieGal

Try using Metrogel. It's clear and goes on once a day. Doesn't take away much of the reddness, but prevents break out. :)

Shoot, the redness is the worst of it. I get random outbreaks of itchy red bumps but they usually only last a few hours. But my face looks like a blotchy tomato. I hate wearing makeup. For one I'm lazy, it's time consuming, I suck at it, and I'm so sensitive to everything that it causes discomfort and more red bumps. I used to wear makeup to work and when I didn't one day people seriously freaked out asking why my face looked like that. I rarely wear it now but I won't even look in mirrors most days. It's really unattractive.

Shoot, the redness is the worst of it. I get random outbreaks of itchy red bumps but they usually only last a few hours. But my face looks like a blotchy tomato. I hate wearing makeup. For one I'm lazy, it's time consuming, I suck at it, and I'm so sensitive to everything that it causes discomfort and more red bumps. I used to wear makeup to work and when I didn't one day people seriously freaked out asking why my face looked like that. I rarely wear it now but I won't even look in mirrors most days. It's really unattractive.

Yes, it's a tough condition to deal with. The aestitician at the plastic surgeon's office says metrogel will take away the red, I just don't have it that bad.... unless I drink wine.:rolleyes: I still use it because a dermatologist told me one time that it will get worse as you age.

My sister has had good response to IPL, but it's expensive and only lasts six months to a year. I use Bare Essentials "Prime Time" primer and mineral powder make up. It's not heavy like a liquid foundation, but does need to be reapplied about half way through the day. It does tone down the redness. :)

I tend to use less when I'm on vacation. I also don't do hot/beach vacations.

I use makeup remover wipes, Cetaphil cleanser, Olay moisterizer with SPF, tinted moisterizer to even skin tone, creme blush (pink), lipstick (berry), black eyeliner, (skip mascara on vaca), light moisterizer with sunscreen. Tweezers are a must.

for hair I can usually tie it back so comb, brush, styling creme and a little hairspray.

I do like extra moisterizing conditioner, so i'll bring that.

I also need to take one of those plastic scrub puffy things for lathering up in the shower.

I like to get waxed before I go, so it saves on shaving for the first 5 days. Wish they would do waxing on board. I figure if they can do accupuncture they should be able to handle some wax.

. I use Bare Essentials "Prime Time" primer and mineral powder make up. It's not heavy like a liquid foundation, but does need to be reapplied about half way through the day. It does tone down the redness. :)

I use the same. It's the best I've found but I still get irritated skin. I also have to cake it on pretty thick to cover the red. I'm only 25, been dealing with this for about 10 years. I'm scared of how bad it will get as I age!

I have a clarasonic mia and it breaks me out, do you have any tips on using it? I wonder if i'm pressing too hard.

My big must have is my clarisonic, suncreen, mascara, philosophy lip gloss and tinted moisturizer (because I always seem to sweat off my make up on vaca anyway!)

These days I get technically get away with having nothing but the clarisonic since its made a huge difference in my skin (love love love having make up optional skin!)

Like everyone, I pack the basic toiletries (body wash, deoderant, etc.), but these are my absolute must haves that make the difference for me.

Hair One cleansing conditioner, Tigi Moisture Maniac conditioner and Paul Mitchell leave-in - I have very short curly hair so all that's required for a great hair day is conditioner. Granted, I use more conditioner in a week than most people use in a month.

Monoi Tiare Tahiti coconut oil and coconut suntan oil - smells like Tahitian gardenia and leaves my skin glistening , no need for lotion

Gilette Fusion Proglide razors

I don't wear much makeup during the day except waterproof mascara and some lipgloss for laying around pool, but for the evenings I have to have - MAC Studio Sculpt concealer, Bare Minerals foundation, MAC lipglass, Loreal Voluminious mascara, and lots of Smashbox gel eyeliner.

• 1 month later...

Must haves:

Paddle brush

hair products and spray

flat iron and small curling iron

hair ties and bobby pins

sunscreen

lip balm

Estee Lauder foundation and powder

waterproof mascara

several pallets of eye shadow

several different colors eye liner

bronzer

3-4 lip glosses with coordinating lip pencil

Victorias secret lotion and body Spray (Love Spell)

favorite perfume (Angel)

Venus razor

2-3 nail polishes

polish remover

Estee Lauder night cream

makeup remover pads

Deodorant

2 Sunglasses

hat

I have recently found a product that I love for my baby fine, flat as a board, no body hair. It's meant for long wavy hair, such as beach hair, but it gives me incredible body. I bought my sister a travel size so she could try it out as well...she says the same thing.

It's Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Sea Spray http://www.bing.com/shopping/paul-mitchell-awapuhi-wild-ginger-texturizing-sea-spray-5-1-oz/p/D0FADBBFA0A1DB555012?q=paul+mitchell+sea+spray&lpq=paul%20mitchell%20sea%20spray&FORM=HURE

It's got a great scent, not overpowering or else I wouldn't use it. Smells like ginger. A little spritz throughout and my mousse (I really need the extra body, just a bit, though) and I can't believe the difference.

I started with the travel size and then purchased a full size, I'll refill the travel size bottle for our next cruise.

I'm sure there are other brands of sea sprays out there.

I'm curious what you use for your roseaca? Mine is terrible and my doctor said there was nothing I could use. But it's a military doctor so I never feel like I'm getting the full scoop.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread earlier :(.

I use the same stuff 5326jan uses: Metrogel.

My prescription is to use it twice a day, so I may have more of a problem than she does - thank goodness for her :), bad for me :(. Good thing is it only takes a small amount each use, so a tube lasts a while. When I first went to the dermatologist, he prescribed a sulfur cleanser, which smelled terrible, but I liked that it seemed to help my face, and Metrocream. Next prescription he prescribed a different sulfur cleaner and it caused problems with the rosacea and I didn't like it because it had a perfumey scent to it (trying to mask the sulfur smell, maybe, but I don't like and can't seem to handle heavy fragrances) and Metrogel. I like the gel better than the cream. Don't know if there is any difference in the way they work, or not, but just like the clear gel better. I haven't been using any sulfur product - trashed the perfumey stuff, but am going to ask the dermatologist about getting some of the stuff I liked.

For makeup, it's kind of trial and error when it comes to finding some that won't worsen the rosacea. What works for one person may not for another. Too many variables.

I've used Physicians Formula powder foundation and did pretty good with it, but it was messy - powder everywhere when applying. So I switched to their Physicians Formula Healthy Wear tinted moisturizer - a liquid in a pump bottle. I like it because it's easy to apply (I'm lazy, too, when it comes to putting on makeup) and it covers well. It doesn't seem to bother the rosacea as much as the other liquids I've used in the past. I'm still using it when I'm in a hurry, but a few weeks ago I had an in-store make over done and purchased some Bare Mineral powdered makeup. So now I use the Bare Minerals makeup when I have more time to apply it and when I'm wanting a break from the liquid. I love the light feel and look of the Bare Minerals. And I love their containers which have a wheel inside that you can open to sprinkle a little of the powder into the cap and close the wheel to keep the powder from making a mess within the container. It'll be nice when traveling.

About the redness from rosacea, have you used a green concealer on the red areas of your face? It really cancels out the redness.

I tried Smashbox’s Photo Finish Color Correct during the makeover. With buying all the new makeup, I couldn’t afford to spring for the Smashbox at the time, so I purchased, and have been using, Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral Wear Correcting Primer SPF. Both correctors really do a great job of covering the redness. Smashbox's product will run about $40 and the Physicians Formula cost me about $10. I like both, and will be buying a tube of the Smashbox when I can to compare long-term use of both.

I'd talk with your doctor again. If he or she can't or won't help, try another doctor, even if you need to go to one outside of the military. Just as 5326jan had been told, I'd also been told also that the condition can worsen over time. Better to try and get it under control and keep it under control as soon as possible.

Hope you soon find relief for your cheeks and have fun and good luck finding cosmetics that work and make you look and feel great! :)

I'm glad to hear that you like the gel better. He gave me the cream and since my face is INCREDIBLY DRY I thought maybe that would be nice but because my face is so dry, it doesn't want to rub in! It's awful. I think the gel might rub in better.

It took a couple of weeks but my primary care manager finally put in another referral to dermatology--has to be done every year to go back--so hopefully in the next few months I can hopefully be seen, especially since I'm almost out of my medicated foam for my really bad psoriasis on my scalp.

I can't even get doctors to agree on what exactly my scalp is. My dermatologist from elementary through college said psoriasis and really took her time in looking at my scalp so I believe her more than anybody. The derm. who barely looked at my scalp for 5 seconds and saw me for less than 3 minutes said dermatitis. The next derm. when we moved didn't look at my scalp at all and said sebo psoriasis or something that basically means it could be dermatitis OR psoriasis. The medicine is the same but it would be nice to have an accurate diagnosis.

I have used both Metrogel and Metro-cream for my rosacea. The gel was much easier to dab on, it required a lot less rubbing. But with either one, I had to use tons of moisturizer (not the same time I put on the Metro stuff) to keep all my skin from drying out and flaking off. Also, it seems to really help my rosacea if I make sure to always wear sunscreen all the time, even on cloudy days. I hope that helps, ladies.

I have a quite big travel beauty bag which goes with me everywhere if I'm staying overnight away from home. Note: it doesn't include make up...:D

Clinique

Make Up Remover

Cleansing Wash

Clarifying Lotion

DD Moisturizing Lotion

Other brands

Lip balm

shampoo, conditioner

hair spray

shine drops

antiperspirant spray

toothbrush, toothpaste, floss

tweezers, nail clipper

2 hair bands, 2 barber pins

cotton pads, pantyliners, q-tips

Compeeds, plasters, motion sickness pills, pain killers

hand sanitizer

nail polish remover, pink sparkly nail polish

I don't shave, I get sugared every 6 weeks ;)

Make up is a different list :D

• 1 month later...

I've become a huge convert of makeup forever's aqua creams for eyes. They are a cream eyeshadow that after about 2 minutes are waterproof. I do a quick smokey eye with 2 colors. Add a waterproof eyeliner (They also have a black one that can be used as a gel liner or their aqua liners are nice too) and waterproof mascara. I'm good all day even in the ocean and pool. It looks amazing and it doesn't budge. It's available at sephora just ask for a sample!

I can't live with out:

my noxzema skin cream, Korres yogurt cream, my physcians formula mineral powder, mac black eyeliner pencil, mac eye shadows I have (4 of my favorite colors), Dior show mascara, sephora lip gloss,aveeno lotion. nail file, deordant shampoo, conditioner, aussie 3 minute miracle, color extend hair creme(in between hair coloring) frizz ease, razor, nail clippers ,hair barette, hair rubber band. purell, advil, toothbrush toothpaste, floss picks, mouthwash .

all trial size by the way.Q tips, cotton balls, pond face wipes sunscreen aloe vera gel(I don't want to become a crispy critter)brush, comb, nail polish. this fits in one travel makeup kit that can hang on the door. Its always ready to go.

• 5 weeks later...
Anything I use at home goes with me on ANY trip....everytime!

All make-up, lotions, hair products, electric curlers, tweezers, scissors, pumice, razor, scrubs....of course sunglasses and sunscreen....really, I keep everything I use in a small 3-drawer container, and I just pack it right up and take it with me...no wondering if I've "forgotton" something!

Ditto! I also take a large magnifying hand mirror so I can see what my hair looks like in the back also and not just the front. :)

Everything that I "must have" fits in a travel bag that's approximately 8'' X 8''. It includes travel sizes of shampoo and conditioner, makeup (Bare Minerals powder and blush, eyeliner, mascara and a natural shade of eyeshadow), medication, razor, tweezers, hair bands and bobby pins, contacts and solution and glasses. I also bring one curling iron. I use the ships hair dryer. Other than that, hubby and I use one bag for traveling and my "accessory" bag fits in it. We travel light.

Blondiegal i actually got the organix brand which is 6.99 at cvs and i absolutely love it! It is called moroccan argan oil i believe.

This is the best anti-frizz/smoothing serum I've found to date and it doesn't make my hair stringy or oily, even though I sometimes only wash every third day. I wish the shampoo and conditioner in this line were as good but they weren't moisturizing enough for me so I won't buy those again.

I take a lot of products with me because I like to feel comfortable but one of the items I take on a trip but don't usually use at home is one of those razors with the soap built in around the razor. I know intuition is the one I have but there are other brands available. It makes shaving quicker and easier in the confined space of a cruise ship shower.

Even though I haven't cruised yet, I do travel a ton. So I thought I would just list my typical list for beauty care:

Hair:

1. Shampoo and Conditioner, I have no favs here though I usually stick with Sammy or pantene. Which if for short travel I just pour some of my larger containers into small travel ones saves on getting travel sized everytime.

2. Hair Straightner - I cannot leave home without it, I have a 1/2 inch straightner and a 1 1/2 inch sizing.

3. bobby pins, hair bows, rubber bands clear and hair bands ( I have a slight addition to cute hair accessories :o)

4. Leave in conditioner and hair spray ( bedhead or fat hair being my favs) also pomade cause I get lots of fly aways! >_<

Makeup I have very dry skin that tends to get patchy or flaky with most makeups.:

1. Makeup remover wipes

2. clinque moisture surge intense

3. ole henrikesen truth serum collagen booster

4. skin primer, I very between a couple either revlon or smashbox though I prefer revlon cause it's a tad tinted and seems to cover my pores better

5. BB cream, I use skin 79 prestige, gold and I also have tried missha but will stick with the other two least for now XP.

6. Foundation, sometimes I add it othertimes I just stick with everything else but if I do I normally use either smashbox or covergirl with them being liquid since the powder just adds to my patchy issues.

7. Setting powder

8. Setting spray I love the spray more cause it seems to make my makeup last longer and tends to help with the dry issue and gives me a more dewy healthy look.

9. Mascara I always change this up lol

10. Liquid eyeliner or eyeliner pin

11. lip gloss i love love love buxom

The only other things I add as must haves are:

The new chloe roll on and dnky in golden delicious and a controlled torset. :)

Archived