Whats your must have beauty products???

BlondieGal

Ahh, I LOVE all this make up talk! :))

Violentunderground,

How do you like the moroccan oil? My hair dresser recommends it, I have some cheap argan oil from Sally's but I've been hearing the moroccan oil brand is better.

The brand "Moroccan Oil" has some silicones mixed in with the argan oil. That is why is is "better" - it smooths and is not as oily. I've tried pure argan oil and found it way too oily for me. The Moroccan Oil is just the right mix for my hair. I can go 3 days without washing my hair, sometimes 4 (in the winter). I apply the oil when I wash and that is all I need for those days. Don't get grossed out - it is good for hair to not get washed everyday. It gets the natural oils working for you... Especially good for those of us with curly hair!!

So many options and choices, here are a few: concealer, mascara, a bubble gum pink lipstick, blush, hair moisturizer, fade cream, Victoria's Secret Garden lotions, body powder, small eyeshadow palettes w/ a combo of neutral and bold colors, elf eye primer, false lashes and Mac Fix Plus facial spray.

I'm sure I'll think of another item after I post this. :)

I don't consider sunglasses a beauty item, but a necessity for everyone.

To the poster who stated they were minimalist, I counted 23 items! I suppose 30 isn't all that much. I use a few more hair products, I count in things like my eyelash curler, toothpaste/brush and floss.

My makeup kit is minimal, I cut way back on eye shadow when traveling.

LOL! I bet I am the minimalist of you all....

1. Schick intuition razor

2. Facial wipes

3. Hair goop

I take as little as possible. Everything in a backpack if I can. Clothes included. ;)

Lol...get ready...the list is big!

Hair - Purology shampoo & conditioner, argan oil, Living Proof hair thickener, Elnett hairspray, comb, brush, blowdryer

Body - Venus razor, BBW shower gel and lotion, sunscreen

Face - Boscia cleansing oil, eye cream, day moisturizer, night moisturizer, Ole Henrickson Truth Serum, Neutrogena facial sunscreen, eye makeup remover

Makeup - Urban Decay Primer Potion, Laura Mercier primer, 3 eye shadow pallets, multiple Urban Decay 24/7eye liners, Stila cream eye liner, Makeup Forever HD foundation, cream blush, concealer, microfinish powder, Too Faced bronzer, Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, Benefit eyebrow pencil, They're Real mascara, Tweezerman tweezers, Shu eyelashes curler, makeup brush kit

Nail polish remover pads, base coat, polish, and top coat, fake toenails (in case one falls off)

Believe it or not, it takes me ten minutes to do my makeup.

your list looks eerily similar to mine

Lol...get ready...the list is big!

Hair - Purology shampoo & conditioner, argan oil, Living Proof hair thickener, Elnett hairspray, comb, brush, blowdryer

Body - Venus razor, BBW shower gel and lotion, sunscreen

Face - Boscia cleansing oil, eye cream, day moisturizer, night moisturizer, Ole Henrickson Truth Serum, Neutrogena facial sunscreen, eye makeup remover

Makeup - Urban Decay Primer Potion, Laura Mercier primer, 3 eye shadow pallets, multiple Urban Decay 24/7eye liners, Stila cream eye liner, Makeup Forever HD foundation, cream blush, concealer, microfinish powder, Too Faced bronzer, Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, Benefit eyebrow pencil, They're Real mascara, Tweezerman tweezers, Shu eyelashes curler, makeup brush kit

Nail polish remover pads, base coat, polish, and top coat, fake toenails (in case one falls off)

Believe it or not, it takes me ten minutes to do my makeup.

Fake toenails? I've never heard of them!

Hi....Hi Janine, hope you and Geoff are doing well:)

Minimalist? I bring less than you.

First, my sunglasses are also a necessity as they are prescription so

in order to see distance outside I have to wear them. I live in Florida

so that is hopefully most of the time;)

I bring a small makeup bag and I only wear makeup in the evenings

so a few different eye shadows, a couple of lipsticks, mascara and

blush.

Deodorant, toothpaste, brush, floss, and comb are my true necesseties.

My hair is so short I don't use a brush and don't even own a hair dryer.

Many of the items other folks use are not on my list at home so they

would not go with me on vacation.

Different strokes for different folks.:)

Minimalist?

I bring no makeup-- my husband says I don't need it and his is the only opinion that counts, lol.

As far as toiletries, they have come out with a clinical strength waterproof one that is a must on beach excursions, the intuition razor needs no lubricant, toothpaste, mouthwash, conditioner, sunscreen, and just a comb...

Minimalist?

I bring no makeup-- my husband says I don't need it and his is the only opinion that counts, lol.

As far as toiletries, they have come out with a clinical strength waterproof one that is a must on beach excursions, the intuition razor needs no lubricant, toothpaste, mouthwash, conditioner, sunscreen, and just a comb...

Hi,:) a waterproof what? clinical strength of??? Sunscreen?

As for makeup, I don't have a husband;) and I think my eyes look

nicer with some shadow and mascara on them when I get dressed

up...so I wear them and feel more put together that way:)

Love the ideas. We are leaving in THIRTEEN days (sorry, just too excited not to yell it) for our first cruise in more than 3 years and I am planning on going to Ulta soon to get a few things for packing. I've never used the facial sprays or the oil on my hair though I'm now interested. I have very dry, colored hair that when left to its own devices can get a bit frizzy so I'm really wondering how that oil would work for me. I'd love any advice about it... or anything else. :)

Hi,:) a waterproof what? clinical strength of??? Sunscreen?

As for makeup, I don't have a husband;) and I think my eyes look

nicer with some shadow and mascara on them when I get dressed

up...so I wear them and feel more put together that way:)

I left out the most important word! See what happens when your mind and fingers don't mesh? I meant to say antiperspirant...

I keep a clear bag of toiletries packed for flying. I have fair skin, green eyes and I don't wear tons of make-up. In my bag is: this - http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P291425&categoryId=C17377&shouldPaginate=true Sephora, it has enough eyeshadows, powder blush and a few lipgloss and it's tiny and fits in any small purse.

Clinque Base with suncreen

Neutrogena make-up makeup remover cloths, enough for each day and I can wet them again and use the other side

Clinque waterproof mascara

two eyeliner pencils, one that I can also use on brows

Bonnie Bell gel bronzer which I can mix with face lotion or use as a blush

Neutrogena face lotion with suncreen

Sephora powder/make up. It can be used with a damp sponge or bushed on as a powder make-up.

Along with travel anti-persperant, tooth brush/paste, lotion, individual wrapped Handi-wipes.

Oh yeah, panty liners. If you're wearing the same undies for a ten hour flight or an all day hike, panty liners are a girl's best friend.

LOL, hopefully nobody is wearing makeup because her husband says that she needs it! I think that most of us make that decision on our own.

Amen to that! I started wearing makeup years before I met my husband and unless we are staying in for the day or I'm sick, the makeup is on. Even just to run to the grocery store. It only takes 5-10 minutes for me to look a whole lot more pulled together.

He would be fine with me not wearing any, but it's not his choice. Just like he wears a beard and I gave an opinion regarding him shaving it (years ago) and he stated it is his beard, not mine, he's right. Each person has the right to do what pleases them with their own appearance.

It's always surprising what a bit of makeup does for most women when I see makeovers on TV. It goes both ways, adding or subtracting. Some women can't let go of their harsh dark makeup and hair as they get older, some just don't make any effort at all. I am of the firm belief that everyone, women and men can look a whole lot better if they put in a bit of effort and don't just "get by". A good haircut, attention to eyebrows (both sexes), neat clothing and just looking like you care goes a long way, no matter your age.

Amen to that! I started wearing makeup years before I met my husband and unless we are staying in for the day or I'm sick, the makeup is on. Even just to run to the grocery store. It only takes 5-10 minutes for me to look a whole lot more pulled together.

He would be fine with me not wearing any, but it's not his choice. Just like he wears a beard and I gave an opinion regarding him shaving it (years ago) and he stated it is his beard, not mine, he's right. Each person has the right to do what pleases them with their own appearance.

It's always surprising what a bit of makeup does for most women when I see makeovers on TV. It goes both ways, adding or subtracting. Some women can't let go of their harsh dark makeup and hair as they get older, some just don't make any effort at all. I am of the firm belief that everyone, women and men can look a whole lot better if they put in a bit of effort and don't just "get by". A good haircut, attention to eyebrows (both sexes), neat clothing and just looking like you care goes a long way, no matter your age.

ditto ditto ditto

I have a good haircut--that's why I only need a comb. My eyebrows are perfect, no strays. My clothing is neat and clean. I am severely allergic to most makeup, and I've tried them all. Alot of people are surprised to find I am not wearing any because apparently my skin tone and eyes look like I do.

Saying some people make no effort at all because they wear no makeup has a negative connotation to it. I also don't color my hair. My grandmother was blonde with no grey until the day she died. I will probably be the same...

My big must have is my clarisonic, suncreen, mascara, philosophy lip gloss and tinted moisturizer (because I always seem to sweat off my make up on vaca anyway!)

These days I get technically get away with having nothing but the clarisonic since its made a huge difference in my skin (love love love having make up optional skin!)

I have a good haircut--that's why I only need a comb. My eyebrows are perfect, no strays. My clothing is neat and clean. I am severely allergic to most makeup, and I've tried them all. Alot of people are surprised to find I am not wearing any because apparently my skin tone and eyes look like I do.

Saying some people make no effort at all because they wear no makeup has a negative connotation to it. I also don't color my hair. My grandmother was blonde with no grey until the day she died. I will probably be the same...

You're so lucky to look like you're already wearing makeup. BTW I think you are making an effort, lots of it with a good haircut and nice clothing.

So I think you mistook my post, it was an overall effort, not just no makeup. There are people out there who make no effort at all and simply don't care what they look like. If it was just the makeup issue, I would not have included men in my post. There are many men who just don't make any effort as well, bad haircut or just let it go long and stringy, sloppy ill fitting clothes...that was my thought.

• 2 months later...
1. Sunscreen, 2. after sun gel/moisturizer, 3. lip Balm with sunscreen, 4. tinted moisturizing foundation, 5. a pan or two with multiple colors of eyeshadow, 6. mascara, 7. a bottle of nail polish for touchups, 8. individually wrapped nail polish remover pads, 9. bar of bath soap, 10. facial cleanser, 11. roseaca gel, 12. Abreeva 13. travel size can of hair spray, 14. comb, 15. color safe shampoo, 16. color safe conditioner, 17. anti-frizz serum, 18. travel hair dryer, 19. toothbrush, 20. toothpaste, 21. razor, 22. deodorant, 23. cotton swabs, 24. individually wrapped alcohol pads, 25. fingernail clippers, 26. tweezers, 27. individually wrapped eyeglass cleaning pads.

I'm curious what you use for your roseaca? Mine is terrible and my doctor said there was nothing I could use. But it's a military doctor so I never feel like I'm getting the full scoop.

I'm curious what you use for your roseaca? Mine is terrible and my doctor said there was nothing I could use. But it's a military doctor so I never feel like I'm getting the full scoop.

Try using Metrogel. It's clear and goes on once a day. Doesn't take away much of the reddness, but prevents break out. :)

I have a number of things that I can't really live without. When I go on a vacation I usually take a tinted moisturizer, my shadows, mineral veil, lip gloss and a eye pencil and waterproof mascara.

I don't shampoo my hair at all so just have my conditioner. I also take my ceramic rollers most vacations, i'm hoping I can find some kind of travel set for my cruise later this year.

I have a number of things that I can't really live without. When I go on a vacation I usually take a tinted moisturizer, my shadows, mineral veil, lip gloss and a eye pencil and waterproof mascara.

I don't shampoo my hair at all so just have my conditioner. I also take my ceramic rollers most vacations, i'm hoping I can find some kind of travel set for my cruise later this year.

I too have several items I can't live without in the beauty category...but I do have to ask...how do you NOT shampoo your hair? You must have great hair! My looks like a stringy straw mess after 2 days...:(

I too have several items I can't live without in the beauty category...but I do have to ask...how do you NOT shampoo your hair? You must have great hair! My looks like a stringy straw mess after 2 days...:(

I haven't used shampoo in a couple of years, I just use conditioner. My hair is in great condition. I use something called 'Wen' by Chaz Dean. :D

I have a blush cream 'stick' that is indispenable to me. I always have several on hand as I worry they'll stop making them.

I can use it as blush and lipstick and the color is perfect for my complexion. If I put a bit of color on my face, I'm at least presentable.

I had very serious surgery and my doctors knew I was feeling better the day they came into my room and saw some 'blush' on my lips. :)

I have a blush cream 'stick' that is indispenable to me. I always have several on hand as I worry they'll stop making them.

I can use it as blush and lipstick and the color is perfect for my complexion. If I put a bit of color on my face, I'm at least presentable.

I had very serious surgery and my doctors knew I was feeling better the day they came into my room and saw some 'blush' on my lips. :)

what brand of blush cream stick is it?

Archived