RC Visa Points Companion Fare Question

If I'm not mistaken, companion fare is based on a lesser category cabin, and not on a junior suite.

Here's what it says on RCCL's website, in the section about the RCCL Visa card and what you can get for 30,000 points: [I] [B]Companion fare on a 3 to 4 night cruise (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*[/B][/I]

I believe you can apply your companion's fare toward the junior suite, but the taxes and port charges for him/her will still be due, above and beyond the cruise fare you get for your points....

BTW - There's an asterick at the end of that statement, but for the life of me, I can't find what it refers to.....

Maybe someone who has actually used their points for a companion can give you more accurate information! Good luck!
[IMG]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/images/misc/web_page/Misc/con_bulletgray_ico.gif[/IMG]Companion fare on a 3 to 4 night cruise (minimum available oceanview stateroom).*

It is good for the amount of the minimum available OV, up to a maximum of $500.00. I paid $579 for a center hump balcony, the OV was $489, so it was $489 off the total. In other words, one passenger paid $579 and one paid $90. Later the OV went up to $509 but I had "locked in" at $489 so they wouldn't change it to $500.

[quote name='copnlpn2']
BTW - There's an asterick at the end of that statement, but for the life of me, I can't find what it refers to.....[/quote]

*Excludes Christmas and New Year's sailings and is subject to availability.

(the rest of what you posted was the same as I posted lol)

[quote name='ZoeyVictoria']It is good for the amount of the minimum available OV, up to a maximum of $500.00. I paid $579 for a center hump balcony, the OV was $489, so it was $489 off the total. In other words, one passenger paid $579 and one paid $90. Later the OV went up to $509 but I had "locked in" at $489 so they wouldn't change it to $500.[/quote]

The must have changed the rules. We have had them re-apply the companion fare when the price changes. When they do or did that they also re-price the balcony cabin as well so if that price also changes it may not be beneficial.

Firefly333 - thanks so much for explaining the asterick to me...not sure why I couldn't find what it applied to, and now I know!

I've got 50,000 points thta I'm sitting on and haven't wanted to spend/waste...but someone mentioned the points expire after five years, with the oldest dropping off first. Looks like I better get busy and apply the points to something before I start losing them!!!

[quote name='copnlpn2']Firefly333 - thanks so much for explaining the asterick to me...not sure why I couldn't find what it applied to, and now I know!

I've got 50,000 points thta I'm sitting on and haven't wanted to spend/waste...but someone mentioned the points expire after five years, with the oldest dropping off first. Looks like I better get busy and apply the points to something before I start losing them!!![/quote]

thats why I used a bunch of mine up on Oasis.. but I had left over OBC, which they did give me in cash. sweet, though I didnt get as good of a trade as this looks like on companion fare.

I was worried about the 5 years too, though it turned out I wasnt close.

the * thing is only one line so it is easy to miss seeing.

Archived