How many times around the larger ships = 1 mile?

Pop-I

If you believe that the sky bar deck is 120 meters long then to walk around it 14 times would be roughly a mile.

I can see this is a good choice for early to mid morning exercise but when the lounges are in heavy use, the bar area gets busy, and/or the sun gets too strong for comfort, then the U shaped walking area on 5 deck is the better choice. Not only is it under-used but as such you can maintain your own pace. I imagine that that area is about 8 lengths for a mile.

Happy cruising!

I walked this on rainy day,,,not as scenic,,or dedicated to runners per se,,,so often people,,actually got in the way,,,on a ship,,can you imagine??haha you can cut thru and walk to other side of ship rather than turning around and going back same way....but I much preferred Deck 9...Have fun,,,,PS..can use work out room machines as last resort..with all the exercise I only managed to gain 2 lbs in 10 days,,yikes!!:eek:

Jen,

The area on 9 deck is a loop and it crosses the ship at one end near the doors to the spa and at the other end near the seating areas for the Sky Bar.

Happy cruising!

Negotiating the Sky Bar environs can be somewhat hazardous. The more so as the sun goes over the yardarm and less athletic fellow cruisers are exercising their right arms. The temptation to join them can be difficult to resist.

On the Odyssey, the brochure said deck 9 was for joggers. Ha! It is a loop, but with the deck chairs out and the slow walkers and other traffic, it was next to impossible to jog.

I discovered deck 5, which is not a loop, but which had plenty of space and was empty early in the morning when I jogged. I'm booked on the Quest for May 2012, and expect to jog on deck 5.

but which had plenty of space and was empty early in the morning when I jogged. I'm booked on the Quest for May 2012, and expect to jog on deck 5.

Please remember that people are below you on deck four, so hope it is not too early for your jog, otherwise you may disturb people sleeping.

Archived