cruisin' col

Cruisin'Col

I have cruised several times before & have two planned, but will be planning another in a month or so. We want to go to the Southern Caribbean. I particularly want to see Antigua. St. Lucia looks pretty too, but I am really not sure of the best places to go there. Curacao looks pretty, but I couldn't find a cruise that goes to the three above places. Could I get some opinions of the best islands in the Southern Caribbean? I'd also like the reasoning as to why they would be the best, if possible. I have been to St. Johns & St. Maartin, so those wouldn't be my choice but know they are on a lot of itineraries, so realize I might need to go there again. We are water people and love snorkeling, etc. I am interested in Royal Caribbean, but am a VIP on Carnival, so know I won't get the kudos with RC.

St. Lucia is a very interesting island. We took an all day tour to the Pitons and back. Stopped at a banana plantation, had a authentic island lunch, snorkled at the Pitons, shopped for local crafts, etc. However, the roads are very winding and you go up and down hills. If you get car sick, forget it. Also, I loved the beaches on Barbados at the Hilton where we got a day pass.

Best is subjective. It all depends on what you like to do. What one person finds fabuous another may not enjoy.

We also love the Southern Carribbean.

St. Lucia has the pitons & lots of natural beauty.

St. Kitts has the fort & the place where the Atlantic & Carribbean meet.

Aruba has phenomenal beaches.

Bonaire has great scuba.

Antigua has 365 beaches.

What is it that you want to do?

St. Lucia is beautiful. We love Dominca and Grenada because they are more unspoiled with a lot of natural beauty and active things to do. We've been to Antigua once and did a very nice tour that did snorkeling, visited a couple of small islets, etc.

Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are more desert-type islands; we enjoy walking around the towns there, especially Curacao and going to the beach or snorkeling.

Archived