What are some must-try drinks on board?

Sonicked

Most of these drinks sound so sweet as to throw an average person into diabetic shock.

For me, I'll take a plain ole' scotch, or a British style ale, anytime.

Michael

I love sitting in the British pub on the Promenade, drinking a hard cider! :)

If you are an adult, you should pretty much know what you like & don't like as far as alcohol.

The drinks on the ship are the same drinks you can get anywhere. They just give them different names.

Drink what you always drink and you will be safe.

As far as those specialty drinks go, they are basically loaded with sugar & calories so don't over do it.

You will turn into a diabetic before you get drunk....

Thanks for once again sharing your amazingly astute insight and great advice.

I've since seen Lemon Drops on a few menus here in the past year or so, but if it's not on the menu and I ask for one, I get either a blank look, or some weird concoction that does not even resemble a Lemon Drop! Or a Limoncello, which I like, but it's not a Lemon Drop!

Oh, and in case it's not obvious, my answer is Lemon Drop ;) I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and hate both pineapple AND banana, so most of the very colourful drinks don't appeal to me, but the Lemon Drop was perfect.

We can't buy that liquor in Ontario - only Manitoba. Where are you from ? my son and his friend drank a bottle of it straight - don't think he'll go near it again !

I'm in Toronto. Do you mean the Limoncello? I think you can get in any liquor store here, and it's often on the menu at Italian restaurants and most bars. But I can't imagine having more than one - I'm not sure I could survive a whole bottle! :p

Lemon Drops are very simple to make - just vodka, sugar (or simple syrup) and fresh lemon juice. But for some reason on the few times I've tried to make them at home, they never taste as good as the ones I had on the Navigator of the Seas!

I've since seen Lemon Drops on a few menus here in the past year or so, but if it's not on the menu and I ask for one, I get either a blank look, or some weird concoction that does not even resemble a Lemon Drop! Or a Limoncello, which I like, but it's not a Lemon Drop!

Oh, and in case it's not obvious, my answer is Lemon Drop ;) I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and hate both pineapple AND banana, so most of the very colourful drinks don't appeal to me, but the Lemon Drop was perfect.

We can't buy that liquor in Ontario - only Manitoba. Where are you from ? my son and his friend drank a bottle of it straight - don't think he'll go near it again !

Lemon Drops are very simple to make - just vodka, sugar (or simple syrup) and fresh lemon juice. But for some reason on the few times I've tried to make them at home, they never taste as good as the ones I had on the Navigator of the Seas!

Try it with citrus vodka instead of plain vodka. How is it served on the ship? As a shooter or just served up in a cocktail glass?

Archived