What are some must-try drinks on board?

Sonicked

I go blank, too, when asked what I want to drink.......in a restaurant I wind up with a Kir

Royale, simply because my brain is like a deer in the headlights and that's all I can come up with. I'm now armed with Mango Tango and BBC......thank you very much!

If you are an adult, you should pretty much know what you like & don't like as far as alcohol.

The drinks on the ship are the same drinks you can get anywhere. They just give them different names.

Drink what you always drink and you will be safe.

As far as those specialty drinks go, they are basically loaded with sugar & calories so don't over do it.

You will turn into a diabetic before you get drunk....

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice, I guess. However, this thread was designed so i could get an idea of some new things to try. If i wanted to sit on board, drinking nothing but Pinot Gris and vodka limes all week, I wouldn't have bothered starting a thread.

It's fun to go to a cocktail or martini seminar onboard, sample what the bartender makes, pick a new favorite, and then order those the rest of the cruise. I'm one of those who goes blank when asked 'what'll you have' so I need to plan my scripted order ahead of time LOL. The drink seminars/demos are really a blast because after a few samples you are best friends with the folks around you. On my last cruise I learned about a Key Lime Pie martini, and YUM loved it, ordered it everyday after that, and bought the ingredients when I got home. :)

It's fun to go to a cocktail or martini seminar onboard, sample what the bartender makes, pick a new favorite, and then order those the rest of the cruise. I'm one of those who goes blank when asked 'what'll you have' so I need to plan my scripted order ahead of time LOL. The drink seminars/demos are really a blast because after a few samples you are best friends with the folks around you. On my last cruise I learned about a Key Lime Pie martini, and YUM loved it, ordered it everyday after that, and bought the ingredients when I got home. :)

oh! That sounds interesting.. what's in the key lime martini?

oh! That sounds interesting.. what's in the key lime martini?

Vanilla vodka, key lime liquer, and something else I can't remember, which was why mine at home never quite tasted as good as the ones onboard!! HINT: if you go to a drink demo, bring a cheat sheet to write down the ingredients of your favs and DO NOT trust your memory. After sampling 5-6 different drinks, it all kinds blurs LOL

Vanilla vodka, key lime liquer, and something else I can't remember, which was why mine at home never quite tasted as good as the ones onboard!! HINT: if you go to a drink demo, bring a cheat sheet to write down the ingredients of your favs and DO NOT trust your memory. After sampling 5-6 different drinks, it all kinds blurs LOL

Could that be a Key Lime Martini:

2 oz

Stoli® Vanil vodka

1 oz Rose's® lime juice or fresh lime juice

1 oz half-and-half

and...skip dessert and keep these coming...run the rim with a mix of lime juice and honey and dip it in finely crushed graham crackers then pour it in...soooooo good!

Yes, I know... one time, we weren't even sure what deck we were on. ;)

The last cruise, they had the 'brand consultant' on board and he did a few mix classes and made up a few things, and it was the best one I have ever been too! He also passed out his e-mail to get recipes for the drinks we had.

2 oz

Stoli® Vanil vodka

1 oz half-and-half

and...skip dessert and keep these coming...run the rim with a mix of lime juice and honey and dip it in finely crushed graham crackers then pour it in...soooooo good!

Oh wow! Yum-O!!!! :D

If you are an adult, you should pretty much know what you like & don't like as far as alcohol.

The drinks on the ship are the same drinks you can get anywhere. They just give them different names.

Drink what you always drink and you will be safe.

As far as those specialty drinks go, they are basically loaded with sugar & calories so don't over do it.

You will turn into a diabetic before you get drunk....

I'll be 42 on my cruise and I still would like to know more about the drinks. I am not a regular drinker, I don't go to bars or clubs, so I do not know much about fancy mixed drinks. I only drink when on vacations and only discovered all of those fancy flavored martinis just in August at the last convention I went to. Now my curiosity is really peaked as to what else there is to try and if a bartender would know what it was or how to make it if asked. Occasionally I'll have a drink with dinner on a special occasion but that is almost always wine and not something I'd be getting on a cruise ship to have fun with.

What's in a Bushwacker? I always ask the bartender to give me something that's gonna get me drunk fast, but tastes sweet and looks like a milkshake. On the rare occassions we go out to a bar to hear a band, the bartenders are to lazy to make a good drink! One of the bars, they didn't even know what a Mudslide was!

What's in a Bushwacker? I always ask the bartender to give me something that's gonna get me drunk fast, but tastes sweet and looks like a milkshake. On the rare occassions we go out to a bar to hear a band, the bartenders are to lazy to make a good drink! One of the bars, they didn't even know what a Mudslide was!

Bailey's Bushwacker, I first has one in Bahamas... at paradise point.

It's 5 different liquors (Bailey's, amaretto, rum, vodka, and one more I can never remember) with coconut cream, blended with ice, and has a little cinnamon and a cherry on top (sometimes) yum, yum!

2 oz

Stoli® Vanil vodka

1 oz half-and-half

aaaaahhhhh......YES! THIS!

I'm an adult and I drink a lot and I am always looking for and finding something new. I didn't discover Aperol until earlier this year. I don't normally drink fruity tropical drinks or blended drinks, but I am sure I will be knocking back a few while chilling out by the pool on the ship. I need to try some of those. I DO like Tiki drinks, but like I said, I don't drink them often, largely because I really don't want to stock all the stuff needed to make 'em.

Bailey's Bushwacker, I first has one in Bahamas... at paradise point.

It's 5 different liquors (Bailey's, amaretto, rum, vodka, and one more I can never remember) with coconut cream, blended with ice, and has a little cinnamon and a cherry on top (sometimes) yum, yum!

yummm..this is the 1st drink I'm ordering onboard! It sounds like my cup of "tea"!

yummm..this is the 1st drink I'm ordering onboard! It sounds like my cup of "tea"!

Oooh - speaking of "tea".....

How about a Long Beach Tea? Yummy! It's just like a Long Island, but use cranberry instead of coke. :)

Hi all!

I've heard loads about the Miami Vices, but I'd love to hear some other suggestions as to what I should try on board. I'm open to try anything, and do have a fondness for wine, so any wine-list suggestions you have, i'd love to hear :)

Try the Elderflower lemonade and the Long Island Iced tea - both superb!! :D

Archived