What are some must-try drinks on board?

Sonicked

Hi all!

I've heard loads about the Miami Vices, but I'd love to hear some other suggestions as to what I should try on board. I'm open to try anything, and do have a fondness for wine, so any wine-list suggestions you have, i'd love to hear :)

Hi all!

I've heard loads about the Miami Vices, but I'd love to hear some other suggestions as to what I should try on board. I'm open to try anything, and do have a fondness for wine, so any wine-list suggestions you have, i'd love to hear :)

What is in the Miami Vice?

Hi all!

I am a DOD kinda girl.....here's a list from a 7 day cruise.

Particularly the Bahama Mamas!

Miami Vice is one of my faves but Bahama Mama works too :D Here is the "recipe" for Bahama Mama:

1. Combine regular rum, rum with coconut flavoring, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice and crushed ice in an electric blender. Blend until the drink's consistency is slushy.

Yummy!

BBC's!!! (Bailey's Banana Colada)

Pina Colada mix

Bailey's

Banana Liquor

Fresh banana, if they have them at the bar

Blended all together! Really rummy!! And, if you like it a little stronger, you can ask for a topper of 151! :D

If you are an adult, you should pretty much know what you like & don't like as far as alcohol.

The drinks on the ship are the same drinks you can get anywhere. They just give them different names.

Drink what you always drink and you will be safe.

As far as those specialty drinks go, they are basically loaded with sugar & calories so don't over do it.

You will turn into a diabetic before you get drunk....

Well, I've been in a lot of bars and lounges in my city, and I had never heard of, or seen a Lemon Drop listed until we did our first cruise two years ago. It was the first drink I tried on board, and I LOVED it (and had many more :)) So there are geographic variations in drink availability and popularity. There may very well be drinks on board a cruise ship that passengers have not heard of or tried before. And there may be drinks popular where you are from that are not commonly found on cruise ships. For example, can you get a Caesar on board (because we Canadians like them a lot)?

I've since seen Lemon Drops on a few menus here in the past year or so, but if it's not on the menu and I ask for one, I get either a blank look, or some weird concoction that does not even resemble a Lemon Drop! Or a Limoncello, which I like, but it's not a Lemon Drop!

Oh, and in case it's not obvious, my answer is Lemon Drop ;) I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and hate both pineapple AND banana, so most of the very colourful drinks don't appeal to me, but the Lemon Drop was perfect.

If you are an adult, you should pretty much know what you like & don't like as far as alcohol.

The drinks on the ship are the same drinks you can get anywhere. They just give them different names.

Drink what you always drink and you will be safe.

As far as those specialty drinks go, they are basically loaded with sugar & calories so don't over do it.

You will turn into a diabetic before you get drunk....

Well, I've been in a lot of bars and lounges in my city, and I had never heard of, or seen a Lemon Drop listed until we did our first cruise two years ago. It was the first drink I tried on board, and I LOVED it (and had many more :)) So there are geographic variations in drink availability and popularity. There may very well be drinks on board a cruise ship that passengers have not heard of or tried before. And there may be drinks popular where you are from that are not commonly found on cruise ships. For example, can you get a Caesar on board (because we Canadians like them a lot)?

I've since seen Lemon Drops on a few menus here in the past year or so, but if it's not on the menu and I ask for one, I get either a blank look, or some weird concoction that does not even resemble a Lemon Drop! Or a Limoncello, which I like, but it's not a Lemon Drop!

Oh, and in case it's not obvious, my answer is Lemon Drop ;) I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and hate both pineapple AND banana, so most of the very colourful drinks don't appeal to me, but the Lemon Drop was perfect.

Yes, and some of aren't "drinkers" on land, and don't know of some of those great drinks that RCC might give a special twist to it. I'm one of them. I don't go out alot at home. When I'm asked, on the ship, what I'd like to drink, I go blank. It's good to have an idea of what to say. I prefer a sweet milk shake drink with a little kick. When we used to got to the Sandals Resorts, I used to always get a Dirty Banana. I think it had rum, banana liq., kahula', cream, banana, and it was great topped off with a shot of rum, that they put down the straw. It was also put in the blender with ice.

Archived