No Kids in CL but Adults at DreamWorks Breakfast & Getting Face-Painting??

I know I,m in the minority, but I wish there weren't any characters on the ships at all..:eek: Just saying...

I'm with you. Ships with the character thing are not what we look for in cruising. We are also not looking for Broadway-type shows, or a big outdoor screen, but hey, to each his own. The fact that the cruising experience offers so many options is what makes it great.

To the Birthday Girl: your idea of fun may vary from that of some other adults. That's OK, of course; but please, your point has been made.

Teddie

Edited by teddie

I'm sorry to hear that. When the kid in someone dies I always feel a little sad for them. The kid in me will never die. Losing that has nothing to do with growing up; I have a great career, house, income, husband and kids and am one of the most responsible people that you'll ever meet. But I still love Dreamworks and it's characters and having fun. I just know their place and time in my life and have lots of fun when I'm not having to work and be 100% serious.

To quote Peter Pan, "Once you grow up, you can never go back."

;)

It seems really odd to assume that an adult who isn't into cartoon characters, doesn't know how to have fun. Whatever floats your boat ya know! :)

At 48 I enjoy the cartoons and kid shows of my day . Occasionally enjoy them on You Tube. (more of a nostalgia thing)

From raiseing 4 kids I can tell ya todays kids shows don't hold acandle to the oldies.

There are a lot of people who can attest to the fact I am the worlds oldest kid and love to have fun. But I don't need to dance and have my picture taken with Shrek to prove it *LOL*

Count me in as one who could do without the characters on the ships. If I were to go with my toddler son, then I would seek them out because he would enjoy them and making him happy would be worth it to me. But if my hubby and I ever decide to take an adult-only trip, I would avoid them like the plague. ;) I spend enough of my time around Elmo, Thomas, and other preschool characters already.

I'm sorry to hear that. When the kid in someone dies I always feel a little sad for them. The kid in me will never die. Losing that has nothing to do with growing up; I have a great career, house, income, husband and kids and am one of the most responsible people that you'll ever meet. But I still love Dreamworks and it's characters and having fun. I just know their place and time in my life and have lots of fun when I'm not having to work and be 100% serious.

No need to feel sad for us...we are doing just fine without character encounters or face painting, Tyvm.

As far as giving me your non-requested CV, that don't impress me much. Most people here are blessed with the great careers, house, income, etc that allows us the opportunity of great vacations that a lot of others would only dream of. Take it down a couple notches.

No need to feel sad for us...we are doing just fine without character encounters or face painting, Tyvm.

As far as giving me your non-requested CV, that don't impress me much. Most people here are blessed with the great careers, house, income, etc that allows us the opportunity of great vacations that a lot of others would only dream of. Take it down a couple notches.

Well you were the one that threw the jab about being grown up because you didn't like silly things. So I believe you are the one that needs to take that down a couple of notches. You seem to think that just because I light up and get happy at the idea of King Julien this some how does make me a responsible grown up or less mature than you... when you were the one making childish insults.

It seems really odd to assume that an adult who isn't into cartoon characters, doesn't know how to have fun. Whatever floats your boat ya know! :)

No, that is not the assumption at all. I feel sad for those that have lost that specific type of joy or think they had to give it up in order to be an "grown up". We all have other types of things we like to do for fun and not everyone enjoys them all. Many people enjoy hunting, drinking, nascar, football, etc... those are all things I could easily live without. I instead enjoy computers, gaming, reading, art, the zoo, etc.

Dreamworks characters weren't around when I was a kid. Neither were the Pixar ones. But if Peter Griffin was on board? I would toally push Meg overboard to have breakfast with him.

Now a Family Guy cruise would be fun !!!!!!!!!!!!! *LOL*

Imagine hanging out in a bar with Quagmire ? Giggidy, Giggidy, Giggidy!!!!! *LOL*

Well you were the one that threw the jab about being grown up because you didn't like silly things. So I believe you are the one that needs to take that down a couple of notches. You seem to think that just because I light up and get happy at the idea of King Julien this some how does make me a responsible grown up or less mature than you... when you were the one making childish insults.

Let the record show you were the one to call this stuff silly things.

While asking the hubby if he wanted to go see Puss in Boots for a character breakfast he suggested we do some Puss in Boots of our own that morning and let the kiddies have their fun ;)

And you "light up"? Well i guess you'd have to in order to sit through one of those things...LOL!!!!....but hey...to each their own.

While asking the hubby if he wanted to go see Puss in Boots for a character breakfast he suggested we do some Puss in Boots of our own that morning and let the kiddies have their fun ;)

And you "light up"? Well i guess you'd have to in order to sit through one of those things...LOL!!!!....but hey...to each their own.

My hubby would be thinking the same thing as yours. I wouldn't be able to get him to go but I totally support other adults who did want to.

Well of course it's silly stuff. What else would one call it? Just like anything of this nature, fun stuff often is silly. We tell silly stories, silly jokes, sing silly songs... just look at Weird Al's stuff it's pretty silly at times isn't it? Silly is not bad. It just isn't your cup of tea apparently.

Some others have talked about more adult characters they'd love to see. Honestly I found some of those to be too vulgar for my personal taste. Peter Griffin while is sometimes amusing is often offensive and not something I would watch to get into good mood. I won't even touch SouthPark, potty humor is just disgusting. But most of my friends love those shows and I respect that every bit as much as they respect me wanting to go see things like Puss N Boots this weekend (without the kids).

*LOL* I love this post , and I like the way your husband thinks.

My kids are 26,22.19,and 18 so my hitch is over with the character breakfasts and the Barney on Ice etc.etc.etc. routine . I did it for my kids and loved seeing their smiles , but thats over.

• 2 years later...
There are 3 Character breakfasts on Allure :D I know because I am booked for all 3 and no I do not have children with me on this sailing.

Places were offered so I booked them. :D

I am a face painter and when I have a line up of children I do not paint adults. That said, I do love to paint adults, because they really do love it, but it's for the children first and foremost. I have a clause written in my contracts that, unless it is an event specifically for adults, I paint children first and adults last if there is time. Personally, I think adults who try to take a spot for face painting that should have gone to a child are rude and poorly mannered.