Birthday Celebration Ideas

siouxrose

My good friend will be celebrating the big 5-0 on SD I January 6th. We will be a group of 14 and we want to surprise our friend with some kind of outing on one of the islands. Does anyone have any suggestions for either St. John, or St. Martin? We were thinking that lunch on Caneel Bay might be nice. Has anyone been? Is is possible to use the beach?

Any ideas for St. Martin? It doesn't have to be lunch. Are there any great excursions?

Thanks!!

My good friend will be celebrating the big 5-0 on SD I January 6th. We will be a group of 14 and we want to surprise our friend with some kind of outing on one of the islands. Does anyone have any suggestions for either St. John, or St. Martin? We were thinking that lunch on Caneel Bay might be nice. Has anyone been? Is is possible to use the beach?

Any ideas for St. Martin? It doesn't have to be lunch. Are there any great excursions?

Thanks!!

The Sunset Bar at Maho Bay is a hoot. Right at the end of the Princess Juliana Airport runway. Good food and drink right on the beach and go play with 747s. Google "St. Maarten Landings" and see.:eek::D

The Sunset Bar at Maho Bay is a hoot. Right at the end of the Princess Juliana Airport runway. Good food and drink right on the beach and go play with 747s. Google "St. Maarten Landings" and see.:eek::D

Wow!!:eek: We will definitely check it out. You sure can't get that close to a 747 anywhere in the US of A! Thanks, Jim!

We go to Caneel Bay every visit to St. John. They have a wonderful open air brunch. The tables are right at the beach area but under a roof with fans. The views are beautiful and food is fantastic. They start serving at 1100 and will let you use their beach. We have and have seen other SeaDreamers on their beach in the past. Maho Beach on St. Maarten is fun too. However it it much more informal, sometimes hard to find seating. If you go, bring some beach towels. The planes are fun to see, but don't be like some of those 'crazy' peeps and stand at the fence right behind the engine thrust. The fence signs are right "DANGER!" :eek: Take it from some retired airline peeps....US! Have a blast, SD is the BEST! :p

Charter a snorkle boat or something similar. They can typically provide lunch and drinks.

We also love the Fishpot restaurant in Grand Case. You pick your lobster from a big tank and they put it on the floor while they fish out others and soon you have lobsters crawling everywhere - tasty! Good drinks too. And they have the good sense when you say iced tea to bring a Long Island iced tea :D

Thanks for all the great suggestions everyone! I think we'll lunch at Caneel Bay and also check out the "jet show" on St. Martin. My DH and I may sneak off to Fish Pot on our own, the views looks ah-may-zing!

Boat charter sounds interesting too. We rented a speed boat on St. Barts once at it was a blast.

Archived