Motion Eaze

deena26

I know this topic has been beaten to death, this is my last chance at self reassurance (haha) has anyone tried this motion sickness 'remedy' and had good results? Got my bonine, and ginger, and threw some of this in as well. Anyone swear by it?? I guess if it was that good everyone would be talking about it..

My wife swears by Bonine. She has had some serious bouts with seasickness and Bonine always works great for her. Even in the 20 foot seas going out of San Francisco..... And it's a drug that she can take when she starts to feel the seasickness coming on. She doesn't take it as a precaution, just when needed.

I know this thread was about the other stuff, but just wanted you to get another testimonial for Bonine.

Bob

Bonine... the morning I step on the ship and the 1st night...possibly the second.. also Ginger pills in the AM\ if the seas are rough. With me its usually a combination of nerves, rich food, and the first day of rocking that can set me off. By the end of the 2nd day, I'm fine.

cheapest insurance policy out there to ensure a good cruise!!

For our two cruises, I've used a product put out by Boiron Laboratories. It's 'natural' in it's approach. Called Cocculus Indicus or Cocculine. Works VERY well. Small pellets that you let dissolve under your tongue. First cruise, I didn't take it til I was feeling woozy, took a couple of doses to feel the effects. Our second cruise, I started taking it the day before and had no problems at all. Even ran out a few days before the cruises end, and had no problems.

This product is available at our local grocery store - not sure where you can get it in your area - health food store possibly? Price is VERY reasonable as well...with no negative side effects.

Hope this helps you.

Is it suggested for children? Bonine I believe is not for children, although my DD is over 80lbs so not sure if she can take it. Does anybody know? Dramamine makes her drowsy, I would hate for her to be drowsy on vacation.

Is it suggested for children? Bonine I believe is not for children, although my DD is over 80lbs so not sure if she can take it. Does anybody know? Dramamine makes her drowsy, I would hate for her to be drowsy on vacation.

There is a childrens version I believe...my suggestion would be to do some comparisions of products, see how the childrens product differs...it could be a matter of dosing, and it is possible that at 80lbs, she may be on the 'take two childrens'..which would be the equivalent of an adult dose.

http://www.bonine.com/products/bonine-for-kids

Sometimes I think its the adults that have more of an issue than the kids.....

Archived