Kon-Tiki Party Boat

rharvey999

• 2 months later...

I have noticed that it is recommended to bring cash along with you on the excursion for drinks, etc.

Does anyone know if the US dollar is accepted or do we need to exchange our currency?

Thanks!

I have noticed that it is recommended to bring cash along with you on the excursion for drinks, etc.

Does anyone know if the US dollar is accepted or do we need to exchange our currency?

Thanks!

St. Thomas is a United States possession. They only accept US $.

Fantastic! This is our first time going to St. Maarten/Martin and St. Thomas and I keep flipping around which island (part of) belongs to which country.

Thank you so much!

St Martin is French. St Maarten is Dutch. St Thomas is a US territory. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How much actual beach time?

It seems like we stayed at least 2 hours. We ate at the island food stand, had a couple of beers while standing in the water, & laid in the shade. It was nice.:D My wife had a hot dog on the Kon Toki & said that was good, too.

:mad: I just called about the Kon Tiki. We will be on the Ruby Princess and in St Thomas on February 21st. Unfortunately, the tour wont be back in time for the ship's departure! So it is a "no can do" for us! Sounded like fun!

I just booked the Kon Tiki the other day! We were "done" with booking any more excursions on this trip (three already), but I read so many great reviews.... I snuck it in!:p Something tells me it's going to be the best excursion we have planned. :D

You certainly should not be disappointed. Hint...brush up on the names and music of traditional island music. I was able to win a koozie from the Kon Tiki folks.

Honeymoon beach is lovely as well. Wish we could stay longer but had to start dancing on the boat.

Enjoy.

I did this excursion back in 1996 as a 19 year old college freshman! My sorority sisters and I stumbled off the boat back on to the ship!

Fast forward to May 2012...I'm cruising again with a sorority sister (only one this time as opposed to 20). We decided to do Kon Tiki again. It was fun. And rum punch was included. It was not nearly the party atmosphere is once was. It was a little too family for me. A good time; a good deal, but not what I was looking for.

I agree that the "party boats" are not the same as they once were. There is probably a reason for that I bet. I know my bride wishes she could do one over. We were in Cozumel 10 years ago to get her engagement ring. We rushed downtown, found one and had it sized for her before we went on the Fiesta Party Boat excursion. The boat ride was, er, um...happy. Probably much too happy. Now she is wishing we had gone downtown for the ring after the excursion rather than before it. To this day I believe she would have had to wear a sling to help hold up the ring she could have gotten. ;)

Has anyone done this excursion lately? We're looking at it for our upcoming cruise.

What days in March are you sailing?

We will be sailing March 2-10 and partaking in the Kon Tiki excursion and I would be happy to report back as soon as we get home!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What days in March are you sailing?

We will be sailing March 2-10 and partaking in the Kon Tiki excursion and I would be happy to report back as soon as we get home!

So how was it??? We are taking it in just a couple of weeks!

So how was it??? We are taking it in just a couple of weeks!

Unless things have changed my best advice is to make sure you are familiar with older Island music. They have a contest where folk can "Name That Tune" for some little prizes. I still keep drinks in my Kon Tiki koozie.