What gift can I bring?

NorbertsNiece

Take some decent tea, you will need it for yourself anyway.

Lol. That's not a half bad idea..... could do the cabin up like a London tea room for the room crawl..... serve shortbread biscuits..... !! :D

Anyone know where I can get a Union flag for sailaway....we have already forewarned the web cam people of the pink boa brigade being on the helipad.... thought I could wave a flag.....

Lol. That's not a half bad idea..... could do the cabin up like a London tea room for the room crawl..... serve shortbread biscuits..... !! :D

Anyone know where I can get a Union flag for sailaway....we have already forewarned the web cam people of the pink boa brigade being on the helipad.... thought I could wave a flag.....

Shame- I have a drawer full of flags from P&O's sailaways....:p

We get Union Jack items from the internet for a last Night of the Proms we sing down on the harbour- we've bow ties, head scarves etc- and some pretty long, stole-like ones.

If you're serving tea, take some Yorkshire tea bags....and don't forget the Walker's Crisps in many different flavours!:cool:

Plus Border biscuits- ginger and chocolate (for sea sickness???)

Jo.

Shame- I have a drawer full of flags from P&O's sailaways....:p

We get Union Jack items from the internet for a last Night of the Proms we sing down on the harbour- we've bow ties, head scarves etc- and some pretty long, stole-like ones.

If you're serving tea, take some Yorkshire tea bags....and don't forget the Walker's Crisps in many different flavours!:cool:

Plus Border biscuits- ginger and chocolate (for sea sickness???)

Jo.

Mnomnmomnmomnmomnmm

So..... get bunting; get a flag; buy Yorkshire Tea Bags, shortbread biscuits.... need something for Wales.... laver (sp?) bread?..... Ireland?

Speaking of good tea--the very best gifts I ever got from the UK were when my sister was living in Luechars and she used to ship me tea from a local shop there every month or so. I've never had any tea before that or since that was as good.

You wouldn't think so but contemporary British handicrafts (ceramics, art glass) have a different esthetc than ours here in the US (more geometric, less flowing) A small handblown vase makes a nice gift, and screams

"I'm British", which is what you're looking for... Besides, it's nice for your

money to wind up in the pockets of local craftspeople rather than the

billionaire owners of Harrods...:)

You wouldn't think so but contemporary British handicrafts (ceramics, art glass) have a different esthetc than ours here in the US (more geometric, less flowing) A small handblown vase makes a nice gift, and screams

"I'm British", which is what you're looking for... Besides, it's nice for your

money to wind up in the pockets of local craftspeople rather than the

billionaire owners of Harrods...:)

One of the reasons I suggested Burnt Sugar if someone wants to buy candy is that this is a Husband and Wife business started in their own kitchen - I think. They're now located in Oxford or nearby.

Considering that I presume you have weight and space limitations, I'd take Water Colours of local scenes. You can't get anything that saves space as much as that.

That's a lovely idea.... living as I do in London. I will be going on a shopping trip to town in a couple of weeks in a neighbourhood that sells touristy things.

My daughter is currently in Sliema. Her boyfriend lives there. :)

I've just been round a local gift shop looking for my US Border Collie friend, and I've ended up buying lots of coasters and place mats....I'm going to send them out individually to collie friends in the States instead of Christmas cards.....They worked out at under £1 a time, and won't be throw in the re-cycling afterwards.....perhaps you could take some with local views? Might be heavy, but pack well-

Jo.

I've just been round a local gift shop looking for my US Border Collie friend, and I've ended up buying lots of coasters and place mats....I'm going to send them out individually to collie friends in the States instead of Christmas cards.....They worked out at under £1 a time, and won't be throw in the re-cycling afterwards.....perhaps you could take some with local views? Might be heavy, but pack well-

Jo.

I live in a London suburb and don't get into town much but in a matter of days I will be heading to Covent Garden so will see what weird and wonderful London items I can find!

• 2 weeks later...

We have a similar problem. We will be staying with our U.S friends at the end of our cruise, so need to take something that we can keep in our case for about three weeks! I thought of taking something like a really nice piece of English pottery, such as Royal Worcester or Ainsley (obviously not too big or heavy).

We want to give them something that is British, that they can't get there, and that they'd appreciate. Anyone have any other ideas?

Archived