First Time Cruising

Conway733

Just printed out our luggage tags. They seem...flimsy. :rolleyes: Can I get them laminated or something? Also, I know Carnival allows small coolers 12X12X12, I believe. That seems really small...where do I find a cooler that small? Are they very stringent regarding the size as long as it is not a huge tailgating cooler?

They are very stringent on cooler sizes if you carry it on. Lazy people thought it was ok to bring a big cooler, loaded down with drinks, the x ray machine cannot scan thru a regular cooler, so they had to be hand searched.. so Carnival made very tight requirements for drinks and coolers.

You can bring a larger collasible cooler .. but you do know you get ice daily..

I always feel like people on Carnival act like its a camping trip.

Conway - I fold my luggage tags then use clear packing tape to cover them on both sides and punch a hole in each side and use zip tie to attach them to the luggage. Works great!! I also use zip ties to 'lock' my luggage.

Many stores (Target, etc.) have small soft sided coolers that fold flat. Your room steward will keep it filled with ice twice a day if you ask.

Enjoy your cruise.

Yep, nice wide box tape on each side "laminates" it perfectly. I have used more tape to tape the ends together to make a loop and I have stapled too. Both worked fine

We found a backpack ice chest from Max Cold. It works great. It has a very thick liner so it does not leak. The Steward will fill every day with ice if you ask him the first time you see him. We love it because we can take it with us off ship if we are going on excursions for cold drinks while we're away. It holds aver a 12 pack. We just replenish each day with the drinks we carried on.

It also works great as a carry on for an airplane :)

Okay, thank you everyone! Lord knows we have plenty of packing tape because we recently moved! I wasn't thinking about a collapsable cooler, so thanks for that. :) Basically, we need to carry our 12 pack of soda in a suitcase or something, then ask the room steward to give us ice.

One more question, does Carnival have a place to do laundry on the ships? We are sailing on the Pride.

Okay, thank you everyone! Lord knows we have plenty of packing tape because we recently moved! I wasn't thinking about a collapsable cooler, so thanks for that. :) Basically, we need to carry our 12 pack of soda in a suitcase or something, then ask the room steward to give us ice.

One more question, does Carnival have a place to do laundry on the ships? We are sailing on the Pride.

12 pack of soda must be in carry-on. Heavy and a bother to lug around with you til the cabins are ready -- but take it from someone who once packed sodas in a bag given to the baggage handlers at the pier, you DO NOT want to do that! """"(what a mess that was! thank goodness we had a balcony to put it out on, the entire suitcase was leaking by the time it got to our cabin).

Laundry, yes - both self-serve and send out. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/CL-Carnival.php

Yes you can laminate them. Clear packing tape works. So does clear contact paper. And if you are going to cruise in the future they sell reusable clear plastic luggage tag holders on the internet.

And yes, all Carnival ships have laundry rooms. Don't forget to pack a few rolls of quarters, and pack some detergent too, if you don't want to pay to buy it onboard.

(Do a search on line, for laundry detergent sheets. The travel stores sell them. Lightweight, and packable. Use one sheet to hand wash something in the sink. 4 or 5 to do a load.)

I use 3M Self Adhering Laminating pouches for ours... 4X6 works great. Once laminated and cut down a bit I punch a hole in one of the corners and attach it to my suitcase with a plastic zip tie. Stays on forever if you want it to!

luggagetag.jpg

:)

Archived