MarineTraffic.com ship locator

Stakeout

in case this hasn't been mentioned on this Board... and if anyone cares to delve into 'nerdiness' .. or just are curious where a particular ship is at sea or in port

a site for following any ships.. all kinds.. can be found at http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais

the same site also has an FREE App for your Android cell phone--MarineTraffic.com ..you can download it on your phone from the Android Market.... not sure about an iPhone app

if you want to personalize the site with a list of the ships you want to follow with 'My Fleet' do so by signing up as a subscriber FREE by using an email address and password... plenty of Options also such as routes past and upcoming

since we will be boarding the Maasdam next Friday I tried it out looking for her today.. it w*rks both on my PC as well as on my Droid 3...

and yes I know the HAL fleet locations are always posted on here... just passing along some more info in case one has the need:D

Nerdiness????? Boy, that's going to leave a mark.... I thought I was just uber-informed. Where is my pocket protector anyway???

Great site but the ship pictures that appear to be in port are not actually what is current.

if a ship is indicated to be currently docking by a blue dot is accurate however.

Nerdiness????? Boy, that's going to leave a mark.... I thought I was just uber-informed. Where is my pocket protector anyway???

Great site but the ship pictures that appear to be in port are not actually what is current.

if a ship is indicated to be currently docking by a blue dot is accurate however.

naw.. don't think the pics were meant to be 'in real time'..and they aren't but the rest of the info appears to be... many options to uncheck for a lot of the commercial ships and others if you don't want them showing up.. the more I 'play' with it.. the more good links I find on that site

okay.. make it 'geeksters' :D

You should be aware that because it is based on voluntary transmitting of data by the ships, it is often days or weeks out-of-date. When we went through the Panama Canal a couple of years ago it had us sitting in the Caribbean for 10 days or so.

You should be aware that because it is based on voluntary transmitting of data by the ships, it is often days or weeks out-of-date. When we went through the Panama Canal a couple of years ago it had us sitting in the Caribbean for 10 days or so.

yop.. that's what it states on the site..

I just put it out there for the info if anyone cares to use it... again.. if you find or have a better one let us all know.. appreciate it :)

http://www.sailwx.info

if you find one that does.. and it's FREE.. let us all know..
Yes, it can be useful, and I have used it for many years. But it can't generally be relied on to find ships at sea, or a great many world ports as you implied in your first post:
or just are curious where a particular ship is at sea or in port

Archived