Specifics on how short is too short...

wife2b

I'm hearing plenty about Bermuda's dress code. I know not to wear "cut offs" or anything "too short". Can someone please tell me what is considered "too short"? I'm in my twenties and planned on bringing shorts and summer dresses but "too short" is so subjective. I really don't want to offend anyone. Should I go back to my middle school days and abide by the "finger tip rule" :confused:

If you are not sure if something is considered too short it probably is.

Keith

I don't think that's particularly true. I'm not asking about a specific article of clothing. I want to make sure my wardrobe/style doesn't offend. I'm what most would consider modest, especially for my age, but American standards are completely different from those of Bermuda.

I'm simply looking for input regarding how women should dress in Bermuda. Can any women who have visited offer some help, please :confused:

I don't think that's particularly true. I'm not asking about a specific article of clothing. I want to make sure my wardrobe/style doesn't offend. I'm what most would consider modest, especially for my age, but American standards are completely different from those of Bermuda.

I'm simply looking for input regarding how women should dress in Bermuda. Can any women who have visited offer some help, please :confused:

Not a woman but I will advise you anyway.......If you are what most consider modest you don't have to dress any differently than you would normally dress in the US. Even if you were not modest you could dress the same. Bermuda is used to tourists. Really the only thing you would not want would be men not wearing shirts unless they were on the beach, or women going topless, and you would want a coverup on a bus or taxi over your swimwear.

Not a woman but I will advise you anyway.......If you are what most consider modest you don't have to dress any differently than you would normally dress in the US. Even if you were not modest you could dress the same. Bermuda is used to tourists. Really the only thing you would not want would be men not wearing shirts unless they were on the beach, or women going topless, and you would want a coverup on a bus or taxi over your swimwear.

Thanks, Charles :)

(I'm a woman and a resident, if that helps!)

bdaguy is right, Bermuda isn't as conservative as it used to be. Certain dining establishments do have a dress code but for just walking around Hamilton, Dockyard, etc., short shorts and itty bitty dresses are acceptable now. Just don't go around wearing only your swimsuit or really scruffy-looking clothing - that is something we do frown on!

(I'm a woman and a resident, if that helps!)

bdaguy is right, Bermuda isn't as conservative as it used to be. Certain dining establishments do have a dress code but for just walking around Hamilton, Dockyard, etc., short shorts and itty bitty dresses are acceptable now. Just don't go around wearing only your swimsuit or really scruffy-looking clothing - that is something we do frown on!

Thanks so much for the helpful info. So excited for our visit :D

Hi Wife2B,

If I'm passing you on my bike and your never-ending legs and itty-bitty skirt cause me to do a double take, lose control of the bike and smack into the back of a grocery truck leaving me with egg on my face and carrots in my ears, then, yes, your skirt was too short.

Aside from that,

Have Fun!

Hi Wife2B,

If I'm passing you on my bike and your never-ending legs and itty-bitty skirt cause me to do a double take, lose control of the bike and smack into the back of a grocery truck leaving me with egg on my face and carrots in my ears, then, yes, your skirt was too short.

Aside from that,

Have Fun!

LOL, that would be YOUR fault, not mine :D But I'll be sure to keep this in mind during our stay. Thanks for the laugh!

Archived