Confused about Mediterranean itinerary on Epic..

SondraC

New to NCL, and the Mediterranean too! We have only cruised in the Caribbean. We now want to try something else, but I am confused on the dates in June 2012. Can you embark and start your 7 days in different ports? NCL shows a 7 day sailing starts June 27 in Rome, but then it shows it also starts a 7 day sailing June 30 in Provence.

Is this possible??

Thanks for the quick reply! I was confused on this for the past day or two! We are torn between Carnival Breeze 12 nights, NCL Spirit 12 nights, and NCL Epic 7 nights. We have sailed Carnival before, but would be the first for NCL.

Whilst the main embarkation port is Barcelona as NCL are targeting Spanish, Italian customers etc.. About 1000 non-US/can/UK on my cruise they allow them to get on in their own country. Imagine an Italian having to fly to Barcelona to get on a cruise that then visits the port down the road!!

NCL have expanded this to allow US pax an option to spend some time in Rome pre/post cruise.

Both Barcelona and Rome have plenty of things to see and do to last a weekend/few days. The only difference is that Barcelona is at the port, you'll see the ship arrive from most hotels whereas Rome is a good 2hr drive/coach each way to the port so you need to factor in transfer prices to/from the port.

As I said in another post similar to this one, when I was doing some cursory reviews of these trips next year, while there are three possible embarkation points for some of the trips, some categories of rooms were not available at all of the embarkation ports, so if you have your eye on a certain room, you may want to check all three ports. Barcelona seemed to have the best availability.

Don't forget that Spain is adding it's VAT (value added tax) to everything purchased on the ship (bar drinks, spa treatments, soda cards, stuff in the shops, etc.) So everything will be more expensive in general. :(

Is this for any cruise (for the duration) that originates out of Spain?

Is this for any cruise (for the duration) that originates out of Spain?

It applies to the whole cruise for any cruise which originates in Spain and does not visit a non-EU country or those which have special tax rules like the Canary islands.

Where it does visit other countries its only applicable when in Spanish waters..

It applies to the whole cruise for any cruise which originates in Spain and does not visit a non-EU country or those which have special tax rules like the Canary islands.

Where it does visit other countries its only applicable when in Spanish waters..

Thanks for clarifying for me!

Archived