Freedom - MDR - Where to sit?

southt00

Hi:

We are on the Freedom in a few weeks. I would like to ask for a particular dining room location and would like some advise please. As suite guests, our dining request for a table for 4 has always been granted. The problem is, we always seem to be seated near a noisy serving station and in a location where we can never see the happenings in the dining room. Last time, it was on day 5 that I realized that there was live music being played. lol.

As the dining rooms are multi-level, where would you recommend we request to be seated? We do traditional dining (early). We would like to see the dining room and prefer to not be seated by a window or dining room entrance. I understand that this is just a request and may not be granted. I'm not looking for a table number as I believe those can change, just a preferred location and level.

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

In 11 RCCL cruises, we've always had what we considered WONDERFUL MDR table assignment. We always check it out after we board. On our last cruise, we were very disappointed as our selection seemed to be too near a serving station and in the middle of too many tables. We requested a change and they explained that if we would eat at the table that night, they would send a change to our room the following morning. We were honestly so impressed with the waiters and the tables around us that we went and asked they NOT change us. We told them under no circumstances did we want to lose our present waiters. They were absolutely the BEST we had had and we found the location turned out to be okay. I think about what our experience might have been, had they been able to move us on the first night and I'm really grateful we got a table we originally considered not to be acceptable. You never know.

Archived