Two Deaths Reported on Norwegian Dawn

DJDaveS

I really dont understand why it would be necessary to let anyone know. I have worked in customer relations for over 15 years and can tell you that it is the first priority to avoid telling anyone anything that does not concern or put others in harms way to avoid panic or rumors. Everyone who is complaining about not knowing about the deaths should feel better that their vacation wasn't ruined by this unfortunate situation.

Anyone read any of the comments from the news stories?

Didnt take long for one of these to crop up;

Guess I better cancel since I am in mortal danger. :eek: lol

When you are in a cruise liner, YOU HAVE NO PROTECTION.

They can rape, kill, kidnap or murder anyone as they wish

without consequence. YOU ARE AT THEIR MERCY.

I WOULD BE CRAZY TO BOARD ANY CRUISE LINER AT ALL. THIS IS THE HIDDEN TRUTH THAT HAS NEVER

REVEAL TO THE PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD. [ AROUND THE WORLD ] TO ALL IDIOT PEOPLE.

IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE, IT ONLY HAPPENS ONCE, AND IT WILL ONLY HAPPEN ONCE.

NO PROSECUTION TO ANY CRUISE LINER PEOPLE. DON'T BE A VICTIM, STAY AWAY FROM ANY CRUISE LINER.

""""" It will only happen once, either you are rape, killed, murdered or kidnap and sold to slavery."""""

Mark this warning, it will hound you. don't thank me, take care of your self and family, read this*****

I WOULD BE CRAZY TO BOARD ANY CRUISE LINER AT ALL. THIS IS THE HIDDEN TRUTH THAT HAS NEVER

REVEAL TO THE PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD. [ AROUND THE WORLD ] TO ALL IDIOT PEOPLE.

NO PROSECUTION TO ANY CRUISE LINER PEOPLE. DON'T BE A VICTIM, STAY AWAY FROM ANY CRUISE LINER.

""""" It will only happen once, either you are rape, killed, murdered or kidnap and sold to slavery."""""

Mark this warning, it will hound you. don't thank me, take care of your self and family, read this*****

Well, that's the internet for ya. All the crazies come out of the woodwork.

You are safer on a cruise liner than most other places on this earth!

Plus they really treat you great!!

A very happy frequent cruiser.

And I even take my belovd grandchildren too!

You are safer on a cruise liner than most other places on this earth!

Plus they really treat you great!!

A very happy frequent cruiser.

And I even take my belovd grandchildren too!

You thrill-seeker, you! ;):rolleyes:

I really dont understand why it would be necessary to let anyone know. I have worked in customer relations for over 15 years and can tell you that it is the first priority to avoid telling anyone anything that does not concern or put others in harms way to avoid panic or rumors. Everyone who is complaining about not knowing about the deaths should feel better that their vacation wasn't ruined by this unfortunate situation.

I agree and disagree with this statement. It is No Ones business or concern you are very right.

Right now the poor families have enough to deal with, without added a whole bunch of ridiculous rumors. They have already said "natural causes" for the woman which is enough. But I think the sooner that someone is able to report that the young man died of... (for example medical complications). It would calm the rumor line down and the families could be left to deal with their pain in peace.

Well, that's the internet for ya. All the crazies come out of the woodwork.

Yep, whats a shame is that a lot of people really do think cruise ships are dengerous for various reasons.

On a side note it looks like we are going on the same cruise 2 weeks apart. :)

Try not to use up all the fun!

The 23 year old's death from Littleton NH is interesting but according to news reports the older woman succumbed to a chronic medical condition. The authorities boarding to inspect the younger guy's cabin makes me wonder what happened. Since the DA is not getting involved we'll never really know but I wonder if there'll be an autopsy performed with a toxicology screening? :confused:

Either way, not a good news day in Boston for the cruise world. My thoughts are with the families of the those impacted by the losses.

The 23 year old's death from Littleton NH is interesting but according to news reports the older woman succumbed to a chronic medical condition. The authorities boarding to inspect the younger guy's cabin makes me wonder what happened. Since the DA is not getting involved we'll never really know but I wonder if there'll be an autopsy performed with a toxicology screening? :confused:

Either way, not a good news day in Boston for the cruise world. My thoughts are with the families of the those impacted by the losses.

both deaths must be certified by the coroner(or whomever does the same thing in Mass). The DA probably won't get involved unless its consider a suspicious death. Which may take an autopsy to find out with toxicology tests. In any case the cabin will probably be sealed until the authorities release it in the case of the 23 yo. the older person sometimes can be determined without a full autopsy(in case her physician at home tells the coroner what he suspects).

Local news is saying the man died from epileptic seizure.

We sailed the Dawn a couple weeks ago. As we were sitting by our outdoor firepit tonight, DH and I both said it would be great to be on the repositioning cruise tonight. However, I just read that the ship is empty going back to Florida. Can that be right?

RCCL Jewel of the Seas repo cruise leaves this weekend and has been sold out since July. Half the passengers have winter homes in Florida and prefer cruising back home. Lucky to have a car to keep at their winter and summer homes. What a nice time to be cruising from Boston to Aruba.

When we were on the Emerald Princess last year an eldely man died in one of the public washrooms (suspected heart attack). Everyone was kept from going in that area and big white tarps were put up around the area. People we were sailing with said that a crew member told them that the person would be removed in privacy and taken down to a holding area through crew passage ways. Nice to know they let the poor man have some dignity.

We sailed the Dawn a couple weeks ago. As we were sitting by our outdoor firepit tonight, DH and I both said it would be great to be on the repositioning cruise tonight. However, I just read that the ship is empty going back to Florida. Can that be right?

I think there's a two-day cruise, and then Dawn is headed back to Miami with no passengers on Sunday. The crew seemed pretty pleased about the "free" days, although I bet there will still be some work for them.

I think there's a two-day cruise, and then Dawn is headed back to Miami with no passengers on Sunday. The crew seemed pretty pleased about the "free" days, although I bet there will still be some work for them.

And they are picking me up on Wednesday!:)

So sad to hear someone so young has passed and if what Leafpeeper said is true, at least there wasn't any foul play involved. My thoughts go out the families.

Archived