Magic aft balcony

Tulsa Tom

Hi ... I would like some input on the Magic aft balcony stateroom. Is the balcony covered, which deck would be best, the aft balcony is a few more dollars is it worth it. Sorry if this has been asked before...I have been off the boards for some while and am back looking for a cruise..thanks for any replies...Tulsa Tom

Hi ... I would like some input on the Magic aft balcony stateroom. Is the balcony covered, which deck would be best, the aft balcony is a few more dollars is it worth it. Sorry if this has been asked before...I have been off the boards for some while and am back looking for a cruise..thanks for any replies...Tulsa Tom

I am sure we should be seeing some reviews of the Magic soon and you get a first-hand account of the aft balconies. We did a cabin crawl on the Dream in Italy and one of cabins was an aft wrap (corner) balcony. While the balcony had a very small viewing area on the side and a larger viewing area on the back, the room had a strange configuration. The balcony dividers were in the wrong place and had to be moved. Inside the cabin the TV was on a wall in a little hallway that led to the balcony on one side and the bathroom on the other so you could only see it from the bathroom. I guess if you left your Bathroom door open you could see the sea from the shower though.:)

DW and myself are going on our first cruise in Jan 12 and after reading alot of posts from folks hear, I selected a AFT Balcony. I think we'll be very satisfied with what we chose. I chose the Empress Deck 7 because it has cabins above and below so there won't be as much noise from decks above or below as there would be on some other decks. I've attached pictures of the AFT Balcony room on deck 7. Hope this helps, like I said before, this is our first cruise so I have no experience ther than what I've heard here.

134500964_746720balcony.jpg.e5adee11a94a02d8a3766a0945b2ca39.jpg

7467-2.jpg.31fa9bb175b3dfdc73e86a121f5b9830.jpg

DW and myself are going on our first cruise in Jan 12 and after reading alot of posts from folks hear, I selected a AFT Balcony. I think we'll be very satisfied with what we chose. I chose the Empress Deck 7 because it has cabins above and below so there won't be as much noise from decks above or below as there would be on some other decks. I've attached pictures of the AFT Balcony room on deck 7. Hope this helps, like I said before, this is our first cruise so I have no experience ther than what I've heard here.

Your post got me to thinking about some posts from the Dream right before we sailed her in 2009 (third cruise from Italy). It seems that some were complaining about their balcony looking straight down on the deck which wraps all the way around the ship and has the big jacuzzis on the sides. Apparently the balcony guests had very little privacy on that deck, with the jacuzzis and a lot of people walking the open deck at all hours.

Grammytan .... good to see someone with a great sense of humor. This caught my eye...

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

And I like that you and hubby are "old school," not age wise, but formal night wise. Yes, that's right, new schoolers...formal night, not elegant night. Grrrrrrr. :p

Archived