11 yr old on the Golden

KMP

We're cruising with first timers w an 11 yr old ( our first Princess cruise too) Is there anything structured for her,or is she on her own? It's mostly nights-5 ports in 7 days. Is there anything we can do to insure that she has a great cruise?

Yes, the kids program will have structured programs. Does she like that type of activity or is she in the "I am really older than I look" stage? Reading these pages gives me the impression that some middle school kids feel they are too old to enjoy the activities that 8 or 9 year olds enjoy. She will meet kids her age and have a good time if you are going when school is not in session. If your cruise is planned when school is going on she may be a rather lonely child.

They have a great kids program.. If Charlotte, the "Kids Coordinator" is still onboard tell her hello from Larry & Ginger. They will have lots of things for your daughter to do..

As mentioned elsewhere it is important that she goes to the kids club at the beginning of her cruise as this is is where friendships form. I have nothing but praise for the Princess kids' programs in general and mine have always had a great time. Our problem has always been in getting them to be with us rather than their new-found friends.

Archived