Hate to ask ANOTHER question about carry-on drinks!

wife2b

Sorry- couldn't find an answer to this:

We live about 10 minutes away from our departure port. We were hoping fill our Sigg Bottles with water at home & carry them on, still remaining within our non-alcoholic beverage allotment. Would there be a reason for them to confiscate these since they have no way of knowing that it's actually water? At worse, I'm assuming we'll just be asked to empty the bottles :confused:

Thanks for any input!

Sorry- couldn't find an answer to this:

We live about 10 minutes away from our departure port. We were hoping fill our Sigg Bottles with water at home & carry them on, still remaining within our non-alcoholic beverage allotment. Would there be a reason for them to confiscate these since they have no way of knowing that it's actually water? At worse, I'm assuming we'll just be asked to empty the bottles :confused:

Thanks for any input!

From what I have heard the new scanners can tell the difference.

I read on another post that the agents may shake the bottles if they think there's a chance someone may have put alcohol in their water bottles. Apparently they can tell by the way it bubbles whether or not it's really water... Guess they just don't trust ANYBODY, huh? :D

I've also heard this. However, Sigg bottles are metal so that wouldn't work in this situation.

Couldn't they just ask you to open it and smell the water? I carry a 2 L bottle of water with me just about everywhere. When I boarded in August, they didn't shake it, or even look at it. And yes, it was open. I mean it was just a bottle of Evian and maybe I look pretty innocent - but after they x-rayed my bag w/ my bottle in it - they just ushered me on.

I don't think you'll have any problem.

I had a opened 20 oz coke and they made me take a sip of it.

If you had rum in it, you could have gotten your party started early! (When we were in Aruba, someone that we met on the ship, bought one of those minatures - he put it in his bottle of coke...)

In Mobile they made me dump out my refillable water bottle. In New Orleans they did not even notice or seem to care that it had water in it. There is no continuity from one port to another on how rules are enforced.

In Miami this October the agents stopped everyone with bottles, the gentlemen in front of me had a small cooler with about 8 water bottles in it and the agent took out ever single bottle and shook them :eek: he allowed him to take the water on board.

I was hoping to fill the Siggs beforehand because I have been a chronic water drinker, as of late and will likely want a drink on the way there, standing in line, etc. We bring them because we like to keep them filled while in port so that we always have water readily available when off the ship.

And thanks to firefly, I now realize our Siggs are 1L :(.

Thanks for all the answers, the plan is to bring water and chug the remainder, if any, just before we board (hate wasting water!) :)

Archived