Sea Princess in New Zealand

cassarina

Hi

Sea Princess has just been on a cruise to NZ anybody on this recent cruise what was the wine policy on bringing bottles on board:rolleyes:

they were saying on the Australian/NZ board that you were allowed one bottle each at embarkation and no more at the ports.....dont know if its been changed

Hi

Sea Princess has just been on a cruise to NZ anybody on this recent cruise what was the wine policy on bringing bottles on board:rolleyes:

Hi

We have just done this cruise on Sea Princess,you can take one bottle of wine each when you first board. You can not take any more wine on at other ports.All your bags are checked when your return on board.

Hi

We have just done this cruise on Sea Princess,you can take one bottle of wine each when you first board. You can not take any more wine on at other ports.All your bags are checked when your return on board.

Yes, having read the very ambiguous 'Alcohol Policy' on Princess website, I got my Travel Agent to check. He confirmed it's one bottle only at embarkation point and nothing at other ports. I have to say my interpretation was that you could take one bottle at any and all of the ports.

THIS IS THE EXACT REPLY FROM MY TRAVEL AGENT:

I have spoken to Princess and they have advised that you will only be able to bring one bottle of wine and/or champagne at the port of embarkation. I have pointed out that the wording on the website appears to be incorrect and Princess have advised that they will look into getting this changed. The guy I spoke to at Princess, Ed, advised me that this policy has not recently changed, but has been the case for many years. He advised me that it was also detailed in the brochure and that he had seen it in there for years, however when I asked him to point this out he was unable to do so.

I am sorry that I am unable to give you a better answer and I regret to advise that we are unable to accept any responsibility for errors within the published terms and conditions of your cruise supplier. If you wish to pursue the matter further then you will need to contact Princess Passenger Relations.

Hi

Thanks for replying, what did you think of the cruise and what were their prices like my husband likes beer can you take that on board:confused:

Thanks for replying, what did you think of the cruise and what were their prices like my husband likes beer can you take that on board:confused:

cassarina they used to let you bring on a six pack but things have changed so i think its up to security....bit of a hit & miss

I will be very interested to hear if someone asks security if they can take wine on board.

We went on Sun Princess for 9 weeks from April to June this year. Before the first port there was a notice in the Princess Patter to say that "no alcohol can be brought on board" and everyone took this to mean wine as well as spirits. I asked the senior security officer who I was chatting with on the tender, and he said we could take wine on board. We were on board for 9 weeks and took wine back on board at every port, although other passengers kept telling us we couldn't. We didn't hide it. We put it through the scanner and showed staff at the Alcohol Collection Desk. Every time they said it was OK. Then we went on the ship again in Aug-Sept and the same thing happened.

It would be interesting hear from someone who had wine taken off them or whether people are going on the notice in the Princess Patter where the meaning of the word "alcohol" is not what most of us interpret it to be.

On the other hand, it is possible the policy has changed. I hope not.:)

i will be very interested to hear if someone asks security if they can take wine on board.

We went on sun princess for 9 weeks from april to june this year. Before the first port there was a notice in the princess patter to say that "no alcohol can be brought on board" and everyone took this to mean wine as well as spirits. I asked the senior security officer who i was chatting with on the tender, and he said we could take wine on board. We were on board for 9 weeks and took wine back on board at every port, although other passengers kept telling us we couldn't. We didn't hide it. We put it through the scanner and showed staff at the alcohol collection desk. Every time they said it was ok. Then we went on the ship again in aug-sept and the same thing happened.

It would be interesting hear from someone who had wine taken off them or whether people are going on the notice in the princess patter where the meaning of the word "alcohol" is not what most of us interpret it to be.

On the other hand, it is possible the policy has changed. I hope not.:)

Hi aus traveller, I can assure you they are (Princess)red hot on this alcohol issue (in Australia) at the moment.We were on the Dawn Princess 3 weeks ago and apart from the wine we carried on board at embarkation all wine etc at other ports of call were taken from you and returned on the last night of the cruise.Trust me we tried.

Cheers Johhno

As you can tell from my login, I like wine. We just returned from the repositioning cruise on Sea Princess, San Francisco to Sydney, 29 days.

We had a great time. Both port days & sea days were full and interesting. Seas were great except between Auckland & Akoroa. I brought 3 bottles of wine aboard in SF (1 in each bag), 2 more in Honolulu & 2 more in New Zealand. Never was a problem. No one said anything. I usually brought a glass of wine to dinner each night & nothing was ever said and the Head Waiter spent much time at our table discussing wine. I brought a bottle of wine to dinner twice. I was charged the $15 corkage for one, but the other was a very expensive wine, which I shared a glass with both our waiters & the Head waiter. No corkage fee on that one. We liked Sea Princess very much. Our only complait was the Horizon Court gets very crowded at breakfast/lunch making it difficult to find a table. Never leave your table unatended unless you want to have company when you return. I would take this cruise again tomorrow if I could.

Archived