Interior with picture window?

lrowe70

We're going on Splendor in January with a family group. One member got a room that is called an "interior with picture window" on deck 6. I think it may be number 6204 or something.

I guess the window looks out onto the deck and not the water which is why it's listed as interior? However someone mentioned that it is not a picture window, but portholes near the floor?!

Does anyone know anything about these rooms? Any photos?

Thanks

I think some of the newer ships are putting "video" live feeds in some of the interoir cabins where a window would normally go that shows a live video from the top deck or forward of bridge of outside.

On deck 6 (Upper) and 7 (Empress) the 4j's are at the very front of the ship. According the Carnival's website, they have picture windows and obstructed views. There is a "secret deck" outside the window, so there might be people up there and a high solid railing.

We're going on Splendor in January with a family group. One member got a room that is called an "interior with picture window" on deck 6. I think it may be number 6204 or something.

I guess the window looks out onto the deck and not the water which is why it's listed as interior? However someone mentioned that it is not a picture window, but portholes near the floor?!

Does anyone know anything about these rooms? Any photos?

Thanks

They are cabins at the very front of the ship..most people would find calling it an 'oceanview' cabin..well..deceptive....because you can't see the ocean, so they call it an interior. Just be aware that folks can make their way up to that 'secret' deck any time they want...be sure to keep your curtains closed when you don't want an audience..:)

I would try Uncle google for photos... :) good luck!

Here are some pictures from my 4J cabin on the Valor, room 7206. They're located on the "secret" decks. They are considered an inside room, but you still get a window and can look out. I loved this room and would definitely book one again.

DSC09354-1.jpg

DSC09720-1.jpg

The windows are heavily tinted on the outside. I looked through my window from out here and could barely see in.

DSC09381-1.jpg

You can see pics of our 4J cabin in the album link in my signature from our 06/29/08 cruise on the Destiny. (Back then they were listed as Oceanview category 6B.) We have booked a 4J for our upcoming cruise on the Valor in January. I think the 4J's and Porthole cabins are the best deal!

Thanks for posting this. I have often wondered what the cabins looked like, and they look quite spacious too.

Now who would be out on the secret balcony/deck? And how do you get there from these cabins?

usually there will be a nondescript door to the port and or starboard-just go thru it!

Thanks for posting this. I have often wondered what the cabins looked like, and they look quite spacious too.

Now who would be out on the secret balcony/deck? And how do you get there from these cabins?

I have a few more pictures of the room in my Valor review in my signature, posts 17-18. We had plenty of room. Many 4J cabins are handicapped rooms, and we had one of those. The two beds did not convert to a king, so be aware that some rooms are like that.

Not many people know about the secret decks. I was usually the only one out there and I only saw a few other people, no more than 10 the entire cruise. To get there, go alllllllll the way to the very front of deck 6, 7, or 10. If you're on the left hall way, look to your left, right hall way look to your right. Either way, you'll see a door. Go through that door and the second door behind it, and you'll be out there. Be careful to not let the doors slam behind you. The best time to come out here is late afternoon/ early evening. It's VERY dark and windy at night, so that's out of the question.

Is it ok being that far foward? I was looking at them for a cruise next year for my DD and I, it would be her first cruise.

The only negative is that it's a long walk to the main dining rooms, lido buffet, and evening lounges. On the flip side, it was a very short walk to the gym, serenity, gift shops and theater. I was on deck 7, which was right under the bridge and right above other cabins. It was a very, very quiet location.

Is it ok being that far foward? I was looking at them for a cruise next year for my DD and I, it would be her first cruise.

it is a far far walk to the food buffet area every day-- sometimes twice a day.

This walk really got to us by Wednesday on a 7 day cruise.

Her first cruise= she has nothing to compare it too.

I'd rather be close to the aft elevators with minimal traveling when I am cruising

Archived