Has anyone ever had a massage in Progresso or Cozumel?

marylp

I know there is a spa on the ship, but I read on a thread somewhere that someone had enjoyed a beachside massage while in one these ports. I can't find it anymore. My hubby and daughter would love this. Any info?? Thank you!! :)

My husband got one on the beach in Progresso for $20 for an hour right across from Buddy's. He said it was a really good "feel good" massage. He said they knew how to massage and he felt very at ease there. Anything else you need to know? He and everybody else were wearing bathing suits or shorts. They pulled up a chair for me and I enjoyed the beach.

Edited by slybear

Last year in Cozumel, I got a massage from a guy at Paradise Beach. I negotiated something like $35 for 45 minutes and gave him a $5 tip, so $40 total. It was HEAVENLY! I even fell asleep. You'll be able to find massages easily at both ports.

I had one at the beach in Progreso earlier in August. You'll see lots of tables there so won't miss it. They wanted more where the bus drops you off but just walk the 2 blocks to the beach. The beach person originally asked for more $ but I said $20 for 1 hr and was readily accepted so don't pay more than you have to.

Enjoy your cruise.

My husband got one on the beach in Progresso for $20 for an hour right across from Buddy's. He said it was a really good "feel good" massage. He said they knew how to massage and he felt very at ease there. Anything else you need to know? He and everybody else were wearing bathing suits or shorts. They pulled up a chair for me and I enjoyed the beach.

us too! four of us... all on beds beside each other...two couples... it was perfect..

Wow! Thanks, here we pay 65 bucks for an hour!! May I ask, where is Buddy's in Progresso?

Take the shuttle to the Strawmarket. Walk 2 blocks to the Malecon(You can ask directions at the strawmarket, but it is real easy to find.) Turn right and walk past Le Saint Bonnet and Buddy's is a couple of blocks down the Malecon on the right.

Edited by clackey

We also did the Progreso beach massage...it was well worth it. In Cozumel, we got a foot and leg massage. My wife wanted to do it...I didnt think it would be worthwhile. We had shopped all morning and had about 30 min to kill while we waited for La Mission to open for lunch ( our fav place to eat )...this foot massage place was across the street, and I finally gave in. And I have to admit, it felt great...took at least 20 min. May have to do it again next month when we are there!:)

• 2 years later...
I know there is a spa on the ship, but I read on a thread somewhere that someone had enjoyed a beachside massage while in one these ports. I can't find it anymore. My hubby and daughter would love this. Any info?? Thank you!! :)

yes you can have one on the beach for 30 dollars for 30 minutes but if you just cross the road from the beach and look for massages we got a hour massage for just 25 dollars and had margarita's for only 2 for 5dollars you have to look around but just a suggestion

MAKE SURE THAT THE SHEETS THEY USE THAT YOU LAY OWN ARE FRESH

ASK FOR FRESH LINENS CAUSE WE NOTICE ALL THEY DO IS WHEN ONE PERSON GETS A MASSAGE THEY TURN THE SHEET OVER AND GIVE ANOTHER PERSON A MASSAGE

progresso is so much cheaper than on the ship and cozumel and better to

hope this helps:)