Camp Registration - Permission to Swim?

wendygrace

I was just looking at preregistration forms and noticed that it had a question of "Permission to Swim?" and you check yes or no. Ours was already listed as "No" and we can't change it for some reason.

Do they take the kids swimming? We're traveling on Valor if that makes a difference.

what age group are you asking.

I do not think that the camp takes the little ones 2-5 or 6-8 swimming.

I have read that the 9-11 do go swimming but have NEVER seen it on a camp page.

I would think its a safety issue regarding taking the kids swimming. (on the pride- each camp had one counselor)

One evening they have a swim/pizza party for the slightly older kids (mine were 10 and 11 when they did this). We made this our night to go to the steakhouse and have a grown up evening :)

was this during an off season when there wasnt many kids onboard?

Very interesting that this post showed up today. I just filled out my preregistration for camp today for my kids. It asked me this question for all of my kids. This is our first Carnival cruise and I found the question interesting. I had no idea that swimming with camp was an option. FYI- it let me click "yes" for my 6 yr old daughter. Ours specifically said for ages 6 and up. We are sailing on the Liberty. Not sure if the ship makes a difference. I'm not sure I'd want to take a bunch of 6 yr olds swimming without their parents. :eek: My dd happens to be a pretty good swimmer. Her dad used to be a lifeguard and has been teaching her to swim since she was really little. There are a lot of 6 yr olds that are pretty helpless in the water though. Interesting. I'm curious now to see if they actually ever swim. :rolleyes:

In March I also preregistered my 4 children for CC. I could give permission for my 3 older children, 9,9, and 10. My youngest child was 8 and he was to young. They never actually got to swim though :( It was Spring break for most colleges and the pool was full of VERY intoxicated college kids. We took them to the water slide one afternoon though on a port day.

Archived