Can someone help me figure out when I can call?

spabsie

Traveling on Enchantment at the end of this month with the following itinerary:

Sat Nov 26 Baltimore, MD

Sun Nov 27 At Sea

Mon Nov 28 At Sea

Tue Nov 29 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Wed Nov 30 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Thu Dec 1 Samana, Dominican Republic

Fri Dec 2 Labadee, Haiti

Sat Dec 3 At Sea

Sun Dec 4 At Sea

Mon Dec 5 Baltimore, MD

Other than Baltimore :p does anyone know when you can make cell phone calls or possibly even send an email [on a Blackberry] without incurring milllllllllllions and miiiiiiiiillllions [pretend I used an evil voice there] in extra charges on your monthly bill?

Don't know if this matters, but I use T-Mobile and my friend is on Sprint. She said I can use her phone if it helps me. I just really want to be able to keep in touch because A: my hubby is staying home [he is in grad school] and B: I own a small business and have this insatiable needs to make sure I reply to all clients within the hour [i know in this case I won't be able to do that but I would like to get back to them as soon as I can].

Thanks for your future help ;)

Traveling on Enchantment at the end of this month with the following itinerary:

Sat Nov 26 Baltimore, MD

Sun Nov 27 At Sea

Mon Nov 28 At Sea

Tue Nov 29 San Juan, Puerto Rico

Wed Nov 30 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Thu Dec 1 Samana, Dominican Republic

Fri Dec 2 Labadee, Haiti

Sat Dec 3 At Sea

Sun Dec 4 At Sea

Mon Dec 5 Baltimore, MD

Other than Baltimore :p does anyone know when you can make cell phone calls or possibly even send an email [on a Blackberry] without incurring milllllllllllions and miiiiiiiiillllions [pretend I used an evil voice there] in extra charges on your monthly bill?

Don't know if this matters, but I use T-Mobile and my friend is on Sprint. She said I can use her phone if it helps me. I just really want to be able to keep in touch because A: my hubby is staying home [he is in grad school] and B: I own a small business and have this insatiable needs to make sure I reply to all clients within the hour [i know in this case I won't be able to do that but I would like to get back to them as soon as I can].

San Juan and St Thomas will be where you can make calls for free

I just really want to be able to keep in touch because A: my hubby is staying home [he is in grad school] and B: I own a small business and have this insatiable needs to make sure I reply to all clients within the hour [i know in this case I won't be able to do that but I would like to get back to them as soon as I can].

If you really need to keep in touch, go for an internet package. If you have a laptop with wifi, that would also help.

internet on the ship? Does anyone know how much that would cost? I did call Royal and asked how much a ship to shore call was and they told me it was around 8$/minute. Can't imagine the internet would be nearly as expensive but I figured it would still be outrageous.

Does anyone know of good internet cafes at any of the ports?

oh also, thank you to the two repliers :)

In St. Thomas we always use the free wifi at Carlos and Charlies or Mr Sanchos beach.

There is also free wifi at Senior Frogs right at the pier in St. Thomas, but you have to ask your server for the password.

Depending on which way they dock the ship there, sometimes you can get the signal from Senior Frogs from your balcony.

If you own a biz - you can get an Internet package and bill to your biz ( yeah, it's still out of your own pocket, but now it's a biz expense rather than a vaca expense). Another hint I picked up here. Download your mail, disconnect and read it, respond in a word or note doc, reconnect and cut and paste. Much fewer minutes that way. Good luck!!

Even easier..... No copying and pasting in word. Plus you can use gmail / yahoo mail with outlook.

You can maximize your internet minutes if you use Microsoft Outlook or other offline mail program.

Basically you start the program and read and compose message while off-line.

Go online using the RCL webpage

Then hit F5 to send/receive and all of your email will be send and received in under a minute.

Then go back to the RCL webpage, sign off and peruse your email at your leisure.

Doing this you can make 30 minutes last for the whole week, even with checking email several times a day.

If you own a biz - you can get an Internet package and bill to your biz ( yeah, it's still out of your own pocket, but now it's a biz expense rather than a vaca expense). Another hint I picked up here. Download your mail, disconnect and read it, respond in a word or note doc, reconnect and cut and paste. Much fewer minutes that way. Good luck!!

Archived