Bed placements Oasis/Allure

molly361

• 2 months later...

Ocean Boy & Will773:

I'm in room 8262. It connects with 8260, which is a Grand Suite. I've tried to apply the formula, but can't figure it out. Please help!!

I called customer service, and the guy did not have a clue as to what I was even talking about. Then he tried to tell me there is no way of knowing because they move the beds around all the time. I called him on that one!!!! Then he told me that the Allure is going to dry dock for a week in February, so they will probably be making changes to the room configurations then. Whatever!!!!

One more question...is there a plug in by the nightstands? My husband uses a CPAP. I failed to ask the rep that, but he probably wouldn't have known anyway!!

Thanks for your help! :)

Edited by JBoshears
Wrong room number.

Ocean Boy & Will773:

I'm in room 8262. It connects with 8260, which is a Grand Suite. I've tried to apply the formula, but can't figure it out. Please help!!

I called customer service, and the guy did not have a clue as to what I was even talking about. Then he tried to tell me there is no way of knowing because they move the beds around all the time. I called him on that one!!!! Then he told me that the Allure is going to dry dock for a week in February, so they will probably be making changes to the room configurations then. Whatever!!!!

One more question...is there a plug in by the nightstands? My husband uses a CPAP. I failed to ask the rep that, but he probably wouldn't have known anyway!!

There is a plug on the wall by the bed on Oasis and Allure.

Ocean Boy & Will773:

I wish I could give you an answer to the bed configuration on this one but I just can't. Following the pattern up the passageway it should have the bed by the window. But being the left side of a connecting cabin it could be a bed by the closet. Sorry that I can't help.

The line the rep gave you about moving the beds around all the time and changing room configurations during the dry dock is so off base it is laughable.

Thanks Ocean Boy. I think I will just roll the dice on this one and keep the room. I've read this whole thread, and even if it is by the closet it will be fine. Afterall...it's a cruise!!! :)

Yes, the Rep was laughable. I told him I will just ask the question on Cruise Critic...he didn't reply to that.

Thanks, I'm totally content now with my choice.

Thanks Ocean Boy. I think I will just roll the dice on this one and keep the room. I've read this whole thread, and even if it is by the closet it will be fine. Afterall...it's a cruise!!! :)

Yes, the Rep was laughable. I told him I will just ask the question on Cruise Critic...he didn't reply to that.

Thanks, I'm totally content now with my choice.

Yeah, unfortunately, we've all noticed that if you have a cabin with just a few in a corner or one located next to a suite, it's tough to tell, but as you said- you will be cruising and there are benefits to both configurations:D

What frosts me is this idea that the customers service people feel the need to make something up out of whole cloth rather than just say, "you know sir or ma'am, we just don't have that information." Their answers are ridiculous and it's stunning to me that of we simpletons on CC have had this figured out for 4 years, that the CSR do not know it. Or if they don't want to take the risk of doing it incorrectly or giving the wrong info and disappointing a customer, just say so! "We can't guarantee the configuration of any of the beds in the cabin" just like the TAs do when they book you an airline seat.

If you think of it JBoshears- come back here and post your cabin number and the configuration, after your cruise, so that the next person researching will be able to find the info! Have a great cruise!:D

Edited by Familygoboston

Great thread. I've read through a lot of this. I think I know what ours are but I just want to verify. We are on the Allure cabin 9211 and 9213 adjoining cabins. As far as I understand 9213 should have the bed closest to the window with the couch and TV by the closet and 9211 will have the bed closest to the closet. Is this correct?

My parents are in 9207. Will that have the bed closest to the window?

Thanks,

Debbie

Great thread. I've read through a lot of this. I think I know what ours are but I just want to verify. We are on the Allure cabin 9211 and 9213 adjoining cabins. As far as I understand 9213 should have the bed closest to the window with the couch and TV by the closet and 9211 will have the bed closest to the closet. Is this correct?

My parents are in 9207. Will that have the bed closest to the window?

Thanks,

Debbie

9211 bed by closet

9213 bed by window

9207 bed by closet

Oh no! I just got the opposite answer in another post and booked 8218 for ourselves and 8220 for my sister and BIL :(

They may have told you correct and me incorrect. I forgot about the flip in orientation from port to starboard sides of the ship.

Edited by archyboy6

I am so grateful for helpful people :)

how about these two side by side on Oasis--11146 and 11148

one will be for my husband and I and one for our older teen boys

thanks a bunch!!

11146 has the beds by the balcony and 11148 has them by the closet.