Taking pictures of pictures

Princesss

Photos onboard are cheaper than DD's senior photos. Now that's a rip off.

Amen ! Here where I live, they had a graduation package called the "Because I'm Worth It" package, it was the most expensive one (Imagine that !) Basically, tells your kid you don't love him if you don't buy it... LOL Well I guess their little scam worked, because I sure did buy it !

Need to remember the photographer actually "owns" the picture and it's not public property. We also bought a LOT of pictures on our last cruise - but had planned on doing that all along. Actually ordered wallets of two of them as the price was very reasonable. Read their photo release - it is NOT a standard photo release from a professional photographer. Basically it even says you can't put them on your computer and leave them there. Now I know that is NOT followed. Taking a picture of a professional photographers picture is downright unethical.

I must say I do not get how a photographer owns a image of me and has more rights with it. Thats another story for another day.

Carnival not the photographer hold the rights. I bet if you asked anyone who took the photo carnival could not tell you who.

But walmart is now requiring photo releases for pictures that look too good and could be pro. We have pro gear and my husband takes great shots. Me not so much. But our friends have had problems getting pictures printed at walmart because the picture looks to good not to be pro.. I had the same issue, I told them to shred my pictures and I would take my business elsewhere. And these were outdoor photos. not a staged anything.

Hey Carnival. Sometimes you have to follow the leader. In disney you get a swipe card and all your photos are keep together. You can check them out whenever you want. They will even sell you the whole thing on disk. Think of the money saved if they gave you that option. Don't print them out until you purchase it. Sell you just the DVD. They could snap pictures all day and not fill those things up. I would spend alot more money if I got to keep all the pictures. They would save on ink and paper. $100.00 per disk that cost pennys, their profits would go through the lido deck. Not to mention the space saved doing it this way. You wouldn't need all that wall space. Put another outlet. Bought our pictures at coral world in St. Thomas of our swim with a sea lion, for $30 bucks well worth every penney. The amount of money that is spent printing all the pictures that don't get bought is nuts.

A disk would be at least 250 if not more... 100 would be too cheap for them and everyone would go from booth to booth knowing that it was 100 for it all. ANd on a disk would it be per person or family...

People make a lot of noise about the pictures. Have any of you compared the price of say a studio set and 8x10 from a photographer, even any of the dime a dozen in your local city. The formal settings on a ship are atually a decent value. As for the silly walk around at embarkation/disembarkation, that is why we should all carry a $99 or $199, or $5999 camera for those kodak moments. People complain so much, perhaps they should make the effort to take their own pictures ;)

FWIW I believe the pictures are copyrighted so there are some legal ramifications for people trying to take photo copies of the pictures they bought not to mention ones they didn't even buy!

90% of the time we tell the photogs don't bother and just keep walking, such as the embarkation photo, etc. We NEVER buy them so why waste everyone's time? But, the last cruise were were on everytime they would take a picture at dinner, etc, we would make the most bufoonish silly faces we could muster. On the last day we walked though the photo place and found a few of them that were hilarious. Of course we didn't by them, but it was still fun.

A disk would be at least 250 if not more... 100 would be too cheap for them and everyone would go from booth to booth knowing that it was 100 for it all. ANd on a disk would it be per person or family...

The way it is done on disney is that you hand your card over before you have the picture taken. It can be as many people as you want. It does not matter if people are going from booth to booth alot of people do it anyway. But it is only memory space being used up. It all will get erased in the end. No ink or paper cost. If they did it this way I would spend 250 for it. I'll fill up the CD. I have 5 in our family it would be worth it. But then again why would they have to charge that much? All they have to do is cover cost. The savings in the ink and paper would do that.

Archived