Current Concierges continued

PH8

Just like tipping, opinions of any given Concierge is subjective. Just saying;)

Unlike tipping discussions, publicly casting aspersions about an individual member of the crew is unkind imho as the crew member has no right of reply. I therefore feel it necessary to support PAFC in their favourable post regarding Mel Arandia. I find Mel excellent and very 'by the book'. She runs around looking after her guests. She does however stop interlopers coming into the lounge where many others don't (notice I don't give individual names at this point ). I am personally fed up of people blatantly bringing in friends to the lounges who are not members. It makes it hard for genuine members to find a seat. Just my opinion but at least my opinion won't damage an individual's reputation. Remember RCI reads these forums. Being nasty about crew members does no one any favours.:sly:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Forums mobile app

I don't know Mel, but if she does not cater to guests who try to bring unauthorized guests into lounges I am for her. I wish more were like her. If you do not belong in a lounge you should not be allowed.

I don't know Mel, but if she does not cater to guests who try to bring unauthorized guests into lounges I am for her. I wish more were like her. If you do not belong in a lounge you should not be allowed.

Mel does everything by the book if you're not on her list you won't get in, unlike some concierges who never bother checking members on their list.

Mel does everything by the book if you're not on her list you won't get in, unlike some concierges who never bother checking members on their list.

Sailed Independence B2B in June. Chose the CL (cave) over the DL (great views). Found Mel to be very professional and courteous. She was attentive to everyone and saw her many times assisting families with questions. She was also excellent to the children who visited the lounge. I will also add that we never saw a misbehaved child in the lounge. Just my 2 cents.

Unlike tipping discussions, publicly casting aspersions about an individual member of the crew is unkind imho as the crew member has no right of reply. I therefore feel it necessary to support PAFC in their favourable post regarding Mel Arandia. I find Mel excellent and very 'by the book'. She runs around looking after her guests. She does however stop interlopers coming into the lounge where many others don't (notice I don't give individual names at this point ). I am personally fed up of people blatantly bringing in friends to the lounges who are not members. It makes it hard for genuine members to find a seat. Just my opinion but at least my opinion won't damage an individual's reputation. Remember RCI reads these forums. Being nasty about crew members does no one any favours.:sly:

I agree about not bashing and will not do but will reply to the possible issue of not allowing outside members in the lounge. This was certainly not our issue. The lounge was full of D+ & D members that observed this particular concierge do nothing but sit at the desk and never talking to people.

I agree about not bashing and will not do but will reply to the possible issue of not allowing outside members in the lounge. This was certainly not our issue. The lounge was full of D+ & D members that observed this particular concierge do nothing but sit at the desk and never talking to people.

If said concierge was sat literally doing nothing I would be surprised knowing said individual personally. I would suggest that a good concierge is there to sort out the issues/bookings and requests of their guests (effectively in place of standing in line at guest services which requires using a computer at a desk) and not to stand or sit around chatting all day. That is doing nothing imho. I guess it depends on personal opinion which everyone is entitled to. However not a the expense of reputational damage . I would not deign to say someone is doing nothing without walking a mile in their shoes. After all we are on holiday and not working 7 days a week 10 hours a day.... just saying

Can anyone tell me when Amit started on the Splendour? I'm trying to figure out if he will be our concierge this coming November. Thanks.
Amit is on RH and I don't have a start date for him.

Gisleni Araujo is in SP CL and Fernando Cataldo is in DL.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

I thought he went to Quantum.

Reyno was on Quantum when we were on her in November and again in February. Whether or not he is still there I don't know but I suspect that he might be on holiday at this point.

Reyno was on Quantum when we were on her in November and again in February. Whether or not he is still there I don't know but I suspect that he might be on holiday at this point.
I don't think that Reyno is going back to QN but I don't know where he is going next. He is on vacation.

Amit is on RH and I don't have a start date for him.

Gisleni Araujo is in SP CL and Fernando Cataldo is in DL.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Oh, I wonder what happened? He was going to switch from the Rhapsody to the Splendour in June. He had one more cruise on her, after we debarked, which was the middle of the month.

Oh, I wonder what happened? He was going to switch from the Rhapsody to the Splendour in June. He had one more cruise on her, after we debarked, which was the middle of the month.
You may well be right but I have had no postings that he is on the SP.

I was on SP July 4-11. Both Concierges were female. I remember that there was a post (maybe early in June) with both names and nobody knew either or them and they were the ones who were on my cruise. Neither of them mentioned leaving soon and I believe both had recently returned from vacation.

Right now I don't remember where I put my papers from the trip, but if you don't have the correct names tomorrow, I promise to look for the info.

I was on SP July 4-11. Both Concierges were female. I remember that there was a post (maybe early in June) with both names and nobody knew either or them and they were the ones who were on my cruise. Neither of them mentioned leaving soon and I believe both had recently returned from vacation.

Right now I don't remember where I put my papers from the trip, but if you don't have the correct names tomorrow, I promise to look for the info.

Gisleni Araujo in CL? Eliana García in the DL?

A female from the Rhapsody was offered a promotion to the Splendour, can't remember what exactly. She asked if Amit would switch ships too and he said yes.