Oasis of the Seas - October 2011 - Photo Review

fireflies

Your photos are amazing. This is exactly what I'll be doing on the Oasis in less than 2 weeks! I just bought a Tamron 17-55mm f/2.8 to add to my collection of lenses for my Nikon D7000 so I can be photo happy with low-light situations. Hope I can capture the ship as well as you! :D

jennat - I don't think we had the chance to meet on the cruise. Your review was great; the evening and diving shots are wicked. Everything was so detailed and personal. It's like we traveled with you (which i guess we did), but more than just on the same ship :) Thanks

sailingawaysoon - thanxs, I just try to put them in a way that makes sense and I can find on the computer

Nickles - There were 3 of us cruising so some of the food pictures make me curious too

Shooraq - Wow, you have an awesome quintet of cruises lined up :cool: The Tamron is a nice lens, sharp even at 2.8 so you'll get lots of great shots on all of your cruises. Hope the Breakaway is wicked.

QTMichele - Nothing wrong with twins right? Have a blast on your second Allure trip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lisa, thanks for the posts and the bump up. Wow, you are a seasoned Oasis/Allure cruiser with a back to back to boot, nice. Must be a nice break from ny winters.

Sorry Joan I didn't reply earlier, got caught up with a few things. I'm from a bit north of new england, up in western canada. i think i picked up using wicked from some aussie friends i hung out with, they also use "heaps" a lot too but that expression hasn't stuck with me too much.

Hi Lisa, thanks for the posts and the bump up. Wow, you are a seasoned Oasis/Allure cruiser with a back to back to boot, nice. Must be a nice break from ny winters.

I had to bump the thread up your pictures of Oasis are the best i've seen LOVE THEM!!! Haven't done my back to back yet but i'm counting the weeks to get out of this state!!!! :):):)

thanks gelo7 and kitsVA. christmas and new year's will fly by and then it'll be sailing time, have a great time Lisa.

kitsVA, those are some pretty wicked flickr epic shots, esp the walls and floor ones. i saw your allure review, that fuji is definitely capable and wicked looking too. i'm waiting for pentax to release a fierce mirrorless system, hopefully next year.

i'm all out of decent Oasis photos but i got around to putting up an NCL Epic photo review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1530742

if anyone is thinking of checking out another cruise line of just a change of pace :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Great pictures, Oasis is our next booked cruise. (wish it was sooner) I have been counting down since we put our deposit down. My co-workers think it's to soon to start counting.(they have never been on a cruise before).

Thank you for the pictures.

Archived