Oasis of the Seas - October 2011 - Photo Review

fireflies

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, luckily the lenses do most of the work.

Robynljt - The menu is on the small side but there are a couple of non fried things, they even have lobster on the menu. I heard that the grilled platter was tasty and I enjoyed the gumbo, flavorful and loaded with shrimp. While freshly fried, the fried platter was just ok, not a must have unless you are a friedaholic.

sherilyn70 - Lots of interesting angles and views on the Oasis, think we ended taking around 1,500 snaps. We use a Pentax K-x shooting in raw. The camera's sensor is pretty good in low light.

joand452 - There's a bunch of tour excursions options and a lot of them overlap in places, we took an excursion that went to Shaw Botanical gardens with lunch at the Shaw Beach Park hotel and then ending in Dunnes River Falls. Kind of a surprise to us since we thought it was a popular/must do activity, but our group was the only one who chose to climb up.

Denise5374 - Have an awesome cruise/vacation!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, luckily the lenses do most of the work.

sherilyn70 - Lots of interesting angles and views on the Oasis, think we ended taking around 1,500 snaps. We use a Pentax K-x shooting in raw. The camera's sensor is pretty good in low light.

The camera can only do what it's told.... so you are reponsible for the composure and vision of what it will look like. So you are the one that did the great job, not the camera. The camera just responded well to what you wanted. :)

I'll have to look at that camera. I'm looking to upgrade from my mid-range to a full dslr at this point since I have mastered all of the settings that can be manually set on it and want to take it further now.

Fireflies-we were on the same cruise! I recognize the couples during the Love & Marriage show!

Wasn't that a fantastic week? We really didn't want it to end as quickly as it did!:(

Great pics!! I have a lot of the same ones as you.

Thank you for taking the time to post this beautiful pictorial review. First off, you have inspired me to sail on the Oasis and secondly, I have decided to become a photographer to supplement my income. Photography has always been my second love and taking photography classes has been something that I have thought about for quite some time. Viewing your fantastic photos has inspired me to move forward. Thank you! :)

Thank you! Your photos are awesome! I loved the angles you took some of them from. I would never think of that but will try to be more creative. They meant so much to me as I just cruised Oasis 9/24 and had an amazing time. Your photos showed me places I missed so I am thrilled that I am sailing again on Oasis Sept 15, 2012 and cannot wait!!! Now that I have the basic pictures, maybe I can try to be creative this time!

Hope everyone has a great time on the Oasis, I envy those getting a great kick-start to the new year in January.

sherilyn70 - Thanxs:) Lots of interesting options for camera upgrades now. Can be a bit costly but Pentax makes some incredible lenses and the latest Sony offerings are fierce.

jennmaybe - yeah, that was a pretty wicked week. great weather and we were stoked to have Richard as the CD, we're still making SP jokes.

Aerorea - It was our first time using the Tamron and it's definitely a keeper, great colors and crazy sharp. We were debating a ultra wide or wide prime but glad we ended up with the Tamron. I'm sure you'll get a lot of great shots

Kangapong - Great to read that you're following your passion. You'll have an awesome time on the Oasis. Best of luck :)

Buckeye State Cruisers - Thanks, we might be on the same Allure cruise one day ;) We like RCI but also like trying out the latest and greatest so we're thinking about the Carnival Breeze as our next cruise.

mlmbar - We've never taken so many ship photos before but the Oasis is so photogenic it's hard not to take a ton of photos. That's the great thing about digital, you can shoot until your heart's content and just let your imagination run wild and have fun.

Archived