Have you seen how much NCL gives you for $40 a day?

valleyvillage

At $40/day NCL is a great deal. At $100/day it's no longer such a great deal with the cutbacks. At $100++/day, which a substantial portion of cruisers pay, it's kind of a low-end deal.

As a solo cruiser I always pay about 200$ per day and I thik it is a phenomenal deal............

VV -- I notice that those who are disputing your post are those who make choices that cause the cost to be much higher. To each his own !! I am very comfortable in an inside cabin and don't consider it a "closet".

Cruises are still the best value in travel. If egos force some to spend much more for their cruise, that is their choice.

I agree 100% and the 200$ per day fare that I just quoted.....its for an "inside closet" and I still think its a great deal!!!!! I love my inside closet....best sleep ever!!!!!

As a solo cruiser I always pay about 200$ per day and I thik it is a phenomenal deal............

$200 per day for a solo traveler is money well spent. My seven day Western Mediterranean cruise in an Epic Studio cabin cost $899 plus tax and DSC totaled $1,087.46 or $155.35 per day. I thought this was a great deal.

Other posters mentioned that the cost of a cruise can be a small percentage of the total cost of a vacation. My total cost for one week was about $3,500 including flights, hotels, excursions and all other expenses.

I checked my itinerary and the ship was in port for 56 hours during my cruise. My average cost per hour while in port ($3,500 / 56 hours) was just over $60. :eek:

I just hope that someday I can go on a cruise for $40 to 60 per day.

Lynda, you are right, but I don't think the poster that thought you could compare cruising with camping (and yes, that is what he/she said) was talking about the same type of camping.

Nita

Wanted to bring this to the top as the negative one is at the top. You are correct my camping is not thier camping but my cruising is not other peoples cruising. An inside bargain cabin gets the same amenities as my balcony, same shows, food, pools, bars, staff. I have sailed inside and it just forced us to spend more time on deck, no complaints, loved it. We prefer at least a balcony but it won't keep us from cruising if all we can afford is the Inside.

Love Crusing and NCL.

Lynda

Archived