Room Key Question

defreeze

Can't speak for celebrity directly but we never had problem securing additional keys when we booked 3 rooms with one adult in each with an underaged child. Of course they are only given to the holder of the orginal key. I won't ask why the swapping :D

I am traveling with another couple and we all want to be able to enter each other's rooms.

Can I go to the front desk and have our key cards programmed so we can use them for both rooms?

Thanks.

However the key only card might be a different color and won't have a portfolio number on it. So if swiped no one could charge on it.

We'd always put our kids in one room and the other and we'd get keys made so they could get into our cabin and vice versa.

One cruise line put names on the keycard. Mr Key and Mrs Key.

I see - so does that mean we will each have two cards? our regular ship card and a room key only card?
Yes. The second card will only open the door and cannot be used for charging purchases to any account, for internet access, or for getting on or off the ship.

The extra key card must be requested by someone who is actually registered in the cabin that it will access. To whom you give it is up to you.

You don't even need to tell Chipmaster. :D

Archived