Beer Cooler on Oasis

Lyndsay

When I would carry it out to our seats by the pool, the bar servers would swarm me. I thought it was hilarious to see how many of them would intercept me on my way to my chair. I guess it's an easy $4 for them.

I had the same experience. This was actually one of my only small complaints about my cruise on Oasis. I felt that the bar servers up on deck (who also made guest appearances elsewhere, particularly at the Malibu sponsored Solarium party and "Twenty by Absolute") were way too aggressive to the point of being annoying. At the Malibu party (which was sparsely attended for some reason) I felt myself having to concentrate on making sure my eyes didn't wander in the general direction of any of the 20 bar servers circling the area like vultures because if they did, the server would run over. It really detracted from the experience.

I actually meant to note this on the comment card but forgot. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're there, but when you're trying to relax and you're getting harassed by bar servers literally every 2 minutes it gets old fast!

Hi guys,

I've done a search and some reading on this topic, but have a few questions.

I can't seem to find any information about it on RCI's website, so I wonder if this is a hit or miss thing?

If it were to be available, where can it be purchased? I understand there have been some issues with running out and I definitely don't want that to be a problem! So I'd like to get it first thing upon embarking.

Are refills done at any bar?

Thanks!

On the Allure over Thanksgiving they had plenty of them. On the last day they were selling them for $9.95 and had cases of them to sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Oasis Saturday the 17th. The ship and weather were great. The coolers were for sale beginning on Sunday Morning around 9AM The first 8 beers including the cooler were $48 with Gratuity. The refills were 8 beers for $29.33 with gratuity The beer choices for this deal were Bud, Bud Light and Michelob Ultra. They were all 16 oz Aluminum bottles. The cooler includes a built in bottle opener. We were able to get refills and ice everywhere... Even in Labadee.. My statement included way too many $29.33's.!!!!!

On our March Allure cruise, we received the cooler for free with purchase of ANY 8 beers. Refills were buy 7 get 1 free. It was cheaper to do the "bucket of beer" (I think it was buy 5 get 1 free) for the refills. We'll be on Allure in February, so we shall see if the pricing/availability is the same. I do plan on bringing my cooler! :)

You can check out my full review of Allure for more pictures (link in my signature). For now, here's the link to the beer cooler segment:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28625333&postcount=164

Archived