Monte Carlo: hotel and transfer rec.

shipsmail

Which voyage are you on? We're there in May and staying at Le Hotel du Paris. As for transfer, we're flying into Paris and taking the train into Monaco.

We looked at the transfer via helicopter last year and for some reason I think you have luggage restrictions (weight and amount) which didn't work out for the amount of luggage we needed for the last cruise...I might have imagined that, so double check if you're doing that.

We ended up taking a cab from Nice to Monaco...painless and was around 80 Euro if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Bonjour!

If you choose a TAXI for transfer, ask them to use the coastal road for a first-view sightseeing, instead of the usual highway, which runs on top of the mountains and through numerous tunnels.

However, to book with a private transfer company will make the one-hour-trip along the coast even more interesting.

You can book via http://www.nicetourisme.com or http://www.angloinfo.com, but mention the coastal road in any case. Prices are only a friction more than the taxis, if not the same.

Helicopters are the fastest and most exciting way to reach Monaco.

Hotelwise, you have the choice between just beautiful 5- and 4-star hotels - and none is far away from the inner city. Monaco is so small.

There‘s one recommandable 3-star designer /boutique hotel in town, the Ni Hotel, which has a „young“ atmosphere and contemporary interior.

Just beyond the city limits, Riviera Marriott Hotel offers not only an almost picture-perfect view over the Cap d‘Ail yacht port, but has also a nice terrace, pool and bar. The Monaco city bus stops right in front of the hotel for easy trips to Monte-Carlo. The heliport is only 5 minutes away and some of the most interesting museums (such as the Classic Car collection) and some nice restaurants and bars are within walking distance.

Enjoy your stay in the Principality!

Take the Helicopter - they will take you to your hotel and it is the cheapest helicopter ride you will ever have. 70 Euros and you se spectacular sights.

We spend ALOT of time there and trust me the taxi is nice, but with traffic it can take an hour and cost more.

Unless you stay in Eze at the Chateau Chevre D'Or - then you will need a taxi.

If you want to be right in town and easy access then Eze is not a great idea - it is about 20 plus minutes into Monaco itself.

If you want to be near the port the Hotel Columbus is nice, and even more convienient is the Hotel Port Palace - nice place and you look right over the port. You will likely be boarding the ship on the new section witch is actually floating.

Hermitage is more classic style and alos has rooms looking at the port. Hotel de Paris - classic elegance as is the Metropole - both are pricey if you want a good room.

The Marriott, by Cap D'ail and the Mirabeau are less expensive options.

For a beach experience Monte Carlo Bay and Beach hotels are right on the water(as is the Mirabeau) and have a more beachy resort feel.

Does SilverSeas offer a deal - you might give them a ring and see if they have discout with one of the hotels.

If you have time - do rent a car and go to Eze and along the coast to Cap Ferrat(my hood) and Villefranche - it is really nice there.

Definitely the helicopter and I strongly recommend the Hermitage too. I am a huge fan of Chateau de la Chevre d'or but you need a car to get around and depending on how long you are spending pre cruise it may be too far out of the way.

Archived