Back from the Liberty Thanksgiving cruise

katcas

Well, it is depressing to be back but at least it has been in the 60's since we got home so I can handle it.

I will do a little review, not posting pixs but there are so many out there.

There were 14 of us, 5 adults in their 40's , grandpa in his 70's, 8 kids ages 13-17.

We flew in the day of the cruise with our flight getting in at 12:30. We had absolutely no problems and were on ship before 2.

Food-None of us had any complaints. Guys Burgers are awesome. I splurged the first day and that was it but all the guys with us had a least on a day. My husband ate at the fish and chips place a few time and had not complaints. Burrito bar was a hit with a lot of us, for breakfast and lunch. I never got any of the hot things at the buffet for lunch, mostly went to the deli. The MDR was great. We had the late seating and Tony our waiter was awesome. He had a beautiful singing voice too! Amade was our other waiter and they were both so good to the kids. In fact, the adults in our group went to Harry's Steak house one night and the kids all went to the dining room. The only thing I got which I did not like was the pork chops, too dry, other than that everything was great.

Dress code-Formal nights it seemed everyone was dressed up. Boys had shirt and tie, a few tuxes were noted, some suits, everyone looked nice.

Non formal night, most men had on shorts with a polo shirt or pants. Did not see many jeans. Girls are easy, sundress and sandal and you are ready to go.

Harry's Steak House was awesome! They do a great job of going all out for you. Glad we went there.

Our rooms were 6218, 6268, 6271, 6267 and 7366 and none of us had any problems with noice. We were all happy with our rooms. They do supply shampoo and body wash in the shower. The only outlet is by the mirror outside the bathroom. I brought a 15 foot extension cord and used my hairdryer in the bathroom with no problem. They do had a hairdryer but you have to keep your finger on the button and it is a pain in the butt, esp if you have long think hair.

Cozumel-went to Nachi Cocum. Had a great time depsite that it rained the last two hours. We didn't care, the kids all loved it. We let them do jet skis and the banana boat ride before it rained. All in all, a great day and a great place

Belize-I did not get off but a bunch in my group did. The just shopped around and ordered nachos at a restaurant which were the biggest plate of nachos I have seen!

Roatan-Love it! We did not do an excursion. We walked to the beach. I would recommend not taking the chair ride there. Waste of money, it goes real slow and stops every 2 minutes. The walk is well shaded and takes about 10 min. We sat on the beach, had some drinks and just soaked up the day. It is just so pretty when you pull up, so green.

Grand Caymen-went with stingray sailing to swim with the stingrays. What a great experience. We all loved it and I would recommend stingray sailing any day.

Kids clubs-The 2 17 year olds and 2 15 year olds tried it but they did not like it. Because the 8 kids are all cousins and are close, they just would hand out with each other.

Sports bar-Guys spent a lot of time here. They did show the football games and the Monday night game. They had some satelite problems at times though. The place is smaller than I expected.

All in all, a great cruise with no complaints. Wish I had another planned!

If you have any question, I would be happy to answer.

My friend is worried it will be to cold to do the cave tubing in Belize. We are also swimming with the rays in Grand Caymen. What were the tempratures like? Was the water warm?

Thank you you for your replies. I am so excited I can hardly work this week :D

I know they had Iron Man 1 and 2 one night. The other night they had a horror movie, I forget what it was. They had a "date night" movie another night. They do not have movies every night because they have partiies on the Lido deck some nights. During the mornings at sea, they show the morning show with Butch and Amy. After that it is the DJ. Sometimes they take pictures and show them on the big screen.

The temperature the whole cruise was hot, 80's at least if not 90 sometimes. I can't tell you about cave tubing but the water where you swim with the stingrays was like bath water, really warm. The water is about waist high or a little lower.

My friend is worried it will be to cold to do the cave tubing in Belize. We are also swimming with the rays in Grand Caymen. What were the tempratures like? Was the water warm?

Thank you you for your replies. I am so excited I can hardly work this week :D

Did cave tubing a few years ago in Feb and weather was fine. Does not get too cold there.

Thanks for the review and details about the Liberty!

A few questions:

1) Did you visit the piano bar? Who was playing? Any good?

2) What kind of breakfast did you have at the burrito bar? (what are the hours?)

3) Did you notice was the 'old aft' hamburger grill was being used for? (or is it not being used at all?)

4) Did you attend the fun farewell party (last night/free drinks) and if so how was it?

5) Did you try any of the 'didja' menu items? Any favorites?

6) Did you visit the Alchemy bar? If so how was it?

Thanks!

Hey Jeffc79, did you notice the bunch of fools running down the dock and jumping off several times? That was our group!

Froufie,

We did not do the piano bar but I did poke my head in once. It seems pretty crowded in there and seemed like fun. Just never fit it in.

The aft hamburger place is gone I believe, don't need it with Guys!

I didn't get he breakfast burrito but my husband and son did several times. They put scrambled eggs and whatever else you want in it. They love it!

We did not do the fun farewell party. It was at 5 and we were trying to soak all the pool side fun we could.

We did not try the didja items but there were pretty interesting things on the menu like shark and snails to name a few.

The alchemy bar was awesome. We went there a couple of times. Very good drinks. It is right outside the piano bar.

Hey Jeffc79, did you notice the bunch of fools running down the dock and jumping off several times? That was our group!

Froufie,

We did not do the piano bar but I did poke my head in once. It seems pretty crowded in there and seemed like fun. Just never fit it in.

The aft hamburger place is gone I believe, don't need it with Guys!

I didn't get he breakfast burrito but my husband and son did several times. They put scrambled eggs and whatever else you want in it. They love it!

We did not do the fun farewell party. It was at 5 and we were trying to soak all the pool side fun we could.

We did not try the didja items but there were pretty interesting things on the menu like shark and snails to name a few.

The alchemy bar was awesome. We went there a couple of times. Very good drinks. It is right outside the piano bar.

Thanks so much for the responses - more stuff to look forward to! :D:D

We had an awesome time too..We had the Same Experience on board as you guys, except our MDR experience but it was corrected and was very impressed with the way they handled the situation....Our son went to the Teen Club he is 16 and met 22 new best friends and he was very hesitant in going so we are really happy he tried it..As these kids have been texting and skyeping since we got back :) We are really sad it ended wish we could have stayed on board..lol

Glad you guys had a Nice Time!! We didnt see you guys at the CC meet and Greet..

Hey did they have a white hot party?

No hot white party they did have a Red Frog Deck party which was good we didnt stay too long, But the Blue Iguana Deck Party was alot of fun...our son and his new friends were up there dancing the night away...:) and then everyone else Joined in!!

It really was an awesome Cruise

Froufie my dear you will love it I promise :)

Two things I wanted to add. Since those in our group got off late in Belize, they did not have to get tender tickets.

We all got off in Grand Cayman and what a nightmare. No organization at all. We did not book our excursion though Carnival and boy did they make us pay. We went to the Victiorian lounge to wait in line so that at 10 they would give out the tender numbers. We were in a pretty good position but the line went all the way down the stairs. Then, people from the alchemy bar area started forming a new line and were not listening to anyone when they were told that wasnt' the line. A bunch of us bunched together and would not let them in. Then as we got closer, there was another line coming from another hallway. I felt bad for the people on the stairs that waited so long only to be cut by two other lines. We all voiced our complaint but there were not carnival employees in the line or near the line. They definately need a better system. But word to the wise, get there before 9:30 so you don't have to deal with all that.

The other thing was the drinking age. We had 3 17 year olds with us and were able to have one or two drinks no problem. (We did let them under our supervision). In Roatan the waiter made it a point to tell us no to worry about the drinking age. Those drinks on he beach are very strong by the way. I know in Belize, my niece would have been served no problem. At Nachi, under 21 wears a wrist band so you they couldn't get drinks. Anyway, just wanted you all to know in case you have teenagers!

Two things I wanted to add. Since those in our group got off late in Belize, they did not have to get tender tickets.

We all got off in Grand Cayman and what a nightmare. No organization at all. We did not book our excursion though Carnival and boy did they make us pay. We went to the Victiorian lounge to wait in line so that at 10 they would give out the tender numbers. We were in a pretty good position but the line went all the way down the stairs. Then, people from the alchemy bar area started forming a new line and were not listening to anyone when they were told that wasnt' the line. A bunch of us bunched together and would not let them in. Then as we got closer, there was another line coming from another hallway. I felt bad for the people on the stairs that waited so long only to be cut by two other lines. We all voiced our complaint but there were not carnival employees in the line or near the line. They definately need a better system. But word to the wise, get there before 9:30 so you don't have to deal with all that.

The other thing was the drinking age. We had 3 17 year olds with us and were able to have one or two drinks no problem. (We did let them under our supervision). In Roatan the waiter made it a point to tell us no to worry about the drinking age. Those drinks on he beach are very strong by the way. I know in Belize, my niece would have been served no problem. At Nachi, under 21 wears a wrist band so you they couldn't get drinks. Anyway, just wanted you all to know in case you have teenagers!

You are so right about this Kat...12 kids came back drunk and attempted to go into Club 02 and Security was called from the Director of the program as she/he kicked them out...I could not believe that these kids at 16 and 17 could Drink with no problem being there is No age limit and like you I had no idea...

Had no idea about drunk kids trying to get into Club O2. We let our kids have one drink here and there but only when we where with them. I would never let them wander the ship and they did not get drunk! What is wrong with people?

Had no idea about drunk kids trying to get into Club O2. We let our kids have one drink here and there but only when we where with them. I would never let them wander the ship and they did not get drunk! What is wrong with people?

Our son and his friends said the same thing as they were in 02 all the time and every time these kids attempted to go there, they were drunk..The stupid thing with people is some of them got to their parents alcohol from their room and OMG you had to see these kids it Infuriated me....but the other kids from 02 weren't dealing with it and neither were the Directors/Youth Counselors weren't having it...lets just say a lot of kids and parents got into trouble...They werent causing trouble they were just drunk and obnoxious..lol

I appreciate the info as my wife and I are sailing on the Liberty January 14th with two 16 year olds.

Can you tell me what activities the teens did to keep busy on the Liberty?

Were the rooms refurbished on the recent 2.0 upgrade?

I don't think the rooms have been updated. We were on the Freedom 4 years ago and they looked the same as that. Nice though.

The 8 kids with us did not like the Club. They went once and that was it. They watched some movies out on the lido deck some nights and met some kids there. We had 5 boys with us and they are happy to hang and watch a movie in the room or sit in the lobby with a soda. They certainly were never bored. We had the late dinner seating so by the time we were done it was usually 9:30 or 10 so they didn't have much time to kill before bed.

That reminds me, soda cards are $31. Then they add the tip and tax. I heard if you wait to buy them when you are out at sea, they don't add the tax. We didn't do that so I can't say for sure.

I appreciate the info as my wife and I are sailing on the Liberty January 14th with two 16 year olds.

There were all kinds of activities...Our son met 5 people and then it grew to 8 then it grew to 22 by the end of the week...there are alot of things for them to do the group did things with 02 and and then they all just hung around getting something to eat or Frozen Yogurt etc...there was Scavanger Hunt, Dancing, Wii Just Dance, Xbox Watched Movies they went to shows....It was just an amazing Experience My son just said....We Actually are all trying to plan another cruise so all these kids can see each other again..Also remember we had a full ship about 800 Kids Under the age of 18 We were told recently...Anyway definitely have your kids register the 1st night like our son did and they really should have a blast...

There were all kinds of activities...Our son met 5 people and then it grew to 8 then it grew to 22 by the end of the week...there are alot of things for them to do the group did things with 02 and and then they all just hung around getting something to eat or Frozen Yogurt etc...there was Scavanger Hunt, Dancing, Wii Just Dance, Xbox Watched Movies they went to shows....It was just an amazing Experience My son just said....We Actually are all trying to plan another cruise so all these kids can see each other again..Also remember we had a full ship about 800 Kids Under the age of 18 We were told recently...Anyway definitely have your kids register the 1st night like our son did and they really should have a blast...

She is a beautiful Ship and We are sorry it was time to go home..LOL

Archived