Visa for Oman

kimberley

Thank you for your replies. The guy was from a travel agent that is owned by Rccl. UK. The visa company he recommended was doing visas for over £100! Each. I have just telephone the service team in rccl here in the UK and was told the ship will get any visa required although she didn't know the cost. Shirley hopefully it will be free likes yours ! Did you enjoy your cruise and what would you recommend doing?

Thank you for your replies. The guy was from a travel agent that is owned by Rccl. UK. The visa company he recommended was doing visas for over £100! Each. I have just telephone the service team in rccl here in the UK and was told the ship will get any visa required although she didn't know the cost. Shirley hopefully it will be free likes yours ! Did you enjoy your cruise and what would you recommend doing?

As a Brit, you don't need a visa:D

We are on Brilliance next week. I understand that as we are overnighting in Oman, we will need a visa which the ship will obtain and charge $10 on our seapass card. Last year we were on Costa which called for only one day - we didn't need to get a visa for such a short visit

• 2 months later...
Do I need a visa for Oman sailing on the Brilliance of the Seas in January?

kimberley

I am being told by my cruise line that an Omani visa will cost approx £50, yet the answers to your post all say it is a small sum.

How did you get on when you were there in January, please?

kimberley

I am being told by my cruise line that an Omani visa will cost approx £50, yet the answers to your post all say it is a small sum.

How did you get on when you were there in January, please?

We had a fab cruise. The visa cost $13.33. They take your passports when you check in and they get your visas for you and bill your onboard account. Very easy. We got a cab in Oman. Just be aware that they will agree a price keep you out for longer then try and charge you extra. We paid what we agreed and then walked away. We had a fab tour and gave a good tip but he still wasn't happy.

Kimberley

Thanks so much for your reply.

Re your experience, I have always found that in the Arab countries you're not likely to be physically mugged as elsewhere, the man doing the mugging is the one shaking your hand & smiling as he is doing it, if you know what I mean!

Archived