Pool Temps on Alaska Cruise

kart97

We are considering a trip on the Jewel next September to Alaska... My wife is a fish that demands a pool... is she going to be frozen by the water temp or do they heat the pool for cruises to the north? :D

Thanks for any responses

If an outside pool is "heated" on an Alaska sailing, it still likely will be darn cold. I smile as I walk past the few swimmers, with me wearing my jacket, hat and gloves.

If a priority then look at an inside pool, like with some RCI ships and others.

I never see many people swimming, many times it's just the kids.

Some ships have glass covers that they can close over a pool but still it is darn cold. Also the hours the pools have water and are open for use are very limited. Most Alaska cruise schedules are very heavy with port stops and are much less oriented to pools and pool deck activities.

• 2 weeks later...

There were VERY few people in the pools on our cruise in June. An Alaskan cruise is not the typical type of cruise where people are doing ship activities and lounging by the pool. Most people are watching the scenery, scanning for wildlife etc. We saw fabulous wildlife (whales, puffins, otters, seals etc) but you have to be at the rail searching as they just don't announce themselves :D

Archived