Kaua'i Self Guided Movie Tour

Marlod

We want to see the movie filming sites around Kaua'i, but want to rent a car and do it ourselves so we can save some money (we are a party of 6)and do some other things as well. I know there is a book available, but it is from 1992 and there have been a lot of new films since then. Does anyone know of a good place to get a more recent location site map than that book?

Anyone done this themselves and have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

We want to see the movie filming sites around Kaua'i, but want to rent a car and do it ourselves so we can save some money (we are a party of 6)and do some other things as well. I know there is a book available, but it is from 1992 and there have been a lot of new films since then. Does anyone know of a good place to get a more recent location site map than that book?

Anyone done this themselves and have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

TGI Maps makes a map of Kauai that shows all the fliming locations.

Bill

TGI Maps makes a map of Kauai that shows all the fliming locations.

Bill

I have looked on their website, but don't find anything obvious for being a movie tour map - although I will be the first to admit I am internet search challenged (much to my husbands display :rolleyes:). What should I be looking for there?

Thanks!

I have looked on their website, but don't find anything obvious for being a movie tour map - although I will be the first to admit I am internet search challenged (much to my husbands display :rolleyes:). What should I be looking for there?

Thanks!

Their Kaua'i Pocket Map is what I have. It has little numbered clapper board on the map and a guide running down the side that tells what the location is and what movies were filmed there. And it has a lot of them, Blue Hawaii, South Pacific, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, Siz Days Seven Nights, Donovan's Reef. You could spend days going to all the places.:)

The maps are illustrated like this.

bigdallas.jpg

Their Kaua'i Pocket Map is what I have. It has little numbered clapper board on the map and a guide running down the side that tells what the location is and what movies were filmed there. And it has a lot of them, Blue Hawaii, South Pacific, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, Siz Days Seven Nights, Donovan's Reef. You could spend days going to all the places.:)

Ahhhh...thank you. Did you order this prior to arriving, or was it easy to find on Kauai?

IMHO there is so much that is beautiful about Kauai that to only go for the move location is missing the island, unless of course one is a buff and collecting picturs of movie locations for the sake of it and only it...

IMHO there is so much that is beautiful about Kauai that to only go for the move location is missing the island, unless of course one is a buff and collecting picturs of movie locations for the sake of it and only it...

Then if I was you, I would not order one of those movie location map. IMHO. :rolleyes:

I think getting one of the maps and exploring by rental car is a brilliant idea. Kauai is a beautiful island and taking your own driving tour to see the movie locations will also give you the opportunity to stop and explore other parts of the island along the way. You will have a blast!

We didn't get one ordered, and we leave on Thursday. Just got buried in all the other things to do trying to get a family of four out the door for a 10 day vacation and wrap up work to be away. Hopefully we can find something while we are there that can help us.

And yes, part of the reason we wanted to do it ourselves was so that we could stop at other places we saw and just enjoy the beauty of the island. Having points of interest along the way just makes it that much more interesting, at least for us.

Thanks again for the help! At least I will have an idea of what to look for now. :)

Archived