Cab fare to the Art Deco district

scarlett123

Hello everyone,

We booked a Carribean cruise on the Eclipse in Feb. We are flying in a day before sailing. I just booked a room at the Hilton downtown Miami. ($233.00 for Feb.17 ) I'm interested in exploring the Art Deco area and the surroundings in South beach. How much will a cab ride cost us to go there?

Hello everyone,

We booked a Carribean cruise on the Eclipse in Feb. We are flying in a day before sailing. I just booked a room at the Hilton downtown Miami. ($233.00 for Feb.17 ) I'm interested in exploring the Art Deco area and the surroundings in South beach. How much will a cab ride cost us to go there?

If it were Ft Lauderdale, that distance wouldn't be much more than $20. If you mapquested the distance, then googled Miami taxi rates, you'd know what it'd cost. I'd do it, but I'm lazy.

That seems awfully pricey even for February. If you aren't completely committed, I suggest checking Priceline or Hotwire. Just be sure to investigate the areas you want to be in. Last January we got the Crowne Plaza in Ft. Lauderdale for $89--not bad for a ****.

The OP wants to see South Beach with it's Art Deco area, not Ft. Lauderdale.

Yes, I understand that. I was just quoting an example of a discounted hotel price in the area. I could have gotten as good a deal in Miami had I chosen to stay there. Just trying to be helpful here.

I will never understand people who stay downtown or near the port when you can stay in Miami Beach south beach or northbeach with one of the U.S. best beaches all the art deco buildings good places to eat and walk boardwalk, Lincoln road etc and then just take a cab to the ship. Do they just dont know or do they have a bad idea of what it is like.

I too would suggest staying in South Beach. The nicer hotels right on the beach are a bit pricey, but a block away the rates seem pretty reasonable. We stayed at the Loews Hotel on the beach several years ago. Rooms just OK, but views and hotel grounds were fantastic. This year we're planning on staying at the Albion Hotel, a couple blocks of the beach, at a pretty reasonable rate in March. It is right off of Lincoln Road which is a pedestrian mall with shops and lots of restaurants.

Archived