NCL EPIC TA Oct. 21st, 2012

aireboy

Yep, never cruised before but I'm a fairly seasoned traveler. I would have loved to have flown in the night before but I have to work **grumble grumble**

I figure the flight can be as much as 4 hours late and I'll still make it. What can go wrong?? :rolleyes:

If all else fails then Jon will get his wish for seeing someone skiing behind a cruise liner as long as someone throws me a loooong rope :D

Yep, never cruised before but I'm a fairly seasoned traveler. I would have loved to have flown in the night before but I have to work **grumble grumble**

I figure the flight can be as much as 4 hours late and I'll still make it. What can go wrong?? :rolleyes:

If all else fails then Jon will get his wish for seeing someone skiing behind a cruise liner as long as someone throws me a loooong rope :D

Yeah it's not like that TV show Airline with err Easy... Ohh :). Sure you'll be fine. I'll be spending the night before in a hotel in Manchester :) . Luckily I don't work Saturdays ;)

Well any questions on cruising shout, this would be my 10th with my NY cruise next May 11th

Thanks Craig, appreciate all the advice and info! Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else on board. I'm sure you'll all keep me out of any trouble. Uhhh...then again maybe not ;)

Jay: What happens on the ship stays on the ship!! Unless you fall overboard or get kicked off for some reason and then your name will be all over the media!!

You are going to love cruising...wait, that didn't quite come out right...you are going to love cruising on the ship....hummm, that doesn't read right either....you are going to love the ship and everything it has to offer (I guess that is better...). The mega-ships are like floating cities and with all of those days at sea it becomes a city of sunburnt people. Bring plenty of sunscreen, especially for Deck 17, for those areas that rarely see the light of day!! :eek:

John

John,

Just don't tell him about the new cruiser initiation ceremony :cool:

Craig: OMG! I totally forgot about that...thanks for the reminder!! He won't be a "virgin" to sailing (or to anything else) after the initiation ceremony. :D This cruise is going to be SOOOOOOOOooooooo much fun!!

Thanks, again, for the reminder.....

John

I joke not! Here is a clue

Craig: At least this initiation had more clothing! I had to wear a thong & two coconut halves! Plus, the "seasoned" sailors got to paint my body...which tickled at first until the paint dried and then it hurt...and no one stuck dollar bills in my thong.

Just remember not to bring permanent Magic Markers; otherwise Jay will have a lot of explaining to do as to the words and meanings even after 2 weeks (can you imagine what folks that he works with would say?)! Maybe we should paint his blond hair green....that would be stunning!! :eek:

John

Craig: At least this initiation had more clothing! I had to wear a thong & two coconut halves! Plus, the "seasoned" sailors got to paint my body...which tickled at first until the paint dried and then it hurt...and no one stuck dollar bills in my thong.

Just remember not to bring permanent Magic Markers; otherwise Jay will have a lot of explaining to do as to the words and meanings even after 2 weeks (can you imagine what folks that he works with would say?)! Maybe we should paint his blond hair green....that would be stunning!! :eek:

John

Right then. Lets just (if you'll excuse the expression) get a few things straight here...

Firstly anyone is welcome to stick any internationally recognised hard currency into my th.. er well I don't have a thong but they can stick it into anything else with pleasure. I'll have a large bar bill to support.

Secondly as someone who once returned from a drunken rugby weekend in France with "who's a lovely boy then" and a big smiley face scribbled in marker pen all over my bum, I have NO wish to repeat the experience or the removal thereof.

Thirdly I'm allergic to coconut.

Fourthly there will be no green hair. I'm going to be in a lot of wedding photos and I don't want to explain that one for the next 45 years.

Anyway I though we were going to talk about something more cultural? :rolleyes:

Must remember to bring some hard currency then. :D

You'll have to tell us about that Rugby weekend over a pint or three. Although I warn you Epic doesn't have much in real drinks, it's all bottled lagers :( .

I had to live off Boddingtons, Newcastle and Bass but washed down with a lot of Vodka ;)

Anyway I though we were going to talk about something more cultural? :rolleyes:

Jay: This IS cultural...it is about real life on the sea! As for the green hair in the wedding photos, well folks would just think of you as that British punk rocker guy.

Like Craig, I must remember to bring hard currency to "help" with your bar bill. Next Normadicbacchus will be chiming in here about needing help with his bar bill, too...anyone that can walk around with two G&T's in their hands is going to have an incredible bar bill....right, Jon?

John (and Ben who should be back this weekend from Michigan)

Chime!! I want help with my bar bill too!!

Oooohhhh won't you help a struggling steerage passenger?! :p (hehee)

And I agree, nothing more cultural than the rights-of-passage of seafaring individuals. I've seen some pretty brutal line-crossings; I'd advise on taking the mermaid outfit above some of the other options (swimming in weeks old food waste, etc...)

So we've gone from nudism to sports euphemisms to mermaid drag, where to now? :D

So we've gone from nudism to sports euphemisms to mermaid drag, where to now? :D

Jon: It does fire the imagination doesn't it...."But, Rhett, where shall I go? Whatever shall I do?" "Frankly, my dear," it is going to be a long 3 months of new subjects! So, Jon, why don't you start a new subject and see where it goes? :rolleyes:

John (and Ben et al)

I could never sit through gone with the wind long enough to get to that scene. Clark Gable was not attractive enough to carry me through such a tedious love story. Ive only ever watched one epic romance, and it was only because ryan gosling CAN carry me through an entire bore fest.

Ive ordered some plastic "juice" containers that are discussed on this site a lot, hopefully I can just drink my own juice instead of paying for their juice. They charge a lot for juniper berry juice on the cruise ships. (hehe, i'm so sneaky)

Everyone's seen GWTW.. it's been on TV about 350 times. I remember reading somewhere that the snogging scenes were a bit of a chore for the leading ladies because Clark had bad breath and ill fitting false teeth. I guess times have moved on a little. Jon you can have Ryan Gosling if I can have Ryan Reynolds. And Channing Tatum. Or maybe just Channing. Oh hell ok I'll take both of em :D

Craig the first thing I learned about drunken rugby weekends is never ever be the first one to go to sleep or pass out. I'm thinking this could apply to FOD gatherings just as easily ;)

Everyone's seen GWTW.. it's been on TV about 350 times. I remember reading somewhere that the snogging scenes were a bit of a chore for the leading ladies because Clark had bad breath and ill fitting false teeth. I guess times have moved on a little. Jon you can have Ryan Gosling if I can have Ryan Reynolds. And Channing Tatum. Or maybe just Channing. Oh hell ok I'll take both of em :D

Craig the first thing I learned about drunken rugby weekends is never ever be the first one to go to sleep or pass out. I'm thinking this could apply to FOD gatherings just as easily ;)

To know the history of "GWTW" is to know the movie even better and to appreciate it even more. In terms of Depression Era money value I believe it is still the leader in earnings of any movie. Maybe we should do a GWTW-theme for Halloween on the ship....I wonder which part I should play?

Jay: Even though I accused Normadicbacchus of possible interest in "gang therapy," it sounds like you might be that way, too, given your willingness to take on both Ryan Reynolds and Channing Tatum. Personally, I would go for Anderson Cooper...the Silver Fox...but only because of his intellect, you know....

John (and Ben et al)

P.S. Craig: We must remember the last 2 lines of the quote above...could be valuable information for the "initiation." :)

Hmm.. None of those names rings my bell. I had to google them lol!

So you reckon they might do something on Halloween? I know a lot of Americans celebrate it and dress up, bit of a none event here other than avoiding getting your tyres slashed by the local hooligans lol!

I asked on the forum and someone who did it last year said a handful and some crew dressed up, guess it depends how many US and how many Europeans onboard.

John, I'm talking about collecting autographs. I have no idea what you're referring to but it sounded smutty. May I remind you that this is a cultural board?

I'm up for a fancy dress night...I already have my white outfit. It's a nike sock. (just kidding...)

John, I'm talking about collecting autographs. I have no idea what you're referring to but it sounded smutty. May I remind you that this is a cultural board?

I'm up for a fancy dress night...I already have my white outfit. It's a nike sock. (just kidding...)

White outfit is reserved for white hot party, hopefully on deck in h2o..

I now have this image of Jay starkers with just a white Nike sock to cover his bits..

Hmm..

May I remind you that this is a cultural board?

Jay: I agree that it is a "cultural board"....a cultural board for Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, Transgender, Queen folks that are either taking this cruise or thinking about taking this cruise. Given that this board so far has had 4,291 "hits," either the entire ship is going to be filled with LGBTQ folks or there is a great deal of interest in this board by both LGBTQ and/or str8 folks. I am very fortunate to live in a community within a county within a state where I cannot be denied housing, employment, service, etc. because of who I am. I can even, by law, marry another man if I choose to do so.

There has also been a great deal of exchanging of euphemisms, innuendos, comments, etc., that have been of a sexual nature on this board. Nowhere in your posting about the 2 movie stars did you indicate that you were seeking only their autographs...actually quite the contrary unless you were planning on having them sign your naked bum. So to say that something I wrote "...sounded smutty" seems terribly out of place given that you then wrote "I'm up for a fancy dress night...I already have my white outfit. It's a nike sock." Apparently Craig interpreted that statement the same way that I did.

So if you want to continue this conversation off-line, Jay, then look for my email address in an earlier posting. I would be glad to continue the discussion but I don't believe this board is the forum to do so.

John

John, I am so sorry, you have completely misinterpreted me and my British humour. I was not being serious at all and I think most people would have realised my tongue in cheek approach which I thought you were quite aware of. If I have caused offence please accept my apologies.

Archived