NCL EPIC TA Oct. 21st, 2012

aireboy

Hello All,

My partner and I along with two friends are booked on the TA cruise. This will be our 2nd trip on Epic (Med last summer) and our first TA! We've cruised on many ships but never a TA, we're all a little anxious about what it will be like! We're on deck 16, we really like the Haven concept on Epic..

About us, i'm in my 30s, my partner in his 40s, and our 2 friends are 55+. I'm the only one that really works year around/full time so I'm really looking forward to 2 weeks off work...

I Look forward to meeting everyone! We're stopping in London for 3 nights for a quick visit prior to Barcelona, if anyone has an recommended things to visit in London, let me know. I've joined the facebook group also if you're a FB user so look me up! "NCL Epic Transatlantic Barcelona-Miami 21st October 2012".

--W Blake

NormadicBacchus: Jon, maybe you should consider trying "The Friends of Bill" meetings again....sounds like you might have a little alcohol problem!! :D Your bar bill is going to be huge!

Sorry that I haven't been more active on this thread lately...have been mourning the loss of Jay on the cruise. He definitely would have added "flavor" to the trip, but then he had to go and get "involved" again....sad, sad, sad.... :( Oh, well, we always have NormadicBacchus to take Jay's place on Deck 19 (I thought it was Deck 17)....so, Jon, are you up for the challenge? Something tells me that a 23 year old, 6'5" Canadian just might be able to fill Jay's "shoes" on this cruise...am I right, Jon?

John (and Ben)

Yeah, same here.. Think I would have got on well with Jay :D .

We should find out the ents later this week..

I think I'll be ready for a good break, just 35 more working days to go!

Yeah, same here.. Think I would have got on well with Jay :D .

We should find out the ents later this week..

I think I'll be ready for a good break, just 35 more working days to go!

Awww, you and John are making me feel bad for not coming, thanks for your kind words, I know we would have had a great time on board but sometimes the Universe has different ideas. I hope you'll find time to post here and there on board and let me know how you're all doing. I want pics of the White Party!!!! :D

Hello All,

My partner and I along with two friends are booked on the TA cruise. This will be our 2nd trip on Epic (Med last summer) and our first TA! We've cruised on many ships but never a TA, we're all a little anxious about what it will be like! We're on deck 16, we really like the Haven concept on Epic..

About us, i'm in my 30s, my partner in his 40s, and our 2 friends are 55+. I'm the only one that really works year around/full time so I'm really looking forward to 2 weeks off work...

I Look forward to meeting everyone! We're stopping in London for 3 nights for a quick visit prior to Barcelona, if anyone has an recommended things to visit in London, let me know. I've joined the facebook group also if you're a FB user so look me up! "NCL Epic Transatlantic Barcelona-Miami 21st October 2012".

--W Blake

W Blake: First, welcome to you, your partner, and friends to this Forum and to your first TA...my experience has been that TA's are one of the best cruises one can do. All of those days at sea definitely helps for those of us still working full-time and need the time away.

There seem to be several folks from England on this cruise so I am fairly sure they can advise you on what to see & do in London. There is also a Str8 Forum for the same cruise that can give you a lot of insight as to what to expect on the TA and the ports of call. Check it out if you get the chance.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at the FOD!

John & Ben

Awww, you and John are making me feel bad for not coming, thanks for your kind words, I know we would have had a great time on board but sometimes the Universe has different ideas. I hope you'll find time to post here and there on board and let me know how you're all doing. I want pics of the White Party!!!! :D

Jay: "I knew I had the right to remain silent....I just didn't have the ability." You would still be coming on this cruise if I had just not written a specific line to you....sigh....why do I have to share everything? :mad: At least it worked out extremely well for you but is a real disappointment for half the men on the ship! :( Normadicbacchus has some really big shoes to fill....but then, I have to wonder what size shoe a 6'5" Canadian wears? :eek:

Craig: Maybe we should withhold pictures of the White Party as Jay's punishment for not coming on this cruise....what do you think? ;)

John & Ben

It's getting closer and this board has no activity. Is there anyone that just wants to relax and go with the flow like us? The straights have all their days and nights planned and have me exhausted. :D

It's all Jay's fault!!! :(

It does seem a bit OTT on the str8 call with Poker Runs and slot pulls and Cabin crawls. Hmm oh look it's a cabin, oh look it's another one ... Lol but hey each to their own..

First night I'll probably attend the solo meet in the studio lounge, if there is anyone I get on with (or just fit :rolleyes: ) I'll probably attend the solo dinner they normally have the 2nd night in Taste (both on same time as LGBT meeting) but previous times it's been mainly "mature" couples there who after a drink tend to go and eat as couple and the younger singles Str8 and Gay tend to be in the Studios and gather in groups for dinner. I tend to get on a lot better socially with str8 guys, usually just more in common lol! So makes it easier over dinner conversations.

Not really thought about the two shore days, early this year on Epic I only actually got off once, I tend to be in Bliss until 3/4AM and so by the time I wake for breakfast most of the ship had already gone ashore.

I've seen Blue Man twice on Epic (identical show each time) and Cirque Dreams so I tend to hang out in O'Sheehans or Headliners (when howls on) pre Bliss.

Hi all, myself and my partner both in our 20s will be on this cruise. Iv was on the EPIC earlier this year and i loved it, from start to finish. Its my partners first cruise so im hoping he likes the whole cruising concept as much and me so i can book another as soon as we arrive home ;-)

We cant wait for lots of drinks, some good food and total relaxation :-)

PS were bringing my grandparents but i dont think ill be inviting them to the FOD meeting, haha!

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you.

DP

Hahah, I regret divulging my height. Even though i'm pretty sure i'm only 6'4 (It makes a big difference, ok?!), ill still probably stand out like a sore thumb in a sea of cruisers. (My experience has been on HAL, princess, and celebrity, where the demographics tend to lean on the geriatric crowd). Seems like this group is a lot more interesting than what im used to!! Perhaps a little A-type over on the other thread, but i'm sure they wont be offended if I sleep through their events.....

Is anyone planning on doing the chefs tasting menu? Ive always had amazing nights when things like this are planned. Great conversation and usually pretty generous wine pairings. :D

Sorry Ive been so MIA by the way, I have been moving out of my apartment in Montreal and filling a storage locker, its been quite stressful, but my vacation on the horizon is making it a little easier to get through. I leave in 2 weeks!!! AHH!! :D !!!

Hahah, I regret divulging my height. Even though i'm pretty sure i'm only 6'4 (It makes a big difference, ok?!), ill still probably stand out like a sore thumb in a sea of cruisers. (My experience has been on HAL, princess, and celebrity, where the demographics tend to lean on the geriatric crowd). Seems like this group is a lot more interesting than what im used to!! Perhaps a little A-type over on the other thread, but i'm sure they wont be offended if I sleep through their events.....

Is anyone planning on doing the chefs tasting menu? Ive always had amazing nights when things like this are planned. Great conversation and usually pretty generous wine pairings. :D

Sorry Ive been so MIA by the way, I have been moving out of my apartment in Montreal and filling a storage locker, its been quite stressful, but my vacation on the horizon is making it a little easier to get through. I leave in 2 weeks!!! AHH!! :D !!!

I'm going to really be head and shoulders above everyone then as I'm 6'8"! But at least I get served at the bar quickly! Just don't sit behind me at the shows :-)

Chefs table sounds great , not on our booking list at the moment but love anything that comes with free wine as my other half doesn't drink much so more for me

Hi everyone,

I wasn't supposed to join this cruise... but, surprisingly, some circumstance made it possible... I was very interested by this TA cruise (Barcelona-Miami) since a long time. As I have a rare opportunity to take 2 weeks off just at the right moment, and the prices are way shipper than it was few months ago, I have to jump onboard, can't resist ! Bad news, my partner won't be able to do it (new job, no holidays yet :-( So I'm gonna try a first time solo cruise, and have an experience with the studio concept !

That will be my 15th cruise, my 11th cruise with NCL, and my 7th cruise on the Epic (my second home ;-) I have done the first TA, inaugural, june 2010, from Southampton to New York, and the TA from Miami to Barcelona in may 2011.

For the records :

Cruise Critic Name : cc&jp (but cc, my partner, won't be there :-(

Real First Name : Jean-Philippe

Cabin Number : to be confirmed

Home City and Country : Paris, France

See you soon :-)

Welcome back JP. I remember you and your partner from the May 2011 TA. For anyone doing a post cruise stay in South Florida, I manage a gay guest house in Ft. Lauderdale. Special post cruise rates apply. Also have a very inexpensive shuttle from port of miami to ft.lauderdale. www.ridesas.com $15.00 pp www.chestonhouse.com Shoot me an e-mail directly for rates. chestonhouse@bellsouth.net attention Chuck.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jon: Don't ever regret anything...you are too young to have regrets!

Sorry I haven't been more active lately on this Forum...still mourning the loss of Jay....but that is not going to change...sigh.... He has found true love and moved one without any of us.

Have booked online for restaurants, shows, etc. We leave a month from this coming Monday (17th) so it is getting closer with every day. I am SO looking forward to all of those lazy days at sea. I am not like the Type-A's on the Str8 Forum...I am solely in it for the R&R...so I will be the really lazy one at the FOD parties. Ben will probably be the hyper one unless I can calm him down.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Oh, and Jon, what days will you be on Deck 19?? :rolleyes: Just wondering.....

John & Ben

So who's on the Facebook group. Just being nosey :D

I see King Marcus aka Prada Cowboy on there....

I've been too busy at work recently I've not realised how quick it's sneaking up. Hopefully NCL will release my edocs soon, last two times it's been 2-3 weeks prior to sailing.

I got a letter fom them on Friday but about the Breakaway inaugural sailing I'm on next year, they were trying to switch my flights from direct Newark - Birmingham to NY - Frankfurt - Birmingham (adding an extra 4.5hrs to the journey time!) . I threatened to cancel and they switched back.

My flights for this one are supposed to be Jet2 Manchester - Barcelona (same as I did earlier this year) and then return I'm AA Miami - JFK then AA JFK - Manchester.

I do hope Richard "from the Dominican republic" isn't the cruise director still as he wasnt great back in April!

Who cares about the Screw Director? We can have all fun without a person telling us what to do!

33 more sleeps and we are off.......

Can't wait for some relaxing on the ocean! I just came off a SeaDream voyage and it was super stressful, it was a very port intensive trip and I was up early and in bed late....:eek:!

It's all Jay's fault!!! :(

It does seem a bit OTT on the str8 call with Poker Runs and slot pulls and Cabin crawls. Hmm oh look it's a cabin, oh look it's another one ... Lol but hey each to their own..

First night I'll probably attend the solo meet in the studio lounge, if there is anyone I get on with (or just fit :rolleyes: ) I'll probably attend the solo dinner they normally have the 2nd night in Taste (both on same time as LGBT meeting) but previous times it's been mainly "mature" couples there who after a drink tend to go and eat as couple and the younger singles Str8 and Gay tend to be in the Studios and gather in groups for dinner. I tend to get on a lot better socially with str8 guys, usually just more in common lol! So makes it easier over dinner conversations.

Not really thought about the two shore days, early this year on Epic I only actually got off once, I tend to be in Bliss until 3/4AM and so by the time I wake for breakfast most of the ship had already gone ashore.

I've seen Blue Man twice on Epic (identical show each time) and Cirque Dreams so I tend to hang out in O'Sheehans or Headliners (when howls on) pre Bliss.

LOL...I am totally with you! Then as well there are the beats everybody has to wear to be recognized as a CC member...LOL! I never do aa cabin crawl again...did that 1 time while sailing in the Garden Villa and never again. People were down rude to me, destroied my flowers, stole things and helped themselves at my bar. If there would be a Slut Tournament...I would say I may would sign up...LOL!:eek:

LOL...I am totally with you! Then as well there are the beats everybody has to wear to be recognized as a CC member...LOL! I never do aa cabin crawl again...did that 1 time while sailing in the Garden Villa and never again. People were down rude to me, destroied my flowers, stole things and helped themselves at my bar. If there would be a Slut Tournament...I would say I may would sign up...LOL!:eek:

It's getting worse. Now it's mardi gras beads, name tags,, cards with contact details and a happy hour at Shakers around when the LGBT meetings will be! :eek:

Last spring we did have several days of rough seas on the Epic's TA crossing. My studio cabin was quite creaky for a few nights so it's not a bad idea to bring some earplugs just in case! Hope this helps.

What, incase they are next to you and your creaking ;) cabin :D

If we can have nice sunny sun bathing days and some rock/roll, creaking at night will suit me perfect!

It's getting worse. Now it's mardi gras beads, name tags,, cards with contact details and a happy hour at Shakers around when the LGBT meetings will be! :eek:

It's like Kindergarden! I will go to the CC meeting Monday morning, but thats it! Just want to see the faces to the names...and have a cocktail! Should be like shopping at Wallmart:-)!!!

Sign me up for everything, get me a cab, and find a spot for me on an excursion. Seriously they are exhausting. My biggest issue right now is getting my kindle loaded. I am so needing to relax right about now and all this planning has me looking forward to the opposite, going with the flow.... Can anyone put a spreadsheet together of when everyone is going to everything so I can try to avoid....

Seriously, probably nice people but a bit intense.....:cool:

Will anybody be in Barcelona before the sailing? If so, is there any interest in getting together for a pre-departure dinner on Saturday the night before? I was thinking about suggesting Marquette in the gay area which when I was there last April seemed to be about the gayest restaurant I have ever been in.

Craig

Archived