NCL EPIC TA Oct. 21st, 2012

aireboy

John, I am so sorry, you have completely misinterpreted me and my British humour. I was not being serious at all and I think most people would have realised my tongue in cheek approach which I thought you were quite aware of. If I have caused offence please accept my apologies.

Jay: Apology accepted! I must admit that I did not get the humor (as was probably obvious from my previous posting). I think on previous postings that your British humor was more evident.

So let's start over....if you are only wearing a white Nike sock for the White Party, will it be full? Or, will you have had to use the companion sock to compensate? Just trying to fulfill the image, you know.... :rolleyes:

John

Well.. before your post I might have said I was thinking of one of those knee length skiing socks...but since you slapped me into oblivion I'm now thinking more of one of those tiny ankle socks :o

It still fires the imagination!! Maybe you should buy a white thong so that folks can stuff it with money (and to help you pay your bar bill)....oh, wait, I probably shouldn't have written that as now Nomadicbacchus will show up in one for the same reason!! :D

John

haha, don't worry, the price of a bar bill is nowhere near enough to get me into a thong. I was thinking of simply rigging up some bedsheets as a halloween costume/white party outfit. Toga? I know its totally boring, and has been done a thousand times, but I really don't want to carry a costume with me through oktoberfest and touring europe. Ill have my leiderhosen, but I feel like thats kind of insulting to Germans, wearing their national costume to halloween? lol...

If you wear your leiderhosen I'll wear a kilt...

Jay: Just remember that it can be pretty windy at sea...so if you are dressing in the "traditional" kilt you might be "showing" more than you intended!! That would be fine with me but it might frighten some of the more mature clientele!! :eek: Hummm, after rethinking that you might get your bar bill paid by several ladies.... What to do, what to do.....:rolleyes:

John

Jay: Just remember that it can be pretty windy at sea...so if you are dressing in the "traditional" kilt you might be "showing" more than you intended!! That would be fine with me but it might frighten some of the more mature clientele!! :eek: Hummm, after rethinking that you might get your bar bill paid by several ladies.... What to do, what to do.....:rolleyes:

John

Isn't that what you call shooting the breeze?

Isn't that what you call shooting the breeze?

Well, I never thought of it in that way, but you could be right. If it happened to Nomadicbacchus in his toga I think they would call it a "costume malfunction!" (a.k.a. Janet Jackson during half-time at the Super Bowl :eek:) I have to wonder if a 23-year old, 6'5" man would get his bar bill paid afterwards.....it does fire the imagination as to who would pay.

John & Ben (yes, he is back from Michigan)

Hi, guys! I'm not even going on the cruise, but have loved reading this thread. Hilarious! I really wish I was "coming" along for the ride...it sounds like it will be a hoot. I tried to get on the Epic last month at the last minute, but alas, I couldn't get on a plane (I fly for free space available). I am really looking forward to getting on the Epic and staying in one of the studios at some point. Please do tell me how they are, as well as the accompanying "living room" and lounge (bar?). And DONT leave out any details! ;) I think I'd have a blast!

Going next week to Alaska on the Cel. Infinity!

Hope you all don't mind the callous interloper!!

Cheers,

Craig

Hi, guys! I'm not even going on the cruise, but have loved reading this thread. Hilarious! I really wish I was "coming" along for the ride...it sounds like it will be a hoot. I tried to get on the Epic last month at the last minute, but alas, I couldn't get on a plane (I fly for free space available). I am really looking forward to getting on the Epic and staying in one of the studios at some point. Please do tell me how they are, as well as the accompanying "living room" and lounge (bar?). And DONT leave out any details! ;) I think I'd have a blast!

Going next week to Alaska on the Cel. Infinity!

Hope you all don't mind the callous interloper!!

Cheers,

Craig

Craig: Have you considered trying to get on the Epic for this cruise by waiting until later to see if cabins are going cheaper? Plus, if you book air through NCL, even though you fly for free, the reduced cost of the cabin might justify the cost of the air. Just a thought.... If you have been enjoying the thread then you probably would fit right in!

John & Ben

P.S. We aren't in a studio so I won't be able to provide any details on them after the cruise; however, some of the others are staying in them so hopefully they can fill you in....

The Studios are great, I preferred them to the inside I had on my 2nd Epic trip. But this time it's going to be balcony time ;) , was going to book today but now will be Tuesday as I ermm know something you don't :rolleyes:

Roll on Tues :)

Yes? spill! what do you know? thanks, dragon...good idea, maybe I can get on at the last minute. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Yes? spill! what do you know? thanks, dragon...good idea, maybe I can get on at the last minute. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

OK but keep it quiet, :cool: BIG limited time summer sale starts Tues with some very big discounts on this years Cruises especially the TA.

Well some bad news I'm afraid!

I'd been waiting for a great deal.....

...and got one! :). So you'll all have to put up with me! Got myself a nice balcony and some OBC in the sale and all paid for.

:D

See you on the ship then!

yep, will try and get them to keep the techno turned down ... Well until 2AM :eek: :D

Hi Craig,

You have been on the Epic twice before so you know the low down perhaps better than most so on the sailing in October tell me honestly just how noisy is the Epic? If you want to can you escape the loud music????

I'm by no means a party pooper but at 51 do enjoy some peace and quiet ... oh and by the way I do like the sound of jazz and live music but Techno .... urghhhhh !!! (lol)

My cabin is on deck ten and seriously aft and I'm getting a tad concerned about the late night late night music that I might hear until 2am from the ships rear (aft) !!

On saying that you never know I might end up dancing the night away to techno wearing nothing but a white hot thong in the heat of the Caribbean sea ......... NOT a chance .... thongs are not for me as they are like dental floss for your butt !

Happy sailing

Hoco

Depending on the weather the Spice H2O tends to shut first and Bliss at the front if the ship continues late so you'll be fine.

I don't know if you have watched my vid from last year

But it gives some indication of the variety of music. The "classic" piano/vocalists are around the Atrium and Shakers, Blues/Jazz in Fat Cats, my fave good old sing a long requests in Headliners when howl at the moon is on.

On deck yes there is a variety of music played around the pool area but its quieter in Spice aft or on top of the Haven Top Hat bit where I could hardly hear anything and was reading my book.

Thanks Craig,

I have seen your video before but just watched it again and yeah it's good as it's informative.

Thanks for your comments about no problems ref my cabin being aft.

I hope my comment about thongs / dental floss did not offend as I did not intend it to be.

Hoco

Guys...sad news. I won't be cruising after all. Some pretty amazing stuff has happened in my life which means that I just can't spare the time to frolic across the ocean for two weeks :)

I am really sad that I won't be joining you but it's been awesome chatting and laughing at the comments on this post. I hope that I (we) can make it across on the 2013 crossing.

Seadragon has kept up to date with my adventures and if you want to know why I won't be there just buy him a drink and he'll fill you in. Won't you John?? :D

Archived