What do scanners hurt?

smokenmadelia

What items should not go though the scanners at check in? And are the scanners for checked luggage the same type?

The scanners at the ports are basic xray machines. They show outlines of what is in your bags, but you can't see labels, etc. If something LOOKS like an alcohol bottle, they can open your bag and check it.

Film higher than 800 iso should NOT go thru a scanner. No problems with anything else, and no problems with digital cameras, memory cards, etc.

Make sure if you have an implanted pacemaker or defribrillator that you do not go through the machines. Also, do not allow them to wand you as it could change the setting on the pacemaker. Sorry, but if you have one you have to submit to a pat down.

Make sure if you have an implanted pacemaker or defribrillator that you do not go through the machines. Also, do not allow them to wand you as it could change the setting on the pacemaker. Sorry, but if you have one you have to submit to a pat down.

I have a newer model Medtronic pacem./defib. implanted. While its true the hand-held wands should be avoided, I can walk through both the arch style metal detector and the new full body scanners used by TSA in airports.

I have a newer model Medtronic pacem./defib. implanted. While its true the hand-held wands should be avoided, I can walk through both the arch style metal detector and the new full body scanners used by TSA in airports.

Also, if you have an ostomy, the Full Body scanners that the TSA use at the airports can raise some "alarms", and you will probably be pulled aside and asked to explain what the "liquid" is in the pouch attached to your waist.... It was rather embarasing at the Tampa airport when they wanted to test the contents of my ostomy to make sure it wasn't explosives :eek:

And... when they x-ray'd my luggage after it was "checked in" for the flight, I got a note left in my suitcase from the TSA that said they had taken a look at the bottle of tequilla (Shaped like a pistol) that was in my checked bags for the last trip home:cool:

I have a implanted shunt that the setting is changed with a magnet. I cannot go through metal detectors. I can be wanded from the neck down. Going somewhere with me is always an adventure as I have screws in my knee too that set off the wand if I am wearing pants. I am turning into the bionic woman!

Archived